• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Do You Start Decorating for the Holidays?

In summary, the author is a professional summarizer of content. She does not respond and reply to questions. She only provides a summary of the content.
DebPC
Staff member
Kudos to everyone who contributed to our 2000 posts!We are building a resource of wonderful information and helping each other as we go.
Special thanks to :party::
bethcooks4u,
cmdtrgd,
finley1991,
chefkugler, and
dannyzmom for filling this forum with over 700 quality posts between them.

This is an awesome site! I love it so more than Chef Success and I really love THAT site. I love that we directors have a place to share ideas and toss around team trianing/recognition ideas and even to whine once in a while (venting up not down).

Thank you Greg and Deb for doing this!

I love this site too!! I tend to pop on here much more often lately. I'm trying to use my time more wisely and this site is more up my alley for that. Not to say I don't go on CS and read through countless posts there too!!

thanks Deb and Greg for all of this!!!:)

I also love this site and THANK you to Deb and Greg for compiling a place for us Directors to share!!

THANK YOU!:D

I do our house but not the tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I do the tree the week after and the outside any day it isn't freezing. We just don't light everything until December 1st.

We usually so it the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I usually don't do any decorating until after Thanksgiving. I actually started getting out my decor tonight. I decided it's better to get some things out ahead of time rather than trying to decorate the tree and get all the other decorations out the day after Thanksgiving. It can be such a mess. I think I'll add a fea things every day. I wish I would have done the outside lights a couple weeks ago when it was a little warmer outside.

Black Friday! I HATE to go out that day so I stay home and we decorate.

The weekend after Thanksgiving. My kitchen is getting redone right now so it may be a bit later this year.

I'll start decorating AFTER Thanksgiving... slowly, enjoying things... first come out the lights and garland I put around our own doorway arch... cards will get hung up around the arch as they come in too... knick knacks follow.... and the wreath on the door.... lastly and usually around DH's b'day (the 15th) we go out for our annual 'bringing in the tree' ceremony... we go out, find our tree... DH readies it for entry into our house... we bring it in, thank, bless and name it (the kids have fun with that...) then trim it... we also talk with the kids about the importance of the evergreen to not only us today but how the view of anything living during the winter was seen as a special thing by our ancestors... anyway... the tree thing is a big event for us. LOL... I don't have a lot of decorations but it's nice to not just toss 'em all up... but to remember where they came from and/or from whom...

We already have two of those 6 foot blow-up things up. Started this weekend. We willl keep putting stuff up each day until we get it all up. We always try to have it all done to turn on Thanksgiving night, but I do not know if we will be successful this year.

I can't start decorating until after December 13th. I have my Grinch party on the 13th. I can't have any decorations for that. It sort of defeats the purpose.

We always start the day after Thanksgiving. We have the tree up & am not sure how much more will get done since outside is supposed to be storming the next couple days.

This year they went up Oct. 28 (Sunday) and finished on the 6th

friday said:
I can't start decorating until after December 13th. I have my Grinch party on the 13th. I can't have any decorations for that. It sort of defeats the purpose.

A Grinch party... pray tell, what does one do at a Grinch party cuz it sounds like fun (funny how something can sound like fun without one even knowing what it is. LOL).. :D

The 3 days after Thanksgiving.

Move furniture, clear regular decor, and clean; 1st day.

Holiday decor boxes brought from storage, set up most decor; 2nd day.

Tree up (fake as of last year) and decorated, store boex; 3rd day.

The weekend after T-day so we got everything out and up and our tree today!

Everything went up yesterday. We got a fake pre-lit tree 3 years ago and although I love the smell of the real ones this is so EASY to put up and take down. No needles to clean up either. I will get a balsam fir Yankee Candle or something like that.

I started today... got a little outside thingy that I stuck in the ground. I've officially started decorating. LOL... the rest of the process will be along, slow, arduous task and play out over the next couple weeks until we get the tree... that's the last thing to be done... decorating wise that is.

1. When is the best time to start decorating for the holidays?

The best time to start decorating for the holidays is typically after Thanksgiving. This allows you to fully enjoy the holiday without rushing into the decorations.

2. Is it too early to start decorating for the holidays before Thanksgiving?

It is a personal preference, but many people choose to wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating. This allows for a clear separation between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

3. How long should I keep my holiday decorations up?

Again, this is a personal preference, but many people choose to keep their holiday decorations up until after the New Year. Some may even keep them up until the end of January.

4. Can I mix and match different holiday decorations?

Yes, you can mix and match different holiday decorations! It's a great way to add a unique touch to your holiday decor. Just make sure the colors and styles complement each other.

5. When should I take down my holiday decorations?

It is recommended to take down your holiday decorations within a week or two after the New Year. This allows for a smooth transition back to normal decorations and avoids cluttering your space for too long.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • heat123