• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Bring for My Show in Lower Manhattan with Suburban Mom Audience?

Rockland County, about 25 miles north of NYC.In summary, the speakers discuss a show that is going to take place in lower Manhattan, with the majority of their show hosts being suburban moms. The speaker asks for tips and shares that they will be making Three Cheese Garden Pizza. They express concern about parking and wanting to cater to the specific needs of the crowd. The other speakers suggest bringing only necessary products and using the catalog to sell the rest. They also discuss using the host's own products for the demo. The speaker shares that the show went well and they received two bookings and three recruit leads. They also mention concerns about sales, but others reassure them that it was a successful show for being in the city.
SusanBP0129
I have a show tomorrow in lower Manahttan.
Most of my show hosts are "suburban Moms" like me.
Any tips? I am making Three Cheese Garden Pizza.
I don't want to lug a lot of products because it is street parking, however, I wold like to cater to the speciafic needs of this crowd re: producst AND recruiting. KWIM?
Any suggestions are appreciated!

I would say bring only what you need. You can always go thru the catalog page by page and highlight specific items that way.

Keep it simple!!

I agree with Vanessa - Bring your key products and a few extras - the catalog will sell the rest -

I am interested to hear how it goes - I just got my first "city" booking last night - I will be in Queens (lol - I know its not Manhattan!!) in July - same thing when thru my mind - I hate stairs!!!

I agree, but would also ask the host if there is anything that s/he or their guests is excited to see. If it is something like cookware or stoneware, take a small piece.

Find out if the host has any products, and use her products for the demo if she has them....especially if she has favorite pieces of stoneware that could be used!

SusanBP0129 said:
I have a show tomorrow in lower Manahttan.
Most of my show hosts are "suburban Moms" like me.
Any tips? I am making Three Cheese Garden Pizza.
I don't want to lug a lot of products because it is street parking, however, I wold like to cater to the speciafic needs of this crowd re: producst AND recruiting. KWIM?
Any suggestions are appreciated!

AHA!! Good Luck! Since your party is on a Sunday, parking might not be too bad. I REALLY want to know how this goes. Don't woory about bringing things, because if anyone understands about tough parking etc...It will be your host & her guests;) Have a GREAT time & let me know...:cool:

Okay...it's over and it went fairly well. It was in a BEAUTIFUL area. (the same building where the Police Commissioner lives!)
She was expecting 20, 12 showed...and 4 of them were spouses/significant others.
So it ended up being 7 buying guests and sales are only at $480.
BUT...
2 bookings
3 recruit leads!
That's my story.
Thanks everyone! :D

WOW thats awesome, congrats to you!

Great outcome!

Good for you!!!!!

Good for you! Glad it went well.

SusanBP0129 said:
Okay...it's over and it went fairly well. It was in a BEAUTIFUL area. (the same building where the Police Commissioner lives!)
She was expecting 20, 12 showed...and 4 of them were spouses/significant others.
So it ended up being 7 buying guests and sales are only at $480.
BUT...
2 bookings
3 recruit leads!
That's my story.
Thanks everyone! :D

That is FABULOUS!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

WTG!!! Thats the best!

Thanks everyone! I was kinda bummed about the sales...but you are all making me see the positive! Thanks again :D

SusanBP0129 said:
Thanks everyone! I was kinda bummed about the sales...but you are all making me see the positive! Thanks again :D

LMAO!! They live in NYC....They pay sooooooooooooooo much rent, they can't afford to buy food, let alone things to make it with!;)

Sue -

where in suburbia are you - up from NYC or lower?? You did great for NYC - I hope to do the same at my show in July!!!

PamperedDor said:
Sue -

where in suburbia are you - up from NYC or lower?? You did great for NYC - I hope to do the same at my show in July!!!

Dor,
Shes up in Suffern

1. What time does the show start?

The show will start at 10:00 AM and will run until 4:00 PM. Doors will open at 9:00 AM for guests to arrive and find their seats.

2. Is there a dress code for the show?

No, there is no specific dress code for the show. However, we recommend wearing comfortable clothing and shoes as there will be a lot of standing and walking involved.

3. Will there be food samples at the show?

Yes, there will be food samples available for guests to try throughout the show. We will also have a variety of beverages for guests to enjoy.

4. Can I purchase products at the show?

Yes, you can purchase products at the show. We will have a designated area for product sales and our consultants will be available to assist you with any purchases.

5. Are children allowed at the show?

Children are welcome to attend the show, but please keep in mind that the show is geared towards adults and there will be a lot of products and cooking demonstrations that may not be of interest to children. We ask that all children be accompanied by an adult at all times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gagescorpages
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Gagescorpages
  • cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cttdbreeves
  • 1PamperedMommy