• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Scoop for Cookies in a Pringles Can?

It should be pretty easy to clean.I'd just ball up a paper towel on a kitchen brush and wipe out the can. It should be pretty easy to clean.
INGonzalez
Someone posted that one of our scoops make cookies the perfect size for storing in a decorated Pringles can? Can someone please verify what size scoop? Medium? I can not find the thread.

Thank you.

Measure diameter of can.

small scoop = 1" cookie
med scoop = 2" cookie
large scoop = 3" cookie

when I use the small scoop my cookies end up arround 2" cooked

Sounds like different cookie mixes turn out differently due to thickness of batter, nuts, etc. Clearly the only sensible thing is to try out a test batch using the different size scoops, and then eating the mistakes. Works for me. Mistakes can be fun!

Thank you. The opening of the tall can is about 3 1/4 so I guess I should use the MEDIUM scoop to allow for some spread. I'll try it tonight with some oatmeal cookies - want to do something for a Homemade for The Holidays display.

Please let me know how it goes, as I think this is a great idea, for when my husband finally gets overseas. Thanks

EpTxGuy said:
Sounds like different cookie mixes turn out differently due to thickness of batter, nuts, etc. Clearly the only sensible thing is to try out a test batch using the different size scoops, and then eating the mistakes. Works for me. Mistakes can be fun!

ROFL! I plan for mistakes too, so I can eat them.

EpTxGuy said:

HILARIOUS!......but VERY true! I agree - it is your ONLY option!

Dumb question: how do you clean the Pringles can so it doesn't stink? or be oily?

Bump, does anyone know?

I have never noticed the insides of the cans being particularly oily or smelly. Are you using the plain Pringles or the flavored ones?

ChefJWarren said:
Bump, does anyone know?

I had been told the Medium one, but it really does depend on how much your particular cookie recipe spreads during baking.

ChefJWarren said:
Dumb question: how do you clean the Pringles can so it doesn't stink? or be oily?

I've never tried this, but can't you just wash with dish soap and hot water, or will it make it too soggy, I guess it is cardboard, isn't it...... hmm, just check my Pringles can, and it has like a foil lining in it, you might be able to wipe it out with a clorax wipe or something like that...... or even a hand and face type wipe.

If you do that, make sure you use a wipe that's approved for food surfaces. Some of them are not, or require rinsing afterward.I'd just ball up a paper towel on a kitchen brush and wipe out the can.

Related to Which Scoop for Cookies in a Pringles Can?

What size scoop should I use for cookies in a Pringles can?

The ideal scoop size for cookies in a Pringles can is a 1.5 tablespoon scoop. This will help create evenly sized cookies that fit comfortably in the can.

Can I use a different type of scoop for cookies in a Pringles can?

Yes, you can use a different size scoop if you prefer. Just keep in mind that the 1.5 tablespoon scoop is the recommended size for the best results in a Pringles can.

How many cookies should I put in a Pringles can?

The number of cookies that can fit in a Pringles can will depend on the size of the cookies and the size of the can. As a general guideline, aim for about 12-15 cookies in a standard 5.2 oz Pringles can.

Should I grease the Pringles can before putting in the cookies?

It is not necessary to grease the Pringles can before putting in the cookies. The can is lined with parchment paper which helps prevent sticking and makes it easier to remove the cookies once they are baked.

Can I use any type of cookie dough in a Pringles can?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie dough in a Pringles can. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly based on the type of dough you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
keynibear
  • Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Staci