• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Does the $2.00 Monthly Insurance Fee Go on Our Taxes?

In summary, the conversation discusses where a specific expense should be deducted on taxes. Some suggest categorizing it as insurance, while others mention a special category in tax software. It is clarified that the expense is both income and an expense, and should be reported as such.
chefdianne
Silver Member
Anyone know where this gets deducted on our taxes?:confused:

humm, never really thought about it. I would guess that since it is deducted before we get payed that it is not an expense or income. But that is just a guess

It is MOST DEFINITELY an expense! If we didn't pay it, it would be income for us.

I just gave it to my accountant flagged as insurance. Not really sure how she exactly handles it.

yes, but really you would have to claim the extra $24 in income to take the $24deduction.

The $24 is included as income on your 1099. So it is definitely income and an expense.

Thanks....and so it gets deducted under miscelleneous or do you invent a category all of its own for this?

I did our taxes with TaxCut and there was a special category that seemed to fit, but I can't remember what it was called...

Is that the H & R Block software? I am using TurboTax Premiere....I haven't had the 'pleasure' yet of entering all the PC info into our taxes yet because I had to play catch up with entering it all into PP first (eek!). Perhaps when I get into it at that part, I will find it there somewhere. If anyone knows the category in turbotax, please let me know.

Yes it is the H&R block software... mine were really easy! I helped my mom with her's and she had a ton of changes/info (inheritances, retirement plans, bought a house, sold a house, etc.) and there was a place for everything! It really dumbs it down for you which is exactly what I needed!

I entered it as insurance in Turbo Tax. They had many pre-set categories.

There should be an insurance line in the H&R Block software that it would fall under.

Related to Where Does the $2.00 Monthly Insurance Fee Go on Our Taxes?

What is the $2.00 monthly insurance fee?

The $2.00 monthly insurance fee is a small fee that is added to your monthly order as a precautionary measure to protect against any damages or losses during shipping.

Do I have to pay the $2.00 monthly insurance fee every month?

Yes, the $2.00 monthly insurance fee is a recurring fee that is automatically added to your monthly order. It helps ensure that your products are protected during transit and arrive safely.

What does the $2.00 monthly insurance fee cover?

The $2.00 monthly insurance fee covers any damages or losses that occur during shipping. This includes broken or missing items, as well as any issues with delivery or transit.

Is the $2.00 monthly insurance fee optional?

No, the $2.00 monthly insurance fee is not optional. It is a small fee that is automatically added to your monthly order to protect your products and ensure a smooth and secure delivery.

Can I opt out of the $2.00 monthly insurance fee?

No, the $2.00 monthly insurance fee is a mandatory fee that is automatically added to your monthly order. It helps to protect your products and ensure a hassle-free delivery experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • jrstephens
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • pattikake