• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Dispose of Old Catalogs?

Sometimes people take them from my windshield, and sometimes people call me and ask for one. But I always give them a choice--if they don't want it, they can just leave it on the ground or take it back to the store.
buckeyefan08
I was wondering what the tried and true ways of getting rid of catalogs left over from last season are?
Do you carry any with you incase someone asks you for one and you don't think anything will come of it?

I have a stack on my car, and put them on my windshield when I go into stores, slapped a label on it says TAKE ONE.

I put them in my gym, coffee shops, dr's offices, breakrooms of my old jobs, car washes, etc.

I do hope people will call me...or email...its all about getting your name out there.

ideasYou could hand the old ones out to people if you have entered into a TradeShow in the near future

Or you could hand them out around your neighbourhood with a 'Neighborhood Consultant' letter.........

I usually have a pile of old catalogs that I use at fairs. What I've found, at least at the fairs I've been to, is that many people feel shortchanged if you don't give them a full catalog. They may have no intention of ever placing an order, but they're so accustomed to receiving unsolicited catalogs in the mail that "of course she'll give me one if I actually ASK for it!" I'm not going to waste a new catalog for those people. So I give them an old one with the "old catalog" poem on the cover. They're happy because they got to walk away with something, and I'm happy because I got some use from my old catalog instead of just throwing it in the trash (and then having to give the person a new book).

Ann, do you print the poem on a label? If so which one? I was thinking of putting it on the back of some of my cards but then it wouldn't be as noticeable. Also, do you only go back one season of do you use any old catalog?

Does anyone take them from your windshield? That's a great idea!

vwpamperedchef said:
I have a stack on my car, and put them on my windshield when I go into stores, slapped a label on it says TAKE ONE.

I put them in my gym, coffee shops, dr's offices, breakrooms of my old jobs, car washes, etc.

I do hope people will call me...or email...its all about getting your name out there.

buckeyefan08 said:
Ann, do you print the poem on a label? If so which one? I was thinking of putting it on the back of some of my cards but then it wouldn't be as noticeable. Also, do you only go back one season of do you use any old catalog?
I do print the poem on a label. If I have them in the house, I use the 6 to a page shipping labels (can't recall the number), because then there's lots of room under the poem for my info. If I don't have those, I use the 10 to a page address labels (again, no number, sorry).

When I work a fair, I use my oldest catalogs first, since they're already the most out of date and then they aren't even worse at the next fair. I had a LOT left from a couple of years back, and I think there were a couple of events last year when I was handing out 18-month old catalogs. But even with the changeover that we have in the line, most of the core items are the same and people can still get a really good idea of the products we offer.

1. How do I dispose of old cattys?

The best way to dispose of old cattys is to recycle them. Check with your local recycling center to see if they accept plastic items like cattys for recycling. You can also repurpose them for holding small items in your kitchen or for crafts.

2. Can I donate my old cattys?

Yes, you can donate your old cattys to local thrift stores or organizations that accept kitchen items. Just make sure to thoroughly clean them before donating.

3. Are there any creative ways to use old cattys?

Absolutely! You can use old cattys as planters for small herbs or succulents, or even as a holder for your phone or tablet while cooking. You can also use them as molds for homemade soap or candles.

4. Is it safe to use old cattys for food storage?

It is not recommended to use old cattys for food storage as they may have scratches or wear and tear that can harbor bacteria. It's best to use them for non-food purposes or recycle them.

5. Can I return my old cattys to Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, we do not accept returns of old cattys. However, we encourage you to recycle or repurpose them for other uses. Thank you for understanding!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Maragib
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
JessBarszcz