• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Spices for Grilled Fish: Expert Recommendations

In summary, when it comes to seasoning fish, popular rubs and herbs include lemon herb, Cajun, Mediterranean, blackened, and teriyaki. Most types of fish can benefit from these seasonings, with popular choices being salmon, tilapia, halibut, cod, and tuna. To apply rubs and herbs, pat the fish dry and sprinkle or rub the seasoning on both sides, and for a stronger flavor, let it marinate before cooking. Both fresh and dried herbs can be used, and to prevent sticking, make sure the surface is well-oiled and the fish is at room temperature before cooking. Avoid moving the fish too much while cooking to prevent it from sticking.
cochef
Gold Member
I have a host who want to order spices to put on grilled fish in the knew BBQ flexible basket. I don't do fish so I am turning to the experts here :D

cirtus and basil is my favorite, but i think the new garlic and herb would be good too =)

Spicy Tangerine!!!!

I second the tangerine rub.. Husband loved it. Chili lime is also good.

Another vote for the Spicy Tangerine Rub. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!:love::love::love:

Then, use a couple tablespoons of the Tangerine Ginger Sauce as a glaze at the end. Warm it for just a couple seconds in the microwave to make it more spreadable, and brush it on with the pastry brush...it will taste like something you'd order in a restaurant.

I really like chilli lime and jamaican jerk. They are good with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.

I love the chipotle rub and also the lemon pepper :)

We use the Citrus Basil or the Lemon pepper. Both work nicely.

Don't forget about Asian Seasoning! Also, Rosemary Herb would be terrific.

I like the dill for Salmon!

What Rubs/Herbs are Best for Fish?

When it comes to seasoning fish, there are a few different rubs and herbs that are popular choices:

• 1. Lemon herb: A classic combination of lemon, garlic, and herbs like thyme, parsley, and dill.
  • 2. Cajun: A spicy blend of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, and other herbs and spices.
  • 3. Mediterranean: A mix of oregano, basil, garlic, and lemon for a bright and flavorful seasoning.
  • 4. Blackened: A bold mix of spices like cumin, chili powder, and black pepper for a smoky flavor.
  • 5. Teriyaki: A sweet and savory blend of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar.

What Types of Fish Work Best with Rubs/Herbs?

Most types of fish can benefit from the addition of rubs and herbs. However, some popular choices include salmon, tilapia, halibut, cod, and tuna. It's best to choose a rub or herb blend that complements the natural flavor of the fish.

How Do I Apply Rubs/Herbs to Fish?

The best way to apply rubs and herbs to fish is to first pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Then, sprinkle or rub the seasoning onto both sides of the fish. For a stronger flavor, you can let the fish marinate in the seasoning for 15-20 minutes before cooking.

Can I Use Fresh or Dried Herbs for Fish?

Both fresh and dried herbs can be used for seasoning fish. Fresh herbs will provide a more vibrant and intense flavor, while dried herbs will be more concentrated. It's all a matter of personal preference and what you have available.

How Do I Prevent Fish from Sticking to the Grill or Pan when Using Rubs/Herbs?

To prevent fish from sticking to the grill or pan when using rubs and herbs, make sure the surface is well-oiled before adding the fish. You can also brush some oil onto the fish itself to create a barrier between the seasoning and the cooking surface. Additionally, make sure the fish is at room temperature before cooking, as cold fish is more likely to stick. Finally, avoid moving the fish too much while cooking to prevent it from breaking apart and sticking to the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hbachna
  • timbimac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies