• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Most Popular Theme Show?

In summary, Anne is trying to put together some themed shows for a fair she is hosting. Her most popular show is her Cookie Exchange which can be done any time of year. Her most popular show for her booth this weekend is her Brunch Show. Lastly, she is using the Cooking with Sherri show as an example for her first Margarita Show.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I am trying to put together some shows in a bag for a fair I am doing and thought about doing some theme shows... What is your most popular or your favorite?

I do a lot of Mexican Fiesta and Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate

I am famous for my martini time and my cookie exchange shows...both can be done and held all year long. They are larger shows so i usually tell my hostesses that they need to plan for at least a 90 min show.

Other shows I have seen some success at is my workplace 30 min express shows.

Chocolate!

Ice Cream Social and Murder Mystery are my most popular.

My most popular show is the Amazing Race party! Everyone LOVES it!! The guests have so much fun.

So far Brunches and Desperate Housewives!

AJPratt said:
I am trying to put together some shows in a bag for a fair I am doing and thought about doing some theme shows... What is your most popular or your favorite?

What are you doing with these "shows in a bag" idea Anne? I am still trying to figure out what I am doing- FREE Party in a bag, Booking TREE, Spin the TTA for a prize or something? For my booth this weekend?

I'm just leaving a few on the table and when people ask, I'll explain what they are.

Brunch Shows (I often wish I had a whole month of Saturdays!) and Sip n Dip are by far my most popular!

Would you explain your cookie exchange please. Is that where everyone brings 3 dozen cookies, so you can give a dozen to each person and have a dozen to eat or something like that?

I kind of like that Kitchen Shrink one.....I'm using it in a January show but I'd love to hear if anyone was successful with it!

I love your name "Cooking with Sherri""" Made me laugh in a good way!

Theme shows are fun!!My top five and my top five favorite!!!

1. Death by Chocolate - Need I say more!

2. Cookie Exchange - Cookies, cookies, cookies

2. Stressed backwards is DESSERTS SHOW! - Come relax with delectable, mouth watering desserts that will keep you relaxed and happy!! At least for one kid free night!
3. Brunch Show! - Brunch recipes are yummy and they have the rest of the day to run errands or do other things!
4. Scary Kitchen Tool Show - bring a scary kitchen tool that needs to be replaced, winner usually gets FREE shipping for 10% off to replace the tool.
Debbie :D

Debbie: I LOVE that stressed backwards is desserts...how creative:) Gotta have chocolate when you're stressed!

My fave & top 2 are Mexican Fiesta & Chocolate Lovers!

You got it. Everyone brings at least a dozen each of 3 different cookies, that way everyone will have a dozen of each when they go home.

I keep hearing about the "Party in a Bag" ~ can someone tell me what that is and what is ...in the bag? I have a bazaar that I am doing soon and might like to do the PIB idea.

thanks

Susan

This is what my SD said to do: Get large party bags. Pick a few themes. In each bag there is a little gift with napkins, plates, and host packet, packed with tissue paper. I picked Margarita Madness (I put in a jar of salsa and red pepper towels), Death by Chocolate (gourmet chocolate candies) and Fuzzy Bunny Slippers (big fuzzy soft socks--liked 'em better than the slippers). For everything it cost me about $60 for ten. So, to spend $6 per show, is a great deal!

thechefofnorthbend said:
I am famous for my martini time and my cookie exchange shows...both can be done and held all year long. They are larger shows so i usually

I would love more info on how you do these. I have my first Margarita show comming up and am qurious how others do similar shows.

TIA!!!

My host chooses 3 from a billion martini/margarita recipes that I have. I have all the mix prepared and measuered out when I get there. I also make sure to have it early enough in the evening, have a hefty recipe already made to eat with it (you really dont want light foods, you want to soak those drinks up) and make sure the guests have "proper transportation to and from the show".

If you click on files in the menu bar and search on margarita you will find lots of recipes, ideas, and even postcard invitations

AJPratt said:
This is what my SD said to do: Get large party bags. Pick a few themes. In each bag there is a little gift with napkins, plates, and host packet, packed with tissue paper. I picked Margarita Madness (I put in a jar of salsa and red pepper towels), Death by Chocolate (gourmet chocolate candies) and Fuzzy Bunny Slippers (big fuzzy soft socks--liked 'em better than the slippers). For everything it cost me about $60 for ten. So, to spend $6 per show, is a great deal!

That's such a cute idea Anne! I wondered what you were planning with the theme thing! I may have to try that at my next vendor event! Since I was going to have a FREE party in a Bag raffle this is so much cuter and more enticing I think!

Ps. Anne do you give it to them then and there for booking or at their party?

I give it to them there because it has the host packet in it... and the items were only $2-$4.

I love the ideas...thank you Flora for bumping the thread, I needed that!

Ann
do they get to pick the theme or do they get what ever is in the bag?

They can pick the theme. The gift goes along with it.

thanks for sharing Anne! Great idea!

What is the amazing race show?? How does that work?? Sounds interesting??
Same with Murder Mystery!

do a file search and punch in the names of what you are looking for, you will find a bunch of info about them!

heat123 said:
thanks for sharing Anne! Great idea!
You're welcome!

Margaritaville/Jimmy Buffet has been by far my most popular. Second would be the Chocolate! Show and then Cooking with Kids.
Joanne

I just got back from a vendor event and suprisingly got 3 interested takers in my displaying a FREE Party IN a Bag sign! So much better than offering a raffle of a gift basket (where they just want the product) and check off "yes" to shows when they think they will get a better chance to win like the last time I did a vendor table. I will only display FREE parties from now on! And at my next 2 shopping boutiques I am going to try doing what Anne suggested and offer a theme bag and see if I get any more bookings!

heat123 said:
I just got back from a vendor event and suprisingly got 3 interested takers in my displaying a FREE Party IN a Bag sign! So much better than offering a raffle of a gift basket (where they just want the product) and check off "yes" to shows when they think they will get a better chance to win like the last time I did a vendor table. I will only display FREE parties from now on! And at my next 2 shopping boutiques I am going to try doing what Anne suggested and offer a theme bag and see if I get any more bookings!

That is great. Way to go. I've got my first vendor event at the end of the month and I think I might do theme bags.

To the people who gave out the bags... you didnt have a problem with people taking the bags and canceling the shows? Kristi

OOOOH, I love the stressed backwards show! I'll have to try to promote that! Love it! I'm trying to get into promoting theme shows...

DebbieSAChef said:
My top five and my top five favorite!!!

1. Death by Chocolate - Need I say more!

2. Cookie Exchange - Cookies, cookies, cookies

2. Stressed backwards is DESSERTS SHOW! - Come relax with delectable, mouth watering desserts that will keep you relaxed and happy!! At least for one kid free night!
3. Brunch Show! - Brunch recipes are yummy and they have the rest of the day to run errands or do other things!
4. Scary Kitchen Tool Show - bring a scary kitchen tool that needs to be replaced, winner usually gets FREE shipping for 10% off to replace the tool.
Debbie :D

Debbie, do you have any flyers for your shows that you would be willing to share? How do you present these options to your Hosts?

Thanks!

I used the party in a bag at my fair yesterday. At first I was a little nervous because I was not generating the same interest as last year when i used my "enter to win a free show" drawing. So I realized I was going to have to work a little harder and set the scene for them to book. Like someone said before anyone will try and win something for free.My results were 2 booked with the bags, 1 recruit lead and 13 other "SOLID" leads to follow up on. I say SOLID because they are truly interested; they didnt give me their info in the hopes of getting something for free.I know I probably would have done better but the rain called the day 2 hours early.Thank you all for the great idea of Party in a Bag!Kristi

I just booked a fun one...."So Easy an 11 year old can to do" show. I have a hostess who has an 11 year old daughter who wants to do the cooking at the show. The guests will be mostly stay at home moms who need quick, easy meal ideas

Love all these ideas!!! I'm going to work on the bags asap!!!!

PCJenni said:
I just booked a fun one...."So Easy an 11 year old can to do" show. I have a hostess who has an 11 year old daughter who wants to do the cooking at the show. The guests will be mostly stay at home moms who need quick, easy meal ideas

That is a great idea. Let us know how it goes and what recipe you use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJWarren
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • PamperedMandy2010