• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Facebook Password Has Not Been Reset

In summary, if you receive a message from Facebook telling you that your password has been reset, do not open the attached document. Instead, go to snopes.com to read more about the dangers of this scam.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I'm not one to usually pass along virus warnings - most of 'em are already old by the time I get 'em. But so many of you are on facebook that I just feel like I have to mention this here. You're liable to get a dire sounding email message, telling you that your facebook account password has been reset, all you have to do is open the attached document.

DON'T DO IT!!!

It's a zip file, and only the writers know all of what terrors lurk within it. The zip file downloads a Trojan horse that allows the perpetrators to take control of your computer.

If you opened it, well, we'll see you when you get a new hard drive.

How do I know? I got the message and I don't have a facebook account. You can read more at snopes.com.

Thank you for posting this KG..I probably would be one who would open it..especially since my FB got hacked last year.

thank you bunches

I've gotten this twice already this week. Since I didn't have any trouble signing in with my old password, I knew it was bogus.

If a site resets your password for some reason, they're not going to send you a new one. They'll wait until you try to log in, fail, and request a password reset.Some of the scammers are really, really good though. They count on human nature to want to know what's in the box. Can you let your phone ring without answering it? If not, you're likely to open a scammers message, too.

there is also a FB app that shows what friends have been viewing your site. DO NOT USE IT. It hacks your computer and the friends who it is showing.

nene960 said:
there is also a FB app that shows what friends have been viewing your site. DO NOT USE IT. It hacks your computer and the friends who it is showing.

I don't believe this one is true. At least it hasn't done anything to mine and I have several friends who have used it.

PCMomto4 said:
I don't believe this one is true. At least it hasn't done anything to mine and I have several friends who have used it.

It was on the news

You probably wouldn't notice. The Trojan plants a program that opens a back door. It allows the perpetrators to access you computer and operate it as if it was their own...like opening files that have your credit card numbers, passwords, account numbers...etc.Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your computer? Checked your bank accounts lately?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Can you let your phone ring without answering it? If not, you're likely to open a scammers message, too.

I can, but having alot of trouble teaching my family there's no law stating you HAVE to answer the phone every time it rings. So, even when I don't feel like answering, it gets handed to me anyway. :grumpy:

pampchefsarah said:
I can, but having alot of trouble teaching my family there's no law stating you HAVE to answer the phone every time it rings. So, even when I don't feel like answering, it gets handed to me anyway. :grumpy:

That's why I love using my cell more than my home phone. I'm the only one that touches it. If I don't feel like answering, no one else is going to for me.

PCMomto4 said:

I think I heard that Facebook came out directly saying those don't work and that many of them are fronts for trying to get information.

What I've seen a lot of lately, are groups that are riddles and such, and you have to join or become a fan to see the answer. To me, those just scream out as groups set up just so that the creator can access your information, which scares me.

1. Why am I receiving a notification that my Facebook password has not been reset?

This notification is likely due to an attempt to change your password on Facebook. If you did not initiate this change or do not remember doing so, it could be a sign of someone trying to access your account without your permission.

2. What should I do if I receive this notification?

If you receive this notification, it is important to take immediate action to secure your account. You should change your password immediately and also review your account activity to make sure there are no other suspicious login attempts.

3. Can I still access my Facebook account if I receive this notification?

Yes, you can still access your account if you receive this notification. However, it is recommended that you change your password as soon as possible to secure your account and prevent any unauthorized access.

4. How can I prevent this notification from happening again?

To prevent this notification from happening again, make sure to use a strong and unique password for your Facebook account. Also, enable two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security.

5. Is this notification from Facebook legitimate?

Yes, this notification is legitimate and comes directly from Facebook. It is a security measure to alert you of any unauthorized attempts to change your password. If you are unsure, you can always go directly to the Facebook website to change your password instead of clicking any links in the notification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• loreo
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • BethCooks4U