• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which is the Better Choice: Large Bowl or Appetizer Caddy for Serving?

In summary, the bowl is better if you are looking to use it more than the caddy, but the caddy set is great if you are just starting out.
pamperedape
dots large bowl, or appetizer caddy??

:chef:

Which do you want to use?

If you like to do salads etc. in the spring/summer, get the bowl.

Otherwise, you can use the caddy as plates for the guests.

My thought, though, is that the bowl is lighter and less of a pain to carry!

**Which one will YOU use the most? Then it's worth your investment!!

Well...here's my thoughts...I think the dots lg bowl doesn't look very impressive in teh catalog. As a matter of fact, in the catalog I think it looks like a piece of junk. Yet, in person, it's great!
The caddy set looks impressive both in the catalog and in real life...and it's a bear to haul to shows because it is heavy, breakable, and takes a bit of work to pack it up safely. So...personally, I would go for the dots bowl.

That's a tough one.....I would pick the bowl, because it would be great to show off salads that you could make as recipes.

Also, as nice as the caddy is, seems like it would be a big one to try and transport to shows.

Just my 2 cents...... :)

I would get the appetizer caddy. Before I had it, I had a show where I made the brie and the appetizer caddy would have been a perfect addition. We used paper plates instead. Not the impact I was looking for:)

LOL! Looks like we all had the same thougths at the same time......great minds think alike, I guess! ;)

I would get the bowl. In fact, I have a host who may not take her special, so I am going to ask if she would be ok with me using it. I love the look of that bowl! I already have the appetizer caddy and have taken it to a few shows. We ended up not using them as our plates which I'm kind of glad about because that means even more dishes for me! it is a super pain to lug around. I really liked the idea of getting it, but now that I have it I have found that the only time I will really use it is once a year when I host bunko!

In fact, I have a host who may not take her special, so I am going to ask if she would be ok with me using it.

I thought this sort of thing was called out in Policies & Procedures as a no-no?
"Consultants may not place personal orders on a Show order." (page 10)

I have the large dots bowl and use it way more than the appetizer plates & caddy. I served the Asian noodle thing from Season's Best in it last week.

I vote for the large dots bowl too. It's bigger and kind of a pain to take to shows, but I use it way more than the app plates and caddy (although I was bringing that too - probably not anymore though). I very frequently do the fresh salsa recipe that's in the catalog using the Salad Chopper and I use the large dots bowl (with the regular dots bowl placed inside it for the salsa) and put the chips in the large bowl around the smaller bowl. Not that I"ve sold a ton of the large dots bowl, but I know many hosts have gotten it as 1/2 price items.

kspry said:
I thought this sort of thing was called out in Policies & Procedures as a no-no?
"Consultants may not place personal orders on a Show order." (page 10)

I have the large dots bowl and use it way more than the appetizer plates & caddy. I served the Asian noodle thing from Season's Best in it last week.
It would be under the hosts name.

It would be under the hosts name.
Um, yes, but the consultant will be personally using it, right?
A rose by any other name....it seems like a consultant personal order, to me.

The host benefits are for the hosts. That's all I will say here (I get in trouble too much around here).

As far as the original question on this thread: I would get the bowl. It is amazing and I use it at least 3-4 times a week. I LOVE the appetizer plates and caddy and it lives on my counter. We do use it but the bowl is so much more practical. As far as at shows - I have lugged both at different times and people ohh and ahh at both but don't buy either - I have sold a few of each but not what I would expect. I agree that the catalog sells the appetizer plates and caddy (take one plate with you to shows to show the size) but the bowl has to be seen to be appreciated.

It's especially impressive with food in it!

I think the bowl would be much more useful. I wish I would have gotten that instead of the caddy.

APPITIZER PLATES AND CADDY! Everyone likes it and thinks its great!

I'm noticing about 50% like the "dots" or "tiles" line, and the other 50% think its goofy. I dont care for the dots really, its a little to froo froo for me, but the plates & caddy are very elegant and most everyone can visualize entertaining with them! :eek:p

I say plates and caddy. I do not think I have ever sold any dots. Most all of mine like the solid white or liked the striped.

Related to Which is the Better Choice: Large Bowl or Appetizer Caddy for Serving?

What products should I buy to showcase at a Pampered Chef party?

Our top recommended products for showcasing at a Pampered Chef party are the Deluxe Cooking Blender, the Deep Covered Baker, the Quick Cooker, the Rockcrok Everyday Pan, and the Deluxe Air Fryer. These products are versatile, easy to use, and loved by many of our customers.

Can I customize my product selection for showcasing at a Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! Our consultants are happy to work with you to create a personalized product selection that meets your specific needs and preferences. Just let us know what you're looking for and we'll make it happen.

Are there any special deals or discounts for showcasing products at a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, we offer exclusive discounts and promotions for party hosts who choose to showcase our products. These deals can vary, so be sure to speak with your consultant for more details.

Can I try out the products before I make a purchase?

Of course! Our consultants are equipped with demo products that you can try out at your party. This allows you to see the products in action and experience their quality and functionality before making a purchase.

What if I have a specific budget for showcasing products at my party?

No problem! Our consultants can work with you to create a customized product selection that fits within your budget. We have a wide range of products at various price points, so there is something for everyone. Just let us know your budget and we'll take care of the rest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mturock
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sarah Ann
Replies
Views
Frugalli