• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Get Clothes for Bridal Cake

In summary, some popular places to find clothes for bridal cakes include specialty cake supply stores, online retailers, craft stores, and kitchenware stores. While not necessary, specific clothes for bridal cakes can add a special touch to the presentation of the cake and provide a protective barrier. Regular clothes can also be used, as long as they are clean and designated for the cake. The best material for bridal cake clothes is food-safe fabric, such as cotton or linen. It is also possible to make your own clothes for a bridal cake, as long as food-safe materials are used and they are washed thoroughly before use.
Kristen
Hi, I'm planning to make the batter bowl doll cake for a display in a bridal fair this Sunday, but I can't find clothes (top of dress and veil) for her. Any idea where I can find these? I got the doll pick at Michael's, but didn't see any clothes. Thanks!

Is there a local cake shop in your area? I know there is one around here that sells chocolates for homemade candies, suckers and anything else and has tons of accessories for everything. Try thumbing through the phone book to see. Good Luck! :)

I usually ice the bodice on to the doll to make the dress. But I have seen someone else's version and she just cut a piece of fabric and tied it around the body of the doll to look like a strapless dress. As for the veil, you could probably make it if you cannot find one, it shouldn't be too hard.

I was in a dollar store the other day and they had bride dolls. Check if you can find one and just use the clothes and veil.

Tasha

Thanks Tasha and Kristi! We have a Party City very close (I don't know why I didn't think to check there) and a dollar store nearby too. I'll check them both out today. :D

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you're making the batter bowl doll cake for the bridal fair this Sunday. It's such a beautiful and unique display piece. As for the clothes for the doll, you can try checking out craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Joann's. They usually have a variety of doll clothing options. You can also try searching online for doll clothing suppliers. I hope this helps and good luck with your display!

What are some popular places to find bridal cake clothes?

Some popular places to find clothes for bridal cakes include specialty cake supply stores, online retailers, craft stores, and kitchenware stores.

Do I need special clothes for a bridal cake?

While not necessary, specific clothes for bridal cakes can add a special touch to the presentation of the cake. They can also provide a protective barrier between the cake and any serving tools.

Can I use regular clothes for a bridal cake?

Yes, you can use regular clothes for a bridal cake. However, make sure they are clean and designated specifically for the cake to avoid any cross-contamination.

What material is best for bridal cake clothes?

The best material for bridal cake clothes is food-safe fabric, such as cotton or linen. These materials are easy to clean and will not leave any residue on the cake.

Can I make my own clothes for a bridal cake?

Yes, you can make your own clothes for a bridal cake. Just make sure to use food-safe materials and wash them thoroughly before use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchefgirl1982
Replies
Views
tbsigma94
  • FHL
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jillbean