• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Widow's Weekend Party: Tips for a Successful Show with Kids in Attendance

In summary, there is talk of doing a Widow's Weekend show, but it is not clear if it would work or not because there is not much hunting going on in the Phoenix area.
Jessamary
Has anyone done a Widow's Weekend show, and if so, how did it turn out?

(For those of you that don't know, Widow's Weekend is the first weekend of deer season...usually the weekend before Thanksgiving.)

I was thinking this could be a huge opportunity for a mega show, but don't know how it would go. I know kids would be there, so maybe do it at a large home or hire a couple of teenagers to play with the kids while the show goes on.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think it is a good idea. Maybe you should call it something else, I don't know that many people would get the "widow's weekend". I got it, but I grew up with deer season.
Wonder if we could alter a PC recipe to use deer meat?

Or even a kids interactive show? I think those are fun. We've been making the apple tarlets.

Good Luck

Carol

There has been talk of this in the past - search for "Hunting widows."

I'm glad you explained what it meant because I had no idea when I read the title. My first impression was that everyone was planning on killing their spouse and then have a get togther party to celebrate. Then I thought maybe it was just a group of women who lost their spouses that have home parties together but I couldn't figure out how a PC party could last an entire weekend. So I had to open the thread to find out what this was about. I'm from the west coast, not much hunting going on in the Phoenix area. I thought hunting season was in the spring? When I drove from Connecticut to Phoenix in May there were a lot of dead deer on the highways especially in PA and OH. Oh maybe that was mating season?

TammyStar said:
I'm glad you explained what it meant because I had no idea when I read the title. My first impression was that everyone was planning on killing their spouse and then have a get togther party to celebrate. Then I thought maybe it was just a group of women who lost their spouses that have home parties together but I couldn't figure out how a PC party could last an entire weekend. So I had to open the thread to find out what this was about. I'm from the west coast, not much hunting going on in the Phoenix area. I thought hunting season was in the spring? When I drove from Connecticut to Phoenix in May there were a lot of dead deer on the highways especially in PA and OH. Oh maybe that was mating season?
Hunters don't tend to leave their kills on the side of the road. ;)

Here in MI, bow season starts October 1. Firearms season starts November 15. One of my friends from High School had a Nov. 15 b'day, and her dad was NEVER home for it, because he was always at the family cabin for deer season.

OH I know, I was told the deer were roaming about because it was mating season so they wandered onto the highway and got hit by cars. I quit counting after 26!! I was just wondering why there were so many of them!

Related to Widow's Weekend Party: Tips for a Successful Show with Kids in Attendance

1. What is a Widow's Weekend Party?

A Widow's Weekend Party is a special event where we invite widows in our community to gather, relax, and have fun while learning about our products. It's a great opportunity for them to socialize and find comfort in a supportive environment.

2. How can I make sure the kids are entertained during the party?

We recommend setting up a designated area for kids to play and have activities such as coloring books, puzzles, and games. You can also have a babysitter or family member help supervise the children while the adults enjoy the party.

3. Are there any special products or deals for the Widow's Weekend Party?

Yes, we offer exclusive discounts and promotions for the Widow's Weekend Party. We also have special products that are perfect for widows, such as our comfort food cookbook and kitchen tools designed for easy use.

4. Can I bring my own food and drinks to the party?

Of course! We encourage hosts to provide refreshments for their guests, but you are more than welcome to bring your own food and drinks. Just make sure to coordinate with your host beforehand.

5. Do I need to bring anything to the party?

No, you don't need to bring anything to the party. We will provide all the necessary materials for the show, including catalogs, order forms, and product samples. Just come ready to have a good time!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vminaudo
  • PamperChefCarol
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msangtorn
  • heat123