• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When to Expect a Response: Calling Back for Bookings | Tips & Advice | TIA

In summary, if you have not heard back from someone after leaving a message, you should try calling them back later in the week and be specific with the time.
spoiledchef
Okay, so I called several "potential" hosts on Sunday evening, and I left messages with nearly all of them. So, when would you call back? I asked them to call me back, and I even assured some (since it'd been sooo long since they first mentioned a booking) that if they'd changed their minds, that was fine, too, just let me know. So, what would you do next? TIA

I would definitely follow up this week. Next time, you should leave on the message that you will try calling them again later in the week. (Of course got the idea from someone on here!!) ...It is your job, not theirs! Also, if they don't answer on a weekend one time, maybe try a weekday evening....some people have repeating schedules every week! Good luck :)

I would try back in a few days. I do not know about your schools but a lot of ours are on Spring Break and people have been out of town when I have been trying to make calls.

My Director always tells us to never leave the ball in their court. When you leave that message, give them a specific time you will call back. Now, if I've done this several times and I still can't reach them, then I might leave that final message saying I'm sorry I keep missing them and for them to please to feel free to call me if I can do anything for them in the future. Then bless and release. But, until that point, always tell them YOU will call back and be specific.

PamperedChefDebi said:
My Director always tells us to never leave the ball in their court. When you leave that message, give them a specific time you will call back. Now, if I've done this several times and I still can't reach them, then I might leave that final message saying I'm sorry I keep missing them and for them to please to feel free to call me if I can do anything for them in the future. Then bless and release. But, until that point, always tell them YOU will call back and be specific.

I agree. I always leave on the first couple of messages what I am calling for & that they are welcome to call me back & leave my number. But then I say that if I don't hear from them in a couple of days, I'll try them back. After three messages though, I tell them that they are welcome to call me back. I don't have time to keep calling the same person over & over!

My general rule is after three messages I leave the "I don't want to become a Pampered Pest, so I'll wait to hear back from you" message.

No one EVER calls me back when I leave a message, but I offer both too. I say that they can call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx or I will try again in a few days. I have a lot of free time so I call at different times during the days and usually reach a human that can at least tell me when a better time to call would be.

gilliandanielle said:
No one EVER calls me back when I leave a message, but I offer both too. I say that they can call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx or I will try again in a few days. I have a lot of free time so I call at different times during the days and usually reach a human that can at least tell me when a better time to call would be.

You have a lot of free time? Hmm, would you like to make some of my calls for me?:p

I will keep calling until I get a LIVE voice

Ginny

I keep these contacts on file. When new products come out I send them mini catalogs and call them a few days later. I have some guests that expressed interest and didn't end up having their show until 9 months later. I usually call them a few times then I give it a rest for a while. Every couple of months I will call them back. By then new products are coming out, seasonally or mid-season. I always call with a reason.

I definitely think you should let them know you will call back. I usually say if I don't hear from you I'll give you a call in a few days. Of course I normally have to call them back. Think about it when you get home from a long day and you listen to your messages, the last thing you want to do is call the PC lady to book a show (even if you want to have one!). You are probably trying to cook dinner, stop the kids from fighting and whatever else!

I take the DPDS that has their conact information on it, and flip it over and keep track of the dates ad times and how I tried to contact them.. and if I left a message indicate that on their as well....I go through my slips every couple of months calling past guest and host...etc....

These are all GREAT ideas. Thanks for the tips ladies!

Sorry, not sure what DPDS stands for

Kathy D

pamperedbykathy said:
Sorry, not sure what DPDS stands for

Kathy D
Door Prize Drawing Slip ;)

mommyhugz1978 said:
I take the DPDS that has their conact information on it, and flip it over and keep track of the dates ad times and how I tried to contact them.. and if I left a message indicate that on their as well....I go through my slips every couple of months calling past guest and host...etc....

I LOVE that idea, because I always lose that one piece of paper of my customers I contacted that day... Thanks :)

I use excel to keep track of my customers, their info, and calls. I find it fairly easy to update and it helps me keep track of those who would not like to receive calls at all.

When I worked full time, I used to tell people when they would hear from me again. Then when I would call back, I would remind them that I was contacting them per my previous message. I've has this problem this week. I left two voicemails for a potential host, so I told her I would contact her late next week. So she's going to hear from me eventually :p If only I could get people to commit! ^^

The first time I call back about a week later, then I do once a month and after a few months, I mention that if they've changed their mind about doing a show, to please let me know so I don't keep harassing them (I say this jokingly :) ) - I also let them know they can text me at this number too and that has helped recently.
I had a lady I called once a month for THREE years and she finally called me back in January, booked a February show and had a $1900 cooking show followed by a $500 catalog show! Just goes to show that persistence can pay off :)
While it feels weird to continuously call people, you also don't want to take away what a great thing hosting a show can be for them. They might just be really busy - you never know what's really going on.

Related to When to Expect a Response: Calling Back for Bookings | Tips & Advice | TIA

1. When can I expect a response after calling back for bookings?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to respond to all booking inquiries within 24-48 hours.

2. What is the best time to call back for booking inquiries?

The best time to call for booking inquiries is during our business hours, which are Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm EST.

3. How many times should I call back if I don't get a response?

We understand that sometimes things get busy and responses may be delayed. We suggest giving us a call back once more after 48 hours if you haven't received a response.

4. Can I leave a voicemail when calling back for bookings?

Yes, you can leave a voicemail when calling for booking inquiries. Please make sure to leave your name, phone number, and a brief message regarding your inquiry so that we can get back to you as soon as possible.

5. Is there a preferred method of contact for booking inquiries?

We recommend calling us directly at our booking line for the quickest response. However, you can also send us an email or message us on social media and we will do our best to respond within 24-48 hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefHLM
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefHLM
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • ChefBeckyD