• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do if Someone Hung up on You?

happened to me a few times. I usually just give them the benefit of the doubt and try again later. If they don't call me back, then I assume they don't want to talk to me.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, I was at a restaurant the other day and the cashier chick saw my PC bag. She started gushing about how she loved PC and did I have a catalog. I only had current catalogs on me, so I gave her one. Then I asked for her phone "info" so I could get a new one to her. She gave me her name and number. I have called the number a few times and left one message. I hate leaving messages on new contacts because I don't want to put the ball in their court. Anyhoo, I just called her and she answered. I said "Hi Brittney, this is Kate from The Pampered Chef, we met at X a few days ago." She said, "who?" and I said it again. Then I got the call ended sound from my cell. I gave it a minute or two in case it was a mistake and she would try to call me back. Nothing. So, I called her back and it IMMEDIATELY went to the message. The few times before it rang first and then went to the message. I don't want to lose a lead because I felt slighted or don't want to feel like I'm stalking her. However, I'm not sure if something maybe went wrong with her phone...should I give it a couple days and call back?

Could be her battery died. That happened to me the other day (non business related). Guy I was talking to had his phone die mid conversation and didnt have his charger with him. When I tried to call him back, it went right to voice mail because the phone had turned off. Give it a day or two and then maybe try one more time. If you get hung up on again, consider it a loss.

I have had that happen to me before I would just wait a few days and then if it happens again I wouyld just bless and release

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. We don't know what is going on at the other end of the phone. I have had a couple people lately that seem to be blowing me off but there are so many other people out there that are looking for a PC consultant or a biz op that I jus say Who's next

Jennie4PC said:
I have had that happen to me before I would just wait a few days and then if it happens again I wouyld just bless and release

That's what I would do.

When I bought my winter coat at Sears, the cashier was totally into it, gave me her number, etc.

I called a few times, left messages, etc. Then one time a woman answered the phone and after I told her who I was, she hung up. WTF??? That was the last time I called her! I will not put up with that treatment. So blessed and released that one.

Sorry to hijack, but I just don't understand some people....

I agree with giving people the benefit of the doubt. I had a catalog show host this month that had fallen off the face of the earth. I called and left messages until I felt like a stalker, and NEVER heard from her. I had totally written her off, and out of the blue she called tonight and still wants to submit a show. She was psyched to learn that she had until the end of March to still get the Feb. special...I know I lost out on double points but hey, I'll never turn down a show. Just goes to show, you never know what's going on on thier end.

I agree with giving it one more shot, but that's it. I don't understand why people have to hang up on you...at least have the guts to say, "Ya know, I changed my mind, but thanks for calling."

I had a host that was all pumped, I dropped off her host packet, and called her the next day to make sure she got it. Her mom said yeah and I am taking a cat. to work and the host had a couple people wanting to order. I called 4 x's and left messages to return my call to confirm the date and time recipe ect. On the 4th time her mom called her to the phone and I waited and waited and all of a sudden SLAM down went the phone. Why couldn't she just get on the phone and say I don't want to have a party. Some peoples children. And Yes I agree bless and release!

This has happened many times, in fact- I seems that those people I meet out and about, and want me to contact them, have a show, etc- when it comes down to planning their show, etc- They flake on me, either hanging up, or having kids answer the phone, etc- I wish they would just say, "I am no longer interested" so I can stop wasting my time

I soooo hear you guys! Why can't people just be honest? Are they that affraid of conflict?
I met a gal 3 weeks ago at an event, she was interested in the stonewear special. She told me she came to the event mostly to see me. So I get ahold of her a week later schedule her show for 2weeks out (was supposed to be for tonight but was going to do as a feb show) Next day after talking to her I drive 20mins to drop off her host pkt. Yes she will email guest list by Sat nite. Sat nite no GL. I email her a reminder (I need GL by Mon). Nothing Mon... I email her again and ask "is everything OK? If she is overwhelmed and it's not the right time just let me know" Nothing... A few days later I call and leave a msg by phone (incase email is bouncing or something...) I say again "is everything OK? If she is overwhelmed and it's not the right time just let me know. You can just drop me an email". NOTHING.... WTH? I just do not get people!!! Ever hear of common courtesy!!!!

As for your situation cmdtrgd... I say give it one more shot then let it go...

I'd give the woman one more call, cmdtrgd. If it was a phone issue, she'll behave with common courtesy. If something similar happens again, bless and release.

I will give it one more time and then just throw the info out...I don't want to be a pest.I wonder if people are shy to say "I changed my mind" because of other pushy direct sales people? I know I have been talked into having a show for another direct sales company before. I TOLD her no one comes to my parties....and then she was mad when no one came! I grew a spine soon after that....and then a few years later I became a PC consultant!

You could always go back to the restaurant to give her the new catalog.

On average it takes people up to 7 times of seeing something before a decision is made. Now, I will not call a person 7 times before I get the answer I know I am going to get from them, but I do allow enough time for them to take in all the information. Give them a week from getting the info from you (7 days to look it over), Call them and after 3 times (it takes doing something 3 times to become a habit) if you are given the same general attitude, answer, song and dance, thank them for their time and let them know that we will ALWAYS be here if they choose to use our services. Leave the ball in their court. Once an "open ended" invitation has been placed with them, more often then not, will they contact us in the long run. This is what I have found to be effective. HTH :)

I agree w/ the other girls, just an accident.
Good Luck though!

honesty best policyI agree, why can't they just be honest? Well some people just live their lives not being honest and trying to run away from conflict.
I always tell hosts that are not sure about a show the importance of their decision for me and my family.
I am blunt and tell them that if they do not want to have a show, that's ok, and there are no hard feelings but I need to know in plenty of time to prepare and to block that date off so that no one else can book that date.
And if they cancel, I will lose out on a day to book another host, lose my commission and lose time with all the work that was put into the show.
I tell them that sometimes people don't take my home business very seriously but it is very serious to me and my family.
I also tell them that the benefits are wonderful and no other home party business has such great host benefits to offer them. The Pampered Chef products are great and to get them for FREE is the best way to get them in my opinion. Who wouldn't want that?
I call twice and mail some info out (flyer or postcard) and then leave the ball in their court. I have enough things in my life to stress about.
Debbie :D

1. What do I do if someone hangs up on me during a Pampered Chef call?

If someone hangs up on you during a Pampered Chef call, it's important to remain calm and professional. Take a deep breath and try calling them back. If they continue to hang up, you can leave a polite voicemail or send a follow-up email to let them know you're available to help with any questions they may have.

2. How should I handle a rude customer who hangs up on me?

If a customer hangs up on you and is being rude or disrespectful, it's important to remember to stay professional and not take it personally. Take a moment to compose yourself and try calling them back. If they continue to be rude, you can politely end the call and let your supervisor know about the situation.

3. What if the customer hangs up before I can finish my pitch?

If a customer hangs up before you can finish your pitch, don't worry. It's common for people to be busy or have other priorities. You can try calling them back or sending a follow-up email with more information about the product or service you were pitching.

4. How do I handle a customer who hangs up on me multiple times?

If a customer repeatedly hangs up on you, it's important to assess the situation. Are they genuinely busy or uninterested? If they seem genuinely busy, you can try calling back at a more convenient time. If they seem uninterested, it may be best to move on to other potential customers.

5. What can I do to prevent customers from hanging up on me?

To prevent customers from hanging up on you, it's important to have good communication skills and approach the call with a positive attitude. Be respectful and listen to the customer's needs and concerns. If you feel like they are losing interest or getting frustrated, try adapting your approach and addressing their concerns. Also, make sure to schedule calls at a convenient time for the customer to increase the chances of a successful call.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Maggievl
  • GingerChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • pcsharon1