• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Bank Is Best for Pampered Chef, Need Advise

In summary, Washington Mutual is a great choice for those looking for a bank that does not require a minimum balance.
cewcooks
Ok, after my Bank Of America mishap I want to take my PC business elsewhere, what banks do you guys prefer, that don't make you keep a minimum balance!:)

I am loving the FREE business checking through Washington Mutual.

I have FREE checking with Washington Mutual. Not the business account, just a regular account.

I use Commerce Bank in PA. They have Commerce Banks in VA, too, right? I've used them the whole time I've been in business, never had a problem.

WAMU FREE for me too!

I use our local Credit Union. The minimums are $75 in savings and $10 in checking. I would use WAMU as well but they don't have a drive up ATM and the credit union does. I need it for the number of deposits that I have to make with PC. It's too much of a hassle to get out with my two DS's.

Credit Unions are the best!

i have bank of america and i haven't had a problem with the yet!! i got my account online and it was free everything!

I work for a bank...I would suggest you deposit with us, except we are not in your area!
That said - Bank of America would be an excellent choice - they are just about everywhere.

DH and I have been through quite a few local banks here. Most probably aren't in your area though. We're with M&T Bank now and LOVE it... only bank I ever had that mailed a thank you for opening an account. They have great online banking and their fees are way cheaper than anyone else ($18 overdraft fee vs our old bank that charged over $30!)... and we opened our accounts when they had a no monthly charge with direct deposit deal so with my PC account their monthly fee of $5.95 goes bye bye (even if it didn't it's one of the lowest monthly fees around here). Our other company we do have with Commerce and they're great too. Open 7 days a week and even on many bank holidays they're open! We're in a funky area though... so I'm half an hour (in either direction) to get to a branch - not very convenient. But their services are great and they offer next day availability for deposits.

I have been very happy with Wachovia

Thanks to all your advise!

oh, does Wachovia make you keep a minimum balance??

deleted due to seeing your other thread

Last edited:
cewcooks said:
oh, does Wachovia make you keep a minimum balance??

I honestly don't know...:confused:

We have been very happy with wachovia. No minimum savings and free checking where we live in Newport News, VA. We use it only for PC transactions and they have been great. We have direct deposit routed through our personal account at a local credit union.

I use Wachovia, too. The account I have is no min balance, free acct, free checks, free check card...It is their "At Work Checking" I'm not sure the qualifications, though, as they seemed proud to announce we were eligible for it? We actually have all four checking accounts there (we use a modified envelope system).

I use my local bank that I have my personal checking at. I like that they have free checking, no minimum balance and free popcorn on Fridays (and cookies the first Friday of the month! :D ). I've never had a problem with them, I like their online banking, helps to keep me up to date of when PC withdraws money. They have locations over most of the town I'm in and in a couple surrounding towns which make it easy to deposit money on the run. Plus they are very personable and the tellers are very nice. One year around Christmas, my grandma sent me a check. Apparently I dropped the money on the way out and the teller noticed it and realized that I was the only person she gave a $10 bill to (grandma has a lot of grandkids!) so she sent it to my house with a note.

By the way, I've heard nothing good about Wells Fargo if they have banks in your area. I've had a couple of friends that had money not be deposited for several days. Their last daily time for deposits is 4 p.m. which I think is very early!

Last edited:
Christ Follower said:
I am loving the FREE business checking through Washington Mutual.
This is me too! I love my bank there and I love the people! I have had many shows with the people from this bank! In fact a lady just ordered from me yesterday!
I have banked with them from the beginning but I got my free business banking about 3 years ago and I love it! They charge you less for checks that you deposit that get retuned, (you know, when a customer bounces a check to us!) When it was just regular checking the fee was more, and they offer free overdraft protection on this business account, which is nice... in case someone does bounce a check, the bank covers it and it won't affect you with the HO! Then you can just take the copy of the check they send you and go collect your money! LOL!:)

Credit Union!
At my credit union, you don't need to have any money in the business account for it to stay open, no fees and $500 overdraft coverage.

I use Digital Credit Union for all my baking (as does most of my family). There are no minimums to keep accounts open, there's free checking and they just rock all around!

Digital Federal Credit Union

MissChef said:
This is me too! I love my bank there and I love the people! I have had many shows with the people from this bank! In fact a lady just ordered from me yesterday!
I have banked with them from the beginning but I got my free business banking about 3 years ago and I love it! They charge you less for checks that you deposit that get retuned, (you know, when a customer bounces a check to us!) When it was just regular checking the fee was more, and they offer free overdraft protection on this business account, which is nice... in case someone does bounce a check, the bank covers it and it won't affect you with the HO! Then you can just take the copy of the check they send you and go collect your money! LOL!:)

Cathy, what do they charge when you get a bounced check (from the customer)? Lately this has become an issue and my bank charges a lot. You could totally lose all your profits from other people being irresponsible.

Try BB&T. I have had no problems.....

Do you have to be a member of an organization or anything to be a part of a credit union

cewcooks said:
Do you have to be a member of an organization or anything to be a part of a credit union
Depends on the credit union. Alot around here let you as long as you live within the county the bank is in. My dad was a member of a credit union through the university he worked at that only let university workers bank there.

Related to Which Bank Is Best for Pampered Chef, Need Advise

1. What bank does Pampered Chef recommend for its consultants?

Pampered Chef does not endorse or recommend any specific bank for its consultants. We encourage our consultants to research and compare different banks to find the one that best fits their individual needs and preferences.

2. Are there any banks that offer special perks or benefits for Pampered Chef consultants?

While we are not affiliated with any specific bank, some banks may offer special perks or benefits for small business owners, which may include Pampered Chef consultants. We suggest contacting different banks and inquiring about their offerings for small business owners.

3. Do I need to use a specific bank for my Pampered Chef business?

No, you are not required to use a specific bank for your Pampered Chef business. As an independent consultant, you have the flexibility to choose the bank that best fits your needs and preferences.

4. Can I use a personal bank account for my Pampered Chef business?

While it is not required, we recommend opening a separate bank account for your Pampered Chef business to keep your personal and business finances separate. This can make it easier for tax purposes and tracking your business expenses.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer any financial support or resources for its consultants?

Pampered Chef does not offer financial support or resources specifically for banking purposes. However, we provide our consultants with training and resources to help them manage their business finances effectively, such as budgeting and tracking expenses. We also offer a community forum where consultants can connect and share tips and advice on financial matters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • luvmypomeranian
Replies
Views
  • Intrepid_Chef