1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Where to get clothes for bridal cake

1. Kristen

Kristen Member

Hi, I'm planning to make the batter bowl doll cake for a display in a bridal fair this Sunday, but I can't find clothes (top of dress and veil) for her. Any idea where I can find these? I got the doll pick at Michael's, but didn't see any clothes. Thanks!

Aug 19, 2005
  2. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

Is there a local cake shop in your area? I know there is one around here that sells chocolates for homemade candies, suckers and anything else and has tons of accessories for everything. Try thumbing through the phone book to see. Good Luck! :)

Aug 19, 2005
  3. Tash

Tash Member

I usually ice the bodice on to the doll to make the dress. But I have seen someone else's version and she just cut a piece of fabric and tied it around the body of the doll to look like a strapless dress. As for the veil, you could probably make it if you cannot find one, it shouldn't be too hard.

I was in a dollar store the other day and they had bride dolls. Check if you can find one and just use the clothes and veil.

Tasha

Aug 19, 2005
  4. Kristen

Kristen Member

Thanks Tasha and Kristi! We have a Party City very close (I don't know why I didn't think to check there) and a dollar store nearby too. I'll check them both out today. :D

Aug 19, 2005
Have something to add?