• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Price These Discontinued Pampered Chef Items At?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a spring cleaning show where the seller plans to auction off discontinued items at a discounted price. The seller is looking for references of the original prices of each item before they were discontinued. The suggested minimum bid is 25% of the original cost. There are also plans to promote sales and bookings during the show. The conversation also includes a request for the price of a vario-slicer, which is no longer available.
Brandie
I read a post here somewhere about doing a spring cleaning show where you sell off all your older, discontinued items at a discount. I'm doing that next month, and I have a decent list of items to sell (I'll be doing a silent auction, I think), but I need some help with the pricing. Some of the items have been discontinued long enough that I no longer have catalogs with them included. I just need a reference of each item's last price before it was discontinued. I have included the items I have prices for just to be certain I've got the right ones! Thanks!

Stoneware Baking Bowl (the one that fits with the DDB)
Unglazed Square Baker
Vario-Slicer (the one before the Ultimate Slice & Grate)
Flan Pans (set of two)
Ice Shaver w/ tubs

Old Small Bowl Caddy $8.50
Ult. Slice & Grate $45.00
Kitchen Shears $15.00
Double Boiler $28.50
Gen II Cookware Set $195.00
Gen II Square Griddle $38.00
Gen II 8" Saute Pan $20.75
Adjustable Meas. Spoons (the way old ones) $6.50
Pastry Blender $5.00
Pastry Brush $9.75
Cutting Board $14.50
Cook's Corer $4.00
Micro-Fiber Towels (1 cranberry, 1 pink) $8.50 each

I am thinking that I will put a price of about 25% of the original cost as the minimum bid, and then people can bid whatever they like. Everything is used but in good condition. I'm going to do a little demo and offer catalogs for orders and encourage HWC sales and bookings, of course, but I think the silent auction will be a lot of fun as well! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I think that is a great idea. I have no suggestions though. Good luck with it.

These are OLD prices. I'm not sure if any went up before they were discontinued. I just grabbed the oldest catalogs I have. Sorry, I don't have one with the vario-slicer.

Stoneware Baking Bowl $34.50
Square Baker $21
Flan Pans $7.50
Ice Shaver $20.50

THANK YOU, JANE! You are officially my hero for the day!

If anyone has that vario-slicer price, that would be great. If not, no big deal--that one went out a LONG time ago!

I love the idea of a spring cleaning show and selling off discontinued items at a discount! It's a great way to clear out your inventory and make room for new products. I have some suggestions for pricing the items you listed.For the Stoneware Baking Bowl, I would suggest a starting bid of $15-20. For the Unglazed Square Baker, a starting bid of $10-15 would be reasonable. The Vario-Slicer could start at $25-30, since it's an older version of the Ultimate Slice & Grate.For the Flan Pans, I would recommend starting the bidding at $10-15 for the set. The Ice Shaver with tubs could start at $15-20.As for the items you have prices for, the Old Small Bowl Caddy seems like a good starting bid of $5-8. For the Ultimate Slice & Grate, Kitchen Shears, Double Boiler, and Gen II Cookware Set, I would suggest starting bids of $20-30, $8-12, $15-20, and $100-150, respectively.For the Gen II Square Griddle, 8" Saute Pan, Adjustable Measuring Spoons, Pastry Blender, Pastry Brush, Cutting Board, Cook's Corer, and Micro-Fiber Towels, I think starting bids of $10-15, $8-10, $3-5, $2-4, $5-8, $8-10, $2-4, and $5-8, respectively, would be fair.Overall, I think your idea of starting the bidding at around 25% of the original cost is a good guide. It's also a good idea to offer catalogs for orders and encourage HWC sales and bookings during the show. I hope your silent auction is a success and helps you clear out your older inventory. Good luck!

1. How can I host a successful Spring Cleaning Show?

To host a successful Spring Cleaning Show, it is important to plan and promote the event in advance. Start by creating a guest list and sending out invitations. Offer incentives for guests to attend, such as discounts or free products. Prepare a variety of cleaning product demonstrations and make sure to have enough samples for guests to try. Encourage guests to bring a friend and offer a special deal for those who book a party during the event.

2. What types of cleaning products will be featured at the Spring Cleaning Show?

Our Spring Cleaning Show will feature a variety of high-quality cleaning products from Pampered Chef. This includes multi-purpose cleaners, dish soaps, sponges, and more. We also offer eco-friendly cleaning options for those who are looking for more sustainable products.

3. Can I earn free products by hosting a Spring Cleaning Show?

Yes, as a host of a Spring Cleaning Show, you can earn free products based on the sales from your event. The more products your guests purchase, the more free products you can earn. Additionally, as a host, you have the opportunity to purchase a special host-exclusive product at a discounted price.

4. How can I make the most out of my Spring Cleaning Show?

To make the most out of your Spring Cleaning Show, it is important to promote the event and encourage guests to attend. You can also offer special deals and discounts for those who book a party during the event. Make sure to have a variety of cleaning products on display and offer product demonstrations to show the effectiveness of our products. Lastly, have fun and engage with your guests to create a welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere.

5. What are some tips for maintaining a clean and organized home?

Aside from using quality cleaning products, there are a few tips for maintaining a clean and organized home. First, create a cleaning schedule and stick to it. This can help prevent clutter and build-up of dirt and grime. Also, regularly declutter and donate or discard items that are no longer needed. Utilize storage solutions, such as containers and shelves, to keep items organized. Lastly, involve the whole family in cleaning and organizing tasks to make it a team effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • DebbieJ
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • luvbeingachef