1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Wording to ask for show and referrals

1. towerbabel

towerbabel Gold Member

Hello.

To be honest, I am stumped. I have met these people in line or through someone else in passing. They mentioned they like pampered chef and have a lot of it, but I am stumped as how to reclaim that connection and get them to order, book, host and refer others.

Help please.

Aug 25, 2011
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

My next question is always, "Do you have a consultant who's meeting your needs?"

If they say no, I offer them a mini-catalog. It, of course, has the sticky note on the back so I can get their contact information, "just to check with you and see if there is anything I can do for you." I don't offer shows or products until I call or email.

If they say yes, they do, I tell them, "Great! Satisfied customers are our best advertising."

Aug 25, 2011
  3. priseortega

priseortega Member Gold Member

Thanks for sharing Rae. I love it!

Aug 25, 2011
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

My pleasure. The important thing is not to force the conversation. The best way to get good at this is to practice striking up conversations without worrying whether or not PC gets into the mix.

Aug 26, 2011
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I totally agree! Once you get comfortable talking to strangers, it's easier for conversations to just flow comfortably. I don't talk PC to every single person I meet but if I catch them staring at the mini catalog in the sling bag or if they happen to mention that they love PC or "NEED THAT" when they point to one of the wedgers on the mini-catalog ... game on! LOL

Ruth, you need logos on your car for that 1 hour wait in the school line! ;)

Aug 26, 2011
Have something to add?