• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who gets the host benefit for the booking mix-up?

In summary, there was confusion about who would receive the host benefit because the same person was booked for two shows - one for her sister and one for herself. The general consensus is that the booking benefit should go to the original host, unless she is not interested in the hostess special that month. In that case, it can be offered to the second host. This situation is not uncommon and some consultants even "book" people in the system if they show interest in hosting, but have not officially booked yet. It is always best to clarify with the host who will receive the benefit and to give it to the first host if there is any confusion. In the end, the goal is to make sure someone receives the benefit and it should not
TinasKitchen
During a show for my friend, her sister said she'd have a party in the summer. I put her down for a date (picked a random date) and submitted the party. This weekend I had a party at that same friend's neighbor's house (who also booked from this friend). At her party, the friend's sister actually set a date. I had forgotten that I had her "booked" for her sister's party and sent thru the neighbor's party w/ the booking.
(hope you understood that lol)

Now my question is.... this girl is booked 2x in the system. Who gets the host benefit? I'm confused!!!

Gosh, I don't know. I would like to know too. I've always been afraid that I would do something like that because it could be so easy.

In my opinion, I doubt it will matter. I mean, what if Amy Smith has a brother and he marries an Amy. Then there are two Amy Smiths, and what if they both go to a PC party and they both book?

Anyone know?

I would give the booking benefit to the original host. Ask the sister if she would consider having two shows - one for each host's benefit!

cmdtrgd said:
I would give the booking benefit to the original host. Ask the sister if she would consider having two shows - one for each host's benefit!

This is what I would do as well. Give the benefit to the sister and see if she would like to have another show as well. If not it's no big deal and it really shouldn't matter that she is in the system twice.

I re-read the post and I think I misunderstood the first time. Yes, I would also give credit to the first host unless she just isn't interested in the hostess special that month :eek: then I would offer it to the other one. Sometimes I have hosts that don't want the special, so if that happens you could offer it to the second one.

Let’s see if you can keep up with this one.:p

I have a cousin named Georgette who booked off of a host Margie – show was held November 6 - (who is another cousin) for January 21st. Then another cousin Jessica (Georgette’s niece) had a show on November 19 and Georgette booked again for May 20.

Margie, Jessica and Georgette got all the booking benefits.

By the way, November was by SS 3 month. A lot of my family member helps and I have a very large family.

Just to let you know, Georgette's show in January was $1,024 show. She took her free products and 2 half price items and put them into 2 separate baskets and then we took the free products from the show in May (which the show was $600) and put them in the baskets and raffled them off at the Relay for Life event that was held on June 2. With both baskets, we had about $300 in each baskets (which we spent about another $80 total) - items from both shows and other products that I added. I belong to a Family Relay for Life Team along with several other family members to honor/remember my mom who died of cancer in September 2003.

Did this help:;)

Ok but Georgette actually held both shows. This girl is not. Its my fault, not that she actually booked both, she said she was going to book so I put it down so her sister would get the booking benefit. I'll give the benefit to the host that she actually booked from. i dont believe her sister knows I put that booking down b/c she didnt actually book.
did that make sense? lol

If anyone ever shows interest in booking a show then I "book" them in PP. If they show up at a future show and book for sure then I give it to the second host. I do my best to get people to book off the first show, but some just don't. I would rather the first host get the booking benefit than no one if the person decides to have a show out of the blue, but if they decide at a future show, I give it to the second show's host. Does that make sense???

Complete sense.. thats what I plan on doing too. Thanks Gillian for confirming that i"m doing the right thing.

She actually booked at the 2nd show but I wanted to be covered if she just called me and said she was ready to book, then her sister would get the credit.

Excellent! :) thanks

Related to Who gets the host benefit for the booking mix-up?

What is "Booking for Same Person in 2X"?

"Booking for Same Person in 2X" is a feature offered by Pampered Chef where customers can book a party with the same hostess twice in the same month.

How does "Booking for Same Person in 2X" work?

To book a party with the same hostess twice in the same month, the hostess must first agree to the second party. Then, the customer can select the "Booking for Same Person in 2X" option when booking the party on our website. This will automatically schedule the second party for the same hostess in the same month.

Is there a limit to how many times I can book the same person for parties in a month?

Currently, our system only allows for two bookings with the same hostess in a month. This is to ensure that our hostesses have enough time to prepare and host each party effectively.

Can I use the "Booking for Same Person in 2X" feature for parties in different months?

No, this feature is only available for bookings in the same month. If you would like to book a party with the same hostess in a different month, you will need to go through the regular booking process.

Does the "Booking for Same Person in 2X" feature affect the hostess rewards?

No, the hostess rewards for each party booked through this feature will be calculated separately. This means that the hostess will receive rewards for both parties as if they were booked separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
K.Shaffer
  • goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies