• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success: The Power of Follow-Up Calls for Booking Direct Sales Shows

In summary, Linda has two experiences within the past 24 hours that she wanted to share. The first experience was calling a customer who attended a show TWO YEARS AGO. In previous CC calls, she indicated an interest in hosting, but we had never connected. She called last night and started asking her about her favorite products, what could she use in her kitchen right now, and she said POTS AND PANS! Jackpot! She booked Sept 20th. The second experience was as a director receiving a home office lead for someone interested in doing a show. We connected this morning and it turns out that she wants to do a fundraiser for her dance studio so they can get a new floor
DebbieJ
I've had two experiences within the past 24 hours that I wanted to share:

1. Called a customer who attended a show TWO YEARS AGO. In previous CC calls, she indicated an interest in hosting, but we had never connected. I called last night and started asking her about her favorite products, what could she use in her kitchen right now, and she said POTS AND PANS! Jackpot! She booked Sept 20th

2. As a director, I received a home office lead for someone interested in doing a show. We connected this morning and it turns out that she wants to do a fundraiser for her dance studio so they can get a new floor. She got the idea from talking to another consultant who had a booth at a local fair, but that consultant NEVER CALLED HER about it. Now I am sending her 20 catalogs for her students to collect orders and have a fundraiser show booked for Sept 6th.

Two calls, added two September shows.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR--PICK UP THE PHONE!!!!

Fantastic for you!!

Congrats!! Way to go!

Thanks Deb! I've been 'thinking about' making calls all day :) - guess I better get to it!

You are SO right! I have a lady waiting to schedule a show but I need to get off my lazy keester and call her. I WILL call her tonight on my way home from work.

byrd1956 said:
Fantastic for you!!

Humble Beginnings said:
Congrats!! Way to go!

I didn't post this to toot my own horn, but rather to illustrate that by working the basics of this business (which means making phone calls) you can have success!

Sometimes it takes 20 calls, but sometimes it takes just one. Go for it!

I have been trying to get better about making calls and I know that I have a ton that I need to make tonight but I am so tired today I will have to see what I feel like after I get up from a post-work nap.

Q- does everyone live by the 9pm rule? (no calls after 9pm)? I am just curious.

pampered.chris said:
I have been trying to get better about making calls and I know that I have a ton that I need to make tonight but I am so tired today I will have to see what I feel like after I get up from a post-work nap.

Q- does everyone live by the 9pm rule? (no calls after 9pm)? I am just curious.

I make it a point not to call after 9 unless someone has specifically said to or I have asked if it's okay first.

Thanks Deb for the advice, sometimes we just really need to hear this to wash all the excuses away!!!

Deb, I am a very new consultant and I feel wierd about the care calls..I know I shouldn't but I feel like I get all tongue tied (unlike my parties).

When you said you asked her what her kitchen could use....how did you get to that point? Did you do "small talk" first and if so..how did you start that too?

I am SO not a phone person. Even my friends laugh about how much I hate talking on the phone!!!

Thanks for any advice.

That's great Deb!

On the calling after 9pm question....I used to never. But during my phone courage workshop at conference they said not to "project" your own thoughts & feelings onto someone else. For example, say I don't like to receive calls after 9pm; so I assume that everyone else doesn't either. When in fact, for some people, that's actually when they'd prefer you call....after kids are in bed, etc. So, just pick up the phone....ask if it's an okay time to talk or ask if they're busy....if it's a bad time, they'll tell you!

I definitly avoid calls after 9 p.m. I would LOVE to get calls that late ... but I have heard very negative things about people hanging up on people who call after 9.I will bend the rules for 9:03, however ...

ChefSharain said:
Deb, I am a very new consultant and I feel wierd about the care calls..I know I shouldn't but I feel like I get all tongue tied (unlike my parties).When you said you asked her what her kitchen could use....how did you get to that point? Did you do "small talk" first and if so..how did you start that too?I am SO not a phone person. Even my friends laugh about how much I hate talking on the phone!!!Thanks for any advice.
Linda posted a great call sheet here not too long ago. I'll try to go find it.ETA--here it is: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/booking-script-41474/

Depends on time of year...summertime I'll call as late as 9:30 p.m. Wintertime is different, I don't usually call past 9 p.m.

Great reminder, Deb - thanks! And, regarding the time - I always ask them the best time to call them to follow up (esp. if it's a host or recruit lead), and even make phone appointments. Then I usually get them on the phone at the set time instead of getting answering machines/voicemails.

DebbieJ said:
Linda posted a great call sheet here not too long ago. I'll try to go find it.

ETA--here it is: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/booking-script-41474/

Thanks for posting that. I did the 3-2-1 tele-class last night and decided to get motivated to get on the phone. My biggest thing is not really knowing what to say. That script is GREAT!!

DebbieJ said:
I've had two experiences within the past 24 hours that I wanted to share:

1. Called a customer who attended a show TWO YEARS AGO. In previous CC calls, she indicated an interest in hosting, but we had never connected. I called last night and started asking her about her favorite products, what could she use in her kitchen right now, and she said POTS AND PANS! Jackpot! She booked Sept 20th

2. As a director, I received a home office lead for someone interested in doing a show. We connected this morning and it turns out that she wants to do a fundraiser for her dance studio so they can get a new floor. She got the idea from talking to another consultant who had a booth at a local fair, but that consultant NEVER CALLED HER about it. Now I am sending her 20 catalogs for her students to collect orders and have a fundraiser show booked for Sept 6th.

Two calls, added two September shows.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR--PICK UP THE PHONE!!!!

Just an update:

#1--the show is still on, she is inviting a whole bunch of people and is really excited to get the 12" skillet

#2--show was this past Saturday, was a total blast, we're up to $1800 in sales, 2 bookings, and 2 recruit leads. Boy did that other consultant miss out!!!

THE FORTUNE IS IN THE FOLLOW-UP!

thank you so much for posting not only the story but also the happy endings!

Congrat's Deb. That is awesome!

I get very upset if anyone calls me past 9. I actually prefer not to get calls past 8:
30 since that is when i am getting my kids to sleep.

Wow, congrats on the awesome show!!

1. Why is following up important in Pampered Chef?

Following up is crucial in Pampered Chef because it allows you to build and maintain relationships with potential and current customers. It also helps to ensure that customers are satisfied with their purchases and encourages repeat business.

2. How often should I follow up with my customers?

The frequency of follow-ups will depend on the individual customer and their needs. However, it is recommended to follow up within a week after a purchase or party, and then periodically after that to stay in touch and provide new product updates.

3. What should I say when following up with a customer?

The key to a successful follow-up is to keep it personal and genuine. You can thank the customer for their purchase or for attending a party, ask for their feedback, and offer any additional assistance or product recommendations.

4. How can following up benefit my business in Pampered Chef?

Following up can help to increase customer satisfaction, build trust and loyalty, and ultimately drive sales and revenue. It also allows you to gather valuable feedback and insights from customers to improve your business.

5. What are some effective ways to follow up with customers?

There are many ways to follow up with customers, such as sending a personalized email, making a phone call, or sending a handwritten note. You can also utilize social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram to connect with customers and provide updates on new products or promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
imported_pckrissy
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • GingerChef