• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taxes Made Easy: Why Hiring a Pro is Worth Every Penny - Personal Experience

In summary, Meg has decided to lose weight, get in better shape, and increase her business this year. She has also decided to train for a 10K walk and has signed up to do the Camp Pendleton Mud Run in June.
SKwong
I paid someone to do me and my husband's last year and it was the best $100 I ever spent! It was so great to hand over all the papers and not have to figure out a thing. I also went to someone who was recommended to me as "really good" so I think they were a lot better at maximizing my deductions than cheaper generic services.

I DIY, but I use software. I have always done it myself. My accountant husband lets me too!

DH does our's with Turbo Tax.

I use a CPA. We always have a bunch of things brewing with our returns including a partnership return so we let an expert do it. He's well worth the money.

Gonna "Do It"I have to share what I have decided to do~along with the Weight Watchers, I have signed up to train for a 10K walk on April 5th! I had my first training today and walked the 1 mile and have homework for this week! I looked on line and the Millenium has an exercise room with treadmills, so there is no excuse to not get the homework in!
I am pretty excited about this. I have struggled my whole adult life with my weight and am just now figuring out, at 41 years old, that I have to take the time to be better to myself. I deserve it and I will do it! I know the weight loss will happen now, but my biggest goal is to be healthy~I want to live a long life so that I can see my children accomplish all that they dream! My MIL died 2 years ago at the age of 62-really hit home that we never know when our time is up and I better do all in my power to not hurry things along!
My neighbor is my trainer and another neighbor is doing it with me, so I have folks helping to keep me on task. I have called everyone to tell them I am doing this so that there is no backing out now!

As for my business, I am taking the same attitude-no one can change things but me-no more excuses...I am just sick of them!
I'll keep you all posted on the training progress, but if you would all just keep me in your prayers...the internal change is to be the most important one for me!

Thanks!

Love it Meg!

Good for you!! We'll all be here cheering you on!!

I intend to lose weight, get in better shape and increase my business this year too but I haven't formulated a detailed plan yet and have done nothing toward those goals at all.:eek: I NEED MOTIVATION! (yes I am yelling - so I hear)

I love the cheerleaders, Beth~thanks!

I like the structure that this training is going to provide. It is going to take time, but I have to just schedule it into my day, just like I am now scheduling office hours! Amazing that it has taken me this long to "get it" but there is no stopping me now!

You can do anything you set your mind, you know that! Yell at your mind a little more and get going!

DIY with taxactonline.com I have been using them for several years.

I used TurboTax last year with the help of my friends Cpa mom though b/c there were some parts I couldn't figure out. We may have someone do it for us this year. IDK yet.

Congratualtions Meg!! I turn 40 in March myself.... Age is just a number. I have signed up to do the Camp Pendleton Mud Run. It's a 10K obsticle course in June, so I have to start training soon too. I will start with walking because right now I can't walk uphill a block to where I work!

We have a cpa do ours, it just easier. She happens to be a friend.

I use a professional but it cost me $300. In the past I used TurboTax, but now things have gotten a bit more complicated.

I work for the professionals...... so I have to say Professionally done

Related to Taxes Made Easy: Why Hiring a Pro is Worth Every Penny - Personal Experience

1. What are the benefits of hiring a professional to do my taxes?

Hiring a professional tax preparer can save you time and stress, as they are trained to navigate the complexities of tax laws and ensure accuracy on your return. They may also be able to identify deductions and credits that you may have missed, potentially resulting in a larger refund or lower tax bill.

2. How much does it typically cost to hire a tax professional?

The cost of hiring a tax professional can vary depending on your location, the complexity of your tax situation, and the specific services you require. On average, the cost can range from $150 to $450 for a basic tax return, but this can increase if you have additional forms or schedules to file.

3. Can I still file my taxes on my own if I have a more complicated tax situation?

Yes, you can still file your taxes on your own, but it may be more challenging if you have a complicated tax situation. If you have multiple sources of income, own a business, or have significant investments, it may be beneficial to consult with a professional to ensure you are accurately reporting all income and deductions.

4. What are some common tax deductions and credits that I should be aware of?

Some common tax deductions and credits include the standard deduction, which reduces your taxable income, and the child tax credit, which can reduce your tax bill by up to $2,000 per qualifying child. Other deductions and credits may include those for charitable donations, education expenses, and retirement contributions.

5. Are there any risks associated with filing my own taxes?

The main risk of filing your own taxes is making mistakes that could result in penalties or an incorrect tax bill. Additionally, if you are audited by the IRS, you will be responsible for any errors on your return, even if you prepared it yourself. Hiring a professional can help reduce these risks and ensure your return is accurate and complete.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Happy Mom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
supergirljennie
  • pampered1224