• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do? (About "Troublesome" Host-Long)

In summary, the girl had a show scheduled with a friend, but she never showed up. The friend then scheduled the show for another day, but the girl never showed up again. The friend went to the girl's house and found that she was missing some ingredients and that the show was going to be successful.
Yakmama
I don't know if this belongs in this particular forum, but it was the closest match I could find to my "issue." This could be long...

There is a girl that had a friend who wanted to host a show (let's call this friend Sarah). I made an appointment with Sarah and told her to meet me at 3 pm at a cafe on a Thursday. I drove the 35 minutes and waited an hour, and she never showed up. I called our mutual friend and she gave me Sarah's cell phone number (I only had her home number). I called her cell and she was "almost there" and asked me to wait a little longer. I waited until 4:30 and she finally showed up.

So we scheduled the show for a Saturday, and I coached her and gave her her packet. She could not decide on what recipe she wanted me to make at her show, and told me she would tell me later. She called me the Monday before her show and asked if we could change it to Friday. I agreed, and she said she wanted to do the mini cheeseburgers.
On Tuesday morning, she called me and asked if we could change it to Thursday. I agreed, she then said that she no longer wanted to do mini cheeseburgers and she would get back to me.
Tuesday evening she called and asked if we could do the show on Friday. Ok...sure.... still no recipe chosen.
Wednesday- I got another call- could we change it back to Thursday. I was about ready to pull my hair out at this point- and agreed to do it Thursday but told her that we only had ONE day and she HAD to tell me what recipe she wanted to do. She finally decided on the Satay Pasta Salad and the mini apple tartlets. I gave her an ingredient list and I told her I would be at her house one hour early.
She lives over an hour away from me, so I drove to her house an hour early only to find that she was missing several ingredients (which I had a feeling she would, so I packed the most important ingredients from my own pantry just in case).
The show was pretty successful- we had 7 guests and $500 in sales. I cleaned up and left her house and told her that I would call her on Saturday morning to get her order (so she could decide on what free stuff she wanted). I didn't stay around b/c it was almost midnight and I live an hour away. I told her it was VERY important to have it ready by Saturday morning b/c I needed to submit the show before my 30 day mark (which is Monday).
I have been calling her ALLLLLL day and cannot get a hold of her. I've sent several emails and left several messages. I dont' know why she can't tell me what FREE stuff she wants (she earned $90 of free products and 2 half price products).
I NEED to submit the show by midnight, b/c for religious reasons I don't do any work on Sundays, and Monday will be too late to submit it before my 30 day mark (and I will lose the $200 PC I worked REALLY hard for).
So what would you do!?! What should I do!?! We share the same religion- so I know she understands that I HAVE to send it in tonight!

Have you considered leaving a message and an email to let her know that if she doesn't get with you by 10:00 p.m. you'll choose her free products for her and she'll forfeit the 1/2 price ones?

My director told me she would leave a message that if she does not get back to me within 1 hour , that she will be picking out her free items, so if she wants a choice, she will call you back. I have to give you credit, I think I would have given up on all the changing this lady did. You are much more patient that I am.

I left her a message with your suggestions-
I told her I would pick out her free stuff if she didn't get back to me...

:( I HATE doing that to people. I really hope she calls soon. I would feel just horrible if she didn't get back to me b/c she was in an accident or someone in her family was in the hospital or something.... Ugh... hate this....

Good Luck, I hope everything works out ok.

She sounds more like someone who expects the world to revolved around her. I know we will all feel bad if there is an emergency issue here! Have fun with her products! LOL!

wow... you did good to stink with the show! How can you change days that much! CRAZY!!

Your right it would be hard to choose for her but giving you the run around is not right either!
Would love to hear the outcome!

Wondering what the outcome was -- did you get it closed in time?

My director would have picked the free product for her and then in the end you could return it, I mean deadlines are deadlines and this person obviously has a problem with that. Hope it turned out well. BLESS AND RELEASE

**UPDATE ** What would you do? (About "troublesome" host-LONG)Well I just couldn't bring myself to submit her order. I picked out some stuff and had it ready to push "submit" on Saturday night, but I really wanted her to be able to pick her stuff. So I waited until Sunday (against my personal beliefs) and decided I would submit at 11pm if I didn't hear from her. Well she FINALLY called me at 10:30pm (not kidding) and said that she went on a spur of the moment trip out of town (thanks for not turning on your cell phone!).

So I read her what I had on her "tentative" order and she liked everything I ordered! So it would have been fine if I sent it in earlier anyways! URGH... at least she also got her 2 half price items (her total order was $90 in free products and $13 in half price products).

So thanks for all the tips and advice. In the future I will make sure the host knows crystal clear that I will be submitting an order at a certain time on a certain date and if I dont' hear from her- then too bad.

Just so you know, she probably would have complained about the free products if she hadn't had the chance to okay them.

perhaps in the future, and this is as much advice/notes for myself (a newbie) as a suggestion to you, have her fill out her wish list before you leave the party that night. BEFORE the party takes place would have been ideal as is suggested in our coaching material, but obviously this chick had serious RESPECT issues outside her little aura! Wow. Anyway, don't leave the house without her wish list- and then tell her that you will be submitting the show at XX day/time, so if she wants something different than on the list- to contact you by then. Otherwise, you'll go with the items on her list- in the order they are listed or however works out to use up the product. SO you at least know they are things she wants.I hope that never happens to me, because I'm not confrontational and would just end up waiting too long. But glad you got what you needed for your 30-day!! Good job!

So sorry you had to work on Sunday :( - but at least you were able to meet your goal! Every so often you get that difficult host and it is not fun! I'm dealing with one now that I've been trying to close for a week! Drives me crazy.

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a segment on the Pampered Chef website where our consultants share their tips and tricks for handling difficult situations with a challenging host.

2. How can I access "What Would You Do?"

You can access "What Would You Do?" by visiting the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Tips & Tools" tab. From there, you can select "What Would You Do?" and browse through our consultants' advice and strategies for dealing with troublesome hosts.

3. Can I submit my own situation for "What Would You Do?"

Yes, we encourage our consultants to share their experiences and challenges with troublesome hosts. You can submit your story through the "Contact Us" form on the Pampered Chef website and our team may feature it on "What Would You Do?"

4. Are there any resources or tools available to help me with a "Troublesome" Host-Long situation?

Yes, our "What Would You Do?" segment offers a variety of resources and tools to help you handle a difficult host. These include tips, scripts, and strategies from our experienced consultants, as well as helpful articles and videos.

5. Can "What Would You Do?" help me with other challenges I may face as a consultant?

Yes, in addition to dealing with troublesome hosts, our "What Would You Do?" segment also covers other common challenges that consultants may face, such as handling cancellations, managing inventory, and more. We aim to provide valuable resources and support for all aspects of your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Bren706