• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Did Pampered Chef Start Giving Hosts $15...

I just don't have time!In summary, the conversation involved a discussion on the free product value provided for hosting a show and how it relates to the cost of food for the recipes demonstrated. The points system used to provide 750 more points for a kitchen show compared to a catalog show, which translated to a $15 difference. However, when the system changed to dollars, that difference remained the same. Some hosts find that the cost of ingredients for certain recipes can exceed $15, while others buy in bulk to save money. The switch to dollars occurred in 2003, and some hosts choose to have the hostess provide basic ingredients while they buy additional items, or choose simpler recipes. It was also mentioned that the cost of food can
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
....in product value to offset the food? I haven't hosted a show in about 5 or 6 years, but it seems to me that when I hosted a show that it was just the host's responsibility to provide the food with nothing to compensate for it. Am I wrong?

Before the free product value we had points. I believe, the points difference between having a kitchen show and a catalog show was roughly equal to the $15. I'm sure if I'm wrong...someone here will correct me! :)

I think they need to revlatuate how much they give in free product value to compensate for food...... I don't' know about you... but buying food for $15.00 for a recipe just doesn't' happen... LOL But then again I just purchase the food for host!! and I get to write it off...

GeorgiaPeach said:
Before the free product value we had points. I believe, the points difference between having a kitchen show and a catalog show was roughly equal to the $15. I'm sure if I'm wrong...someone here will correct me! :)
Lisa~

I think you are right!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I think they need to revlatuate how much they give in free product value to compensate for food...... I don't' know about you... but buying food for $15.00 for a recipe just doesn't' happen... LOL But then again I just purchase the food for host!! and I get to write it off...

What recipe are you doing that you can't do for less than $15?

GeorgiaPeach said:
That's right. Under the points system, Kitchen Show hosts got 750 more points than catalog show hosts, which is about $15. When the system was changed from points to dollars, that difference was also translated into dollars.

ljeffries said:

That's what I was wondering.......I have been doing the the 30 minute chicken with garlic biscuit bites....and at the most expensive, it runs around $7-$8......usually much less though.
If a demo recipe was going to be expensive, than I probably would choose a different recipe.;)

I did the jerk chicken nachos saturday for $10.00.

Leah--I find that there's always ingredients that the host already has in stock and doesn't need to buy (such as onions, peppers, garlic, etc). But when you're buying to take the ingredients to the show, you end up buying "extra" of those types of items. And, if you're not buying in bulk, yes, your bill will probably be higher than $15 depending on the recipe. That's just a sign we need to simplify the process--however you prefer--get the hostess to get the basic ingredients and you buy the additional ones--or you choose really simple recipes. Others have other tips, too, I'm sure.

Oh, and back to your question...I think the change-over occurred in 2003. Anyone else remember?

I know that when I started in Sept 2003 the host got the 750 points for a cooking show. So I know that it at least happened before that.

Spring 2005 was the changeover from points to dollars.

jeez ann, is there any obscure (but helpful when you need it) PC info that you don't know?:)

legacypc46 said:
jeez ann, is there any obscure (but helpful when you need it) PC info that you don't know?:)

I just don't know how Ann does it! I swear, most days I can't remember what I had for breakfast.....I guess that is why I depend on you guys so much!

ljeffries said:

Last week I had three shows... they all wanted Jerk Chicken Nacho's I bought it in bulk but total it was $42.00 for three shows...

In August I was making the jerk chicken salad.. that cost me about $20.00 a pop... their too... I also live in an area where the price of everything is really high...:grumpy:

chefmeg said:
I swear, most days I can't remember what I had for breakfast.....I guess that is why I depend on you guys so much!

Sorry Meg, I don't know what you had for breakfast :(

GeorgiaPeach said:
Sorry Meg, I don't know what you had for breakfast :(

LOL - that made me laugh!:D

legacypc46 said:

I have wondered if Ann ASKS any questions...she knows all the answers!

Question...do most of you buy the food yourself, or have the host do it? And if YOU buy it do you take the $15 extra or give to her? One of the reasons I picked PC over the "food" biz's is so I would NOT have to be the one that spent all the time making food ahead for the party.

I figured if you told the hostess she got the $15 for buying the food (regardless of who makes it there) that it would be a good "tool".

Or do they just figure since they are having in their home they get the $15 extra instead of a catalog show?

HELP! i'm new..and want to figure out the best way to present all this, while making MY job as easy as possible BEFORE the show!

I let the host buy it. Don't make a big deal of it. If they question why they have to buy the food advise them that they get the $15 as reimbursement for food, stamps, etc. Usually there isn't a problem, unless you make it one.

I buy the food and ask for $15 reimbursement. I show them where they get the $ back in product. I make two recipes and one I bring already completed. I usually spend over $15 (barely). I make sure they know about the $ in advance. It saves them time and allows me to preprep. I offer to show them the receipt on the 3rd host call -- no has said they want to see it. If the host wants a 3rd recipe -- I say they need 12 definite yes's and the food cost will be be higher than $15 -- they usually make the 3rd recipe their self.

mzwizard said:
Question...do most of you buy the food yourself, or have the host do it? And if YOU buy it do you take the $15 extra or give to her? One of the reasons I picked PC over the "food" biz's is so I would NOT have to be the one that spent all the time making food ahead for the party.

I figured if you told the hostess she got the $15 for buying the food (regardless of who makes it there) that it would be a good "tool".

Or do they just figure since they are having in their home they get the $15 extra instead of a catalog show?

HELP! i'm new..and want to figure out the best way to present all this, while making MY job as easy as possible BEFORE the show!

I buy the food, let them enjoy the $15 and I write the ingredients off

legacypc46 said:

That's what I'm wondering...

I'm wanting to say at each of her posts " boy, she's good..."

How do you know everything? :confused:

I usually bring the ingredients that dont need refrigeration since those are mostly staples anyways. The host buys the refridgerated stuff and I bring the rest. I usually spend about $10 per show, if that. It's VERY seldom that I spend more than $15. I write off the items I buy.

It makes things simpler for me when I choose one recipe for the month. That way I can buy in bulk and save money. If the host wants a different recipe thatn my options for the month, She buys all the groceries I don't have, then I"m not spending any money on her show...

I have been buying the groceries for my host and doing small prep work ahead if needed but most times i just bag my cold groc in the fridge and dry on counter then leave for show and prep there. I have host add in $ for groc to her check at end of night or when we close the show. This has been working really well for me as I say I take care of everything, I mail the invites when I get their list and I do their shopping plus it alleviates me having to worry about not having an important ingredient or something at the show I know I have what I need then I can also say Wasnt it easy all you had to do was invite then sit back and let me do the rest right (....) everyone laughs and then we go on also if someone is heming and haughing on booking you could offer to just buy the groceries and right it off as a service then they feel special...oooo aaaww lol anyway just thought I would chime in take care all have a good night

Tiffany Dyer
Oregon
Going to Walk as FD By Leadership!!! I am a P.I.G my Promotion Is Going to Happen that is what PIG stands for LOL We have to just Believe!!!

I do the same as Tiffany and I can tell you, it gets me bookings! It's the easiest show they will ever have. I talk it up when I cover the host benefits because when someone hosts with me, it is a benefit for them that I mail the invites and bring the groceries. Then I also add jokingly, "You won't even have to clean your bathroom if you don't want to...I'll make sure no one pees while they are at your show!" That always gets a laugh, but I'm sure to evaluate my crowd before I say that one. Sometimes I know it won't fly so I don't add that part!

Colleen, do you ask for the $15 as you close the show since you are buying or do you not even worry with it?

I am horrible about asking people to pay me back for something, so I cannot see doing this with a host and saying as we close their show.. "Ok now you just need to add $15 to your check total for my buying the ingredients.

Maybe it's just me. I'm sure I have some weird complex about it. I feel like anyone who wants to have a show already expects to have to grocery shop for it anyway. Plus it does make a lot less work for me not to have to buy the stuff.

PC provides the host credit. I don't buy ingredients except for micro cakes and things like that. I've never had a problem with it.

I have never had a problem with my hosts buying the food either. I would never be able to ask the host to write me a check for the money I spent for the food.

Related to When Did Pampered Chef Start Giving Hosts $15...

1. When did Pampered Chef start giving hosts $15?

Pampered Chef started giving hosts $15 in free products as a thank you for hosting a party in 2005.

2. How do I qualify for the $15 in free products as a host?

In order to qualify for the $15 in free products, you must host a party with at least $150 in sales and have one booking from your party.

3. Can I choose which products I receive for the $15 in free products?

Yes, as a host, you can choose which products you would like to receive for the $15 in free products. The products must be selected from the current catalog and may not exceed the $15 value.

4. Is the $15 in free products only for in-person parties?

No, the $15 in free products offer is also valid for virtual parties. As long as the party meets the sales and booking requirements, the host will receive the $15 in free products.

5. How often can I receive the $15 in free products as a host?

The $15 in free products offer is valid for each party that meets the sales and booking requirements. Hosts can receive this offer multiple times as long as they continue to host parties with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jana Hance
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • christinaspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Sally Vigil