• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Veggies Can Replace Carrots in Satay Pasta Salad?

In summary, to make the Satay Pasta Salad without carrots, simply omit the carrots from the recipe and substitute with another vegetable. The salad is gluten-free as it uses gluten-free pasta and the dressing does not contain any gluten. It can be made ahead of time, but it's best to add the dressing right before serving. Other protein options such as grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu can be used in the salad. The spiciness of the salad can also be adjusted by adding or reducing the amount of Sriracha sauce or red pepper flakes.
PamperedK
Silver Member
What other veggies would be good in this? I have a host who is really allergic to carrots. Could we get away with just red and orange peppers? maybe some broccoli?

Winnipegk said:
What other veggies would be good in this? I have a host who is really allergic to carrots. Could we get away with just red and orange peppers? maybe some broccoli?

You can add anything you want! They probably have the carrots in it because of the color scheme. Peppers would be fine or string beans or asparagus....HTH :D

You can use the bicolor peppers or just leave the carrots out .... I leave 'em out b/c I don't have the julienne peeler and they probably include it to use another tool ... there are so many tools used in this recipe I wouldn't worry ...

I'm lazy and I used the bagged shredded carrots. But I also never grate cheese either. I love that you can buy cheese already grated and measured!

oh sorry and I agree it would taste fine without carrots and you could use anything to replace them but I think it should be something crunchy and not soft. That seems to be what I get from the Bell Peppers and carrots.

raw (or blanched) broccoli would be good - broccoli is used in a lot of Thai food. (at least at the Thai place we frequent)

I think orange peppers would be great. I'm not a fan of broccoli, but Ann is right. Most people like broccoli, too.

Yeah I was thinking broccoli. Thanks everyone!!

Related to Which Veggies Can Replace Carrots in Satay Pasta Salad?

1. How do I make the Satay Pasta Salad without carrots?

To make the Satay Pasta Salad without carrots, simply omit the carrots from the recipe. You can also substitute them with another vegetable of your choice, such as bell peppers or edamame.

2. Is the Satay Pasta Salad gluten-free?

Yes, the Satay Pasta Salad is gluten-free. The recipe calls for gluten-free pasta and the dressing does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients.

3. Can I make the Satay Pasta Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Satay Pasta Salad ahead of time. However, it is best to add the dressing right before serving to prevent the pasta from becoming soggy.

4. Can I use a different type of protein in the Satay Pasta Salad?

Yes, you can use a different type of protein in the Satay Pasta Salad. Grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu are all great options to add to the salad.

5. Can I adjust the spiciness of the Satay Pasta Salad?

Yes, you can adjust the spiciness of the Satay Pasta Salad to your preference. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount of Sriracha sauce or omit it altogether. Alternatively, if you like a spicier salad, you can add more Sriracha or even some red pepper flakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • c00p
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
Replies