• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yes, Again, a Homeschooling Question...

In summary, there are several options for homeschooling supplies such as workbooks from Walmart and Staples, websites like childcareland.com and kizclub.com for printables and activities, and subscription services for daily printables. Some tips include using sheet protectors for reusable worksheets and washable markers for less mess. Additionally, there are resources available through teacher supply stores, local homeschool groups, and book swaps. Popular curriculums for homeschooling include A Beka and Accelerated Christian Education. It is important to research the requirements for Kindergarten in your state and consider the accelerated nature of some homeschool curriculums.
SilverCeladon
I'm going to homeschool my son for Kindergarten. What is a good website to get supplies or should I just go to Barnes and Noble and get some workbooks?

If you have any awesome books you recommend list them here also! I just bought the one Janet recommended on reading.

I find workbooks at Walmart and Staples for my preschooler.

A tip I learned- rip the pages out and put them in sheet protectors. The child uses dry erase markers on the pages, so can practice over and over without wasting paper. Put into a notebook, and it travels great in the car as well. Also gives the child control over learning, as she can pull out the notebook as desired.Robin

You can let the child use washable markers too. A little less stinky and safer for all clothing and car seats.

I used ABeka curriculm....it is outstanding, but a little spend!!!

A Beka Book Home Page Just check it out!

I use Brightly Beaming Resources for my preschooler (and even for my baby!). I don't know how the "real" school age stacks up against paid curriculums, but we like the ones we are doing, and the price (free!) is right.

As a former K and 1st teacher, I just wanted to say to check with your states K requirements so that you can ensure your child is on target (or ahead) of the minimum requirements. Thanks to NCLB (no child left behind), the promotion requirements and what they are excpected to learn is much more stringent now. (don't even get me started on nclb :rolleyes: ) Especially if you are thinking of enrolling your child in public schools in 1st.

K is not what it was when we were in school. The first grade curriculum has been pushed back to K (so in first, they learn what we used to in 2nd, etc.). They leave K reading, doing simple addition and subtraction and so much more. The time of learning through play has been pushed back to pre-k and home. :cry:

Good for you for wanting to homeschool your child! If my DD wouldn't be going to the school I used to teach at (and therefore I'm familar with the excellent staff), I would seriously consider homeschooling her when she got to K...but that's in another 4 1/2 years. :rolleyes:

Go to the local teacher supply stores. The one I go to in town (which is excellent) has a wealth of resources for homeschoolers too! You can always pick up some teacher resources for K - there is soo much there to help you out!

Good luck and feel free to PM if you have any questions about K. I'd love to help you!! :D

HomeschoolWe have a local homeschool store in town I usually shop at, also research online and then look on eBay.

I also look up curriculum and activities at the library for...FREE :sing: !!

Check to see if there are homeschool groups in your city (like yahoo groups, etc) and see if they have any book swaps. You can get cheap or really discounted used materials.

Debbie :D

We've been homeschooling our three (ages 12, 10 and 8) since Kindergarten and we've had them on the A Beka Academy DVD program from the start. It is one of the most accelerated homeschool curriculums and it is actually a couple of grades above most public schools.

Where exactly is Lodi, California? You might want to contact the Christian Home Educators Association of California for additional help. Other than that, since you are beginning with Kindergarten you can always go to your local bookstore, or teacher supply store for workbooks. We started our kids with Abeka because we had close friends graduate their children from it and they are doing so well in college and universities. Some even tried downgrading to a less challenging curriuculm and their children couldn't deal with the ease of other publishers.

I hope this helps!

For Kindergarten, we use the first grade Accelerated Christian Education program called A-B-C's with Ace and Christie....both of my kids have LOVED this program...it's easy, and fun...each letter sound has an animal associated with it, a song to sing, and a story about them. It is all phonics based, and my oldest excels in reading, and now my 6 year old is loving it too! I take it at a bit slower pace because it is a "1st" grade curriculum, but it has worked great. There are 12 PACES that the child completes (basically workbooks) in the subjects of Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. We rarely actually get into more than the reading and math....and then I use the leftover PACES as extras for their 1st grade curriculum...(I switch to a different curriculum in 1st grade because I feel that the ACE is not as challenging as I would like past K) Anyhow...that has worked for us...hope you find something that you love that works for you!!

1. Can you recommend any kitchen tools or gadgets that are helpful for homeschooling families?

Yes, we have a variety of kitchen tools that can make meal prep and cooking activities easier for homeschooling families. Our Quick Cooker and Deluxe Air Fryer are great for quick and healthy meals, while our Food Chopper and Manual Food Processor are perfect for little hands to help with chopping and mixing. Our Kids' Cookie Set and Sandwich Press are also great for fun and educational cooking activities.

2. How can I incorporate cooking and baking into our homeschooling curriculum?

There are many ways to incorporate cooking and baking into your homeschooling curriculum. You can use recipes to teach math skills such as measurement and fractions, explore science concepts through cooking experiments, and learn about different cultures and history through trying new recipes. You can also use cooking as a way to teach life skills and encourage independence in the kitchen.

3. Are there any resources or recipes specifically designed for kids to use in the kitchen?

Yes, we have a Kids' Cookbook and a Kids' Recipe Book that are both filled with kid-friendly recipes and cooking activities. We also have a Kids' Cooking Kit that includes child-sized kitchen tools and a cookbook with easy-to-follow recipes. These resources are designed to help children learn and have fun in the kitchen.

4. How can I make meal planning and meal prep easier as a homeschooling parent?

One way to make meal planning and meal prep easier is to involve your children in the process. You can have them help choose recipes, make grocery lists, and assist with meal prep. Another option is to invest in time-saving kitchen tools such as our Quick Cooker, Deluxe Air Fryer, and Food Chopper, which can help you make meals quickly and easily.

5. Are there any cooking classes or workshops specifically for homeschooling families?

Yes, we offer virtual cooking classes and workshops that are perfect for homeschooling families. These classes are designed to be educational and fun, and can cover a variety of topics such as basic cooking skills, international cuisines, and holiday baking. You can also check with your local Pampered Chef consultant to see if they offer any in-person cooking classes for homeschooling families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • cakepampered
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefmary