• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I include in a bridal show to cater to the bride and boost sales?

' and I say 'You are the one to throw yourself a Pampered Bride Shower!'" and they love that.My favorite part of the show is when I do the demonstration and the bride jumps in to help me. She loves it!
jennuone
I am looking for some examples on how to present a bridal show, focusing on the bride, but still building sales. Is it poor etiquitte to do the regular pitch? What should I omit? I feel awkward talking too much about the business opportunity and booking shows. Please give me some ideas on what some of you think is most appropriate for this type of show. Thanks!

BUMPING! :)

I would like to know also! I have my first Bridal show on the 21st.

Thanks-
Kelly V. :D

I had a "Pampered Bride" Shower when I got married last October (This is before I became a consultant!) And I really didn't like the way my consultant ran the show at all! She passed around an envelope asking everyone to put money in for the bride... I felt like this was very awkward... Giving should be an option, and she really put everyone on the spot. (My consultant was also an hour and a half late!) I think doing a brief commercial about the business opportunity is ok... and you could also make sure eveyone knows that whether they give $, buy product or decide to host a show, all of the benefits go directly to the bride, and it will help her build up the kitchen to get everything she wants!!!!!

I can't wait to do my first bridal show, because I had a bad experience I already know what NOT to do!!!!

Hope that helps some.

Brandi

I've done 3 in the last couple of months... I told my story just like at every show but briefly, I focused on the bride and had asked ahead of time what pieces they already had as well as printed out her wish list at each show. I also asked her to be vocal and speak up if something that I used in the demo that was NOT on her wish list was something she might like. At the first two, the brides were a bit younger and more timid about that but at this last one, she fed right into that in a great way and her guests were super at asking her about things on her list. When I used the cutting board with the measuring cups she chimed right in and said she would much rather have that one than the one on her list and someone immediately ordered it for her... Find out as much as you can ahead of time about your bride, focus on she and her husband to be and who is the cook of the couple... I loved having everyone say something about the bride to her and they also wrote a "life message" on her apron. I did tell them that the bride would benefit in two ways from their orders.. both from what they ordered for her & for themselves and if you do that in an upbeat way, it won't be awkward. Enjoy yourself and draw from that bad experience on what you need to avoid and you'll do great!

I've heard of consultants doing a couple different things. One way is to let everyone order off of a list of things the bride wants and of course order for themselves. The other way is for everyone to contribute money so the bride to be can buy what she wants plus people order for themselves. Both work well, but it must be communicated to the bride when the show is booked in the first place that the money is for Pampered Chef products at full price. I guess one consultant I know said the bride took a chunk of money to by linens! Another consultant in my cluster planned bridal shower games along with doing a demo. I'm not a game person, but if you really plan well with the person throwing the shower you can do it the way they want.

I have the bride wear her new apron - everyone has signed it as they come in - and help me with the demo. I focus totally on the bride during the demo - pointing out how the different tools are going to help her in the kitchen.....and I also do what Diane does - have her speak out on the tools she wants that she may not have registered for. I explain how the bride will benefit by them ordering not just for the bride but also for themselves.....and also explain bookings in that same way - When I talk about bookings, I say "You know, I have alot of people who have been married for years come to Bridal Showers and say 'Someone needs to throw me one of these - all of my stuff is old and worn out'. Did you know that by booking your own show, you ARE throwing yourself a shower, and will be able to replace those old worn out tools for FREE, Half-OFF, and at a GREAT discount?"

I have done several bridal showers and this is what I do:

I have a display of some of her gift choices as though it is a gift table. I have made a bouquet of her choices (tiered stainless bowls with wooden skewers with flowers cut from construction paper and the products pictures including price and #) and it is prominently displayed along with a list of what she wants that people can look at. I have a simple recipe ready to do or finish to show off a few of the tools and a few other things that may not be on her list but round out the choices in the catalog.

I start by congratulating the bride and thanking the host for choosing a PC shower. I tell a brief version of my story and then ask them to introduce themselves and tell the bride what they think she needs in her kitchen and why (I tell them it has to be PC). After that I explain that they are going to get to "pick" their gift to the couple and that they should consider getting themselves somethings and/or purchase other gifts because the couple will be getting the host benefits (and I quickly explain them) so the more the purchase the more their gift is valued at because of the show benefits and I remind them that bookings give her even more. I ask if there are questions about how this works.

I then mention some of the things on her list and other items that weren't mentioned when they did their intros - I do talk about round up at this time too.

Then we play a quick game and I do a door prize. I then usually finish off the recipe - quick garnishing or whatever. But last time I invited them to where I was going to be finishing off the recipe (the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies) and told them what I would be doing and invited them to watch or shop for the bride and visit with each other. Several watched and had comments/questions. They loved it.

After they ordered and ate I took the "flowers" (they had written who they were from on them) and put a bow in her wedding color on it and presented it to the bride. She then read what she got from whom. I used to recycle the flowers but decided to give them to the bride this time. She said she was going to use them for her rehearsal! How cool!!

...now if I can just get her to pick her benefits:eek: ! She wants to wait to see what people buy her at other showers. After I explained again how it works she says she will tell me Sunday.

ANYWAY, this is what I usually do and it always goes over well. I did get 3 bookings from the shower this time too! Oh, and I usually also do the PC apron for everyone to write on but they didn't want it this time. I did pass around a season's best for everyone to sign.

Last edited:
Beth, I like the idea of inviting those that want to see the finish of a recipe to do so.

I've only done one bridal shower and did very similar to Beth's. I don't like to do much of a demo and really keep it about the bride while giving some cooking tips and explaining some of the products.

I have another one coming up and the hostess really wants to have something there for the bride to take home. After discussing the benefits of purchasing the gift on the show so that the bride gets the credit, twice, I got her to accept an alternative.

I am going to have cards with the names of the products and their item numbers on the front. On the back will be a place for the guest to write the item they ordered. When they order an item they will then take the tag and attach it to a rose which is given to the bride. This way she goes home with a list of what was purchased and a beautiful bouquet. Rose's are very reasonable at Costco so it won't be too expensive for the host and they also double as decoration during the show.

I don't do the money thing for that exact reason, I've heard of too many brides taking the money. I have the bride register with me ahead of time--I give them the catalog and circle everything they want, regardless of price, then give the catalog back to me. I set up their registry online for them. I ask the hostess to provide me an attractive table with a tablecloth at the front door of where the shower will be. This is where I put the apron and sharpie markers in all different colors with a little sign that says "please sign Janie's apron". I then have all the products she has registered for on 3x5 cards. I have three teeny baskets I bought at a craft store for (no kiddng) 15 cents each on clearance, each of the baskets has a tule bow tied to it. One basked is marked "Under $20", one is marked "20-40" and the last is $40+". I put the cards in the correct baskets and invite them via a sign that says "these are some items that Janie would love for her kitchen. Please feel free to choose one so that she doesn't receive duplicate gifts".

I start the demo by welcoming the guests and having the bride put on and model her apron. I always bring my camera for pictures just in case on one else did. I congratulate the bride and have everyone go around the room and offer the bride and groom one peiec of advice. Some are funny, some are annoying, but it's a combination of sweet and funny.I then explain to the guests that we will be demo-ing many of the products that Janie would like for her kitchen, give her the opportunity to help me if she wishes, and then remind them that they can purchase for Janie's kitchen as well as their own, both ways will benefit the bride and groom. We do the demo, I invite them to shop, I recruit one of the family members to join me at the order table to keep a list of what products were purchased for Janie (I do a pretty little sheet on my computer with a flower at the top that says "thank you list"). When the orders come the guests hand me their orders. If they have a card in hand I take the card and order that item for them, and circle it on the order form. I explain to the host that all circled items will be sorted for the bride and groom, other items on the orders go to the person ordering. That way the host knows which items go to the guests and whicn go to the bride and groom.

When the show is sent in I update their registry and send them a thank you note remininding them that their registry is updated and also send them 30 more blank registry cards to hand out to friends and famiy before the wedding.

Hope this helps

Great suggestions here. I hope I get to do a bridal shower soon.

Thanks for all your ideas, Ladies. I have a shower with 30 RSVPs this Saturday =) Lucky bride! :) :)

1. What should I wear to a Pampered Bride Show?

There is no specific dress code for a Pampered Bride Show. However, we recommend wearing something comfortable and appropriate for a wedding-related event. Dressing up in business casual or cocktail attire is always a safe choice.

2. Can I bring children to a Pampered Bride Show?

We kindly ask that you make arrangements for childcare and not bring children to the show. Our events can be busy and crowded, and we want to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone in attendance.

3. Are men allowed to attend a Pampered Bride Show?

Absolutely! Our shows are open to everyone, regardless of gender. We welcome anyone who is interested in wedding planning, whether they are a bride, groom, family member, or friend.

4. Is there an entrance fee for a Pampered Bride Show?

No, our shows are free to attend. However, we do recommend registering in advance to secure your spot and receive any additional perks or discounts offered by the show hosts.

5. Can I purchase products at a Pampered Bride Show?

Yes, you can purchase products at the show. Our consultants will have a variety of items available for purchase, and some may even have exclusive show discounts or bundles. You can also place orders through our website or directly with the consultant after the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • pchefking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • dessertMama