• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Didn't I Deduct That? Tips for Maximizing Your Tax Return

In summary, the author forgot to deduct some items from their taxes and the advice given was to either amend their taxes or keep track of receipts in case they are audited.
purrbal
Gold Member
Have you ever found things that you should have deducted?

If you have what did you do?

I know you can file an amendment or something like that but it would only be worth it if it was a considerable value that you left off.

I just seem to be brain dead and such a procrastinator, I need to get organized and enter as I go. I was more curious if anyone else has had this issue (maybe not worth amending or maybe worth it)?

I am also making it a goal to be more organized this year for my tax deductions next year. I bought a new laptop last year for my shows. I can't find the receipt. I'll probably find the receipt shortly after I file my taxes.

I often forget either my phone or website....

Which reminds me!!!

I need to deduct my PWS! Thank goodness I did not submit it yet!

I would say to do an amendment, it should be worth more than $100....your time and energy is worth that much. :) If not, aww just save it for the next year! hee hee

How about I read your post about 2 hours ago and then about a 1/2 hour ago, I came across another $145 in receipts that should have been deducted. I have already filed!!
I thought it funny that I read yours and thought, man that stinks, then found more of mine!!

well i am glad i read this.. i would have totally overlooked my PWS! :) THANKS for helping..I'm in the final crunch...meeting tax lady tomorrow at 6pm.

Do they automatically deduct the PWS from your debit card? When do they do this and for how much. This is a deduction that I would have totally overlooked.

As far as being more organized. Every year when I do taxes, I get extremely frustrated but also redo headings in Excel or change my Quicken catagories. It doesn't make it painless, but it does help me get to it a bit faster....

Mine is already filed and I forgot my PWS also - I'm going home tonight and entering it in P3 so I don't forget again next year!

Well, sadly I forgot my PWS, and now am wondering about a few other things. Sadly DH and I make so much money that we are in the highest tax bracket and owe a nice amount every year. My PC biz helped some- but DH did something that cost us dearly at return time...we owe what most families get back...most families with 2 children that is.

Thankfully the tax guy we went to (DH normally uses a BOX!) this year gave us some great advice to help us not owe anything next year, so we put that plan into action ASAP!

I hope you are able to do an amendment of some sort- ours have already been filed so I'll do it next year!

My mission or goal per say
PamperedDor said:

I forgot my PWS; I had bought a thumb drive specifically for storing my documents, pics and PPP back-ups this way I have things with me no matter where I am; :eek: who knows what else I missed.

I have decided I am going to follow this {I hyperlinked to the document in the office thread I was reading} organizing the office tip and make it work for me. Like I want to utilize my PPPlus to it's fullest capabilities so I will implement that in some of it...who's with me? ;) :D :chef:

If I find anything I do nothing. I figure if I am ever audited I can show them extra receipts, ha!

Same here, I always find something somewhere along the way, if it was signifigant I'd prob do something about it, but usually it's a small stack of postage receipts, something like that. DH went to staples for me the other day and got a nice $80 shredder and then bought some color ink and now he can't find the darn receipt! I could kill! :grumpy: Hopefully he didn't toss it, that's a good amount of write off for me next year!!!!

Irs
jrstephens said:
If I find anything I do nothing. I figure if I am ever audited I can show them extra receipts, ha!

That is what I was thinking of doing, dh thinks if I do an amendment it will scream to them to audit us so no clue.

Related to Why Didn't I Deduct That? Tips for Maximizing Your Tax Return

What is the best way to file my taxes?

The best way to file your taxes depends on your personal situation. Some people prefer to file online using tax software, while others prefer to hire a professional tax preparer. You can also file by mail using paper forms.

When is the deadline to file my taxes?

The deadline to file your taxes is typically April 15th, but it may be extended in certain circumstances. For example, the deadline for filing taxes in 2021 was extended to May 17th due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

What documents do I need to have before filing my taxes?

You will need to have your W-2 forms from your employer, any 1099 forms from freelance work or investments, and any other relevant income and expense documents. You may also need receipts or records for deductions or credits you plan to claim.

What if I can't afford to pay my taxes?

If you are unable to pay your taxes in full by the deadline, you can request an installment plan from the IRS. This allows you to make monthly payments to pay off your tax debt. You may also be able to negotiate a lower amount with the IRS if you can prove financial hardship.

What happens if I don't file my taxes?

If you do not file your taxes by the deadline, you may face penalties and interest on any taxes owed. The IRS can also take legal action to collect unpaid taxes, such as placing a lien on your property or garnishing your wages. It is important to file your taxes, even if you can't pay the full amount, to avoid these consequences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
martyskitchen
  • chefsteph07