1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's up with Co-hosting?

1. KatieBeth

KatieBeth Gold Member

How does co-hosting work? Do the two hosts split the rewards? How do they decide who is hosting and who is co-hosting?

My husband is hosting a catalog show for me this month:sing:... his co-workers are more apt to order something if HE'S hosting:cool:. But I want to use some of my PC dollars that I've accrued from my first 30/90 days of selling. If I co-host, can I use them? I was hoping to get the Executive pots/pans at 1/2 off and then using the PC Dollars to pay off the rest. Is this allowed? Also, I have a mother/daughter couple who want to host/co-host. What do I need to tell them? Help, please!!!!

Mar 13, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Catalog shows can't be co-hosted. I don't believe you can use PC dollars to pay for shows. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Generally I like to use the person whose home we're using as the host. It makes things easier in my wee little head. The host and co-host split the rewards, but both get the percentage off and a Past Host Discount Card. Only one of them can use the booking benefit, though, at any shows booked. I always tell my host/co-host that they'll have to fight out who gets what. The free product can be divided however they like, down to the dollar.

Mar 13, 2009
  3. trps

trps Advanced Member Silver Member

PC Dollars can not be used with shows. You can order paperwork or send in a personal order with no commission

Mar 13, 2009
  4. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Katie - little tip: tell his co-workers he is the host, they'll never know the difference when you enter it into P3!!!! And above folks are correct on the PC Dollars.

Mar 13, 2009
  5. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Co-hosts are not allowed on catalog shows. On cooking shows and wedding showers if there are 2 hosts I let them decide - usually the host is the one whose home we are at but it's up to them (in my mind). The mother/daughter can co-host and they can split the free and half price however they want. Only one can get the 60% off item. They both get free shipping at the show if the orders go to the one address, the show discount and the 10% off for a year.

You certainly can tell your husband's co-workers that he is hosting and it is fine to put a show in his name but remember that because he lives in your house you do not get commission on anything he orders with the show discount and he does not get the booking benefit from any shows booked (all people who live in a consultant's home are under the same "rules" as the consultant when it comes to shows).

Consultants can not co-host. And as has been said, PC$ can not be used on a show.

Mar 13, 2009
Have something to add?