• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wheat-Free Recipes for a March Show - Any Ideas?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the need to come up with wheat-free and nut-free recipes for a show scheduled in March. Some suggestions included a spa party and dishes such as salads, jerk chicken, and salmon cakes. Other ideas included using gluten-free ingredients like rice, quaker rice cakes, and spaghetti squash to create dishes. The group also discussed the challenges of cooking gluten-free and shared success stories, such as the delicious chicken tortilla soup from the healthy cookbook. Overall, the conversation concluded that although cooking gluten-free may take some extra effort, it is worth it to accommodate those with dietary restrictions.
pamperedinAlaska
Silver Member
Hello, I have a show scheduled in March that needs to be "wheat-free". They want me to come up with new/PC recipes. Any good ideas? I think it's no nuts too. She can do Rice based. I thought of doing a Spa party, but still need some good food ideas. I guess I could do salads, maybe the Jerk Chicken. Has anyone made the salmon cakes?:)

pamperedinAlaska said:
Hello, I have a show scheduled in March that needs to be "wheat-free". They want me to come up with new/PC recipes. Any good ideas? I think it's no nuts too. She can do Rice based. I thought of doing a Spa party, but still need some good food ideas. I guess I could do salads, maybe the Jerk Chicken. Has anyone made the salmon cakes?:)

Go to the files section on here & type in Gluten Free.....there is 1, but it has a couple of recipes....HTH....:D

Thanks Ginger, have you tried them? I was hoping for proven recipes since I haven't dabbled in gluten-free yet. Do the brownies taste like normal flour brownies?

pamperedinAlaska said:
Thanks Ginger, have you tried them? I was hoping for proven recipes since I haven't dabbled in gluten-free yet. Do the brownies taste like normal flour brownies?

They taste a little different & the consistentcy is different. I have a friend & her mom needs Gluten Free, she made a chocolate cake & it came out pretty good. Bottom line...if the person needs this type of food she will be happy you tried it & she knows its better than nothing. There is also a HUGE site, which of course I cant remember the name, but it has TONS of stuff. HTH:cool:

BTW...I made the Harvest Chicken Salad for her ( without the crutons) & she LOVED it! Also you could do something with Spaghetti Squash...cooks right up in the microwave ( show those stones) then maybe mix Stir Fry Veggies & put it all together maybe with some chicken....

Last edited:
If you can do nuts, the Easy Peanut Butter Presses from All The Best are gluten free. They're super easy!

Great ideas gals..I bumped this up so other's could see it. There really are alot of gluten-free recipes, it's just a little more "cooking out of the box".

I did a gluten free show for a friend who has celiac disease - I made the chicken tortilla soup from the healthy cookbook ( do you know which one I mean? Two weeks til baby, and my brain is so on vaca....)

It was FABULOUS and a big success, party wise.

Good luck!

You know, I was just thinking & I remember my friend can have the Quaker Rice Cakes, so I wonder if you can make rice krispie treats & you get to use the Cookware, I have to go check marshmallows...

Ginger428 said:
They taste a little different & the consistentcy is different. I have a friend & her mom needs Gluten Free, she made a chocolate cake & it came out pretty good. Bottom line...if the person needs this type of food she will be happy you tried it & she knows its better than nothing. There is also a HUGE site, which of course I cant remember the name, but it has TONS of stuff. HTH:cool:

BTW...I made the Harvest Chicken Salad for her ( without the crutons) & she LOVED it! Also you could do something with Spaghetti Squash...cooks right up in the microwave ( show those stones) then maybe mix Stir Fry Veggies & put it all together maybe with some chicken....

I was just going to suggest the Harvest Chicken Salad w/o the Croutons...it's FABULOUS!!!

1. What are some wheat-free appetizer options for a March show?

Some wheat-free appetizer options for a March show could include veggie and hummus platters, gluten-free crackers with cheese and fruit, or roasted chickpeas with herbs and spices.

2. Are there any wheat-free main dish recipes that are suitable for a March show?

Yes, there are several wheat-free main dish recipes that would be perfect for a March show. Some options include quinoa stuffed bell peppers, zucchini noodles with pesto and grilled chicken, or a gluten-free pasta dish with seasonal vegetables.

3. Can you suggest any wheat-free desserts for a March show?

Absolutely! There are many delicious wheat-free dessert options for a March show. Some ideas include flourless chocolate cake, berry crumble with gluten-free oats, or coconut macaroons.

4. Are there any wheat-free recipes that can be made in advance for a March show?

Yes, there are several make-ahead wheat-free recipes that would be perfect for a March show. Some options include quinoa salad, roasted vegetable and quinoa casserole, or gluten-free granola bars.

5. Can you recommend any wheat-free drinks for a March show?

There are several wheat-free drink options that would be great for a March show. Some ideas include homemade fruit-infused water, green smoothies, or mocktails made with fresh juices and herbs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • mhrivera