• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Percentage Does the Org Get?

not sure where to find it.BrookeYes, the host must be the name of the Org for which you are raising money. For the HWC fundraiser, you would designate the host as the Home & Kitchen Club. The kit info will have more information about this. Thanks for your question!
Brookeskitchen
Hi everyone,

I haven't received my kit yet to try to find this information in the paperwork but was thinking of doing a fundraiser for the March of Dimes WalkAmerica. Can anyone tell me how much $ or the % of money the Org gets based on sales? Also, is this something that I could do ahead of time and then, if they allowed a booth at the walk, set up a booth for additional orders?

Thanks for your info,

Brooke

Your Organization Receives:

10% for fundraisers with less
than $600 in guest sales

15% for fundraisers with
$600 or more in guest sales

PLUS, for each show booking at you fundraiser, your organization receives an additional $3 donation

All donations will be made to your organization in the form of check,
and are in lieu of host benefits

I would talk the your contact about setting up a table somewhere at the event. Call your Director if you need table clothes, signs etc. Bring a few of the new products, a piece of stoneware like the small oval baker, have the basic fundraiser information available for all to see.

For now post your fundraiser on your website, if you have one. Contact past customers by mail, email or phone.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks
bbauman07 said:
Your Organization Receives:

10% for fundraisers with less
than $600 in guest sales

15% for fundraisers with
$600 or more in guest sales

PLUS, for each show booking at you fundraiser, your organization receives an additional $3 donation

All donations will be made to your organization in the form of check,
and are in lieu of host benefits

I would talk the your contact about setting up a table somewhere at the event. Call your Director if you need table clothes, signs etc. Bring a few of the new products, a piece of stoneware like the small oval baker, have the basic fundraiser information available for all to see.

For now post your fundraiser on your website, if you have one. Contact past customers by mail, email or phone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Brooke for the info. I'll contact my recruiter and see about setting up a table.

Brooke (the other one :) )

I have found that the percentages that PC offers are really low compared to other fundraisers. When I started trying to shop myself around to do one, someone way above me (I have no idea what her title is :eek: ) suggested offering more or a cut. So what I offer is the following percentages:
Total Sales Percentage Earned
$0-600 15%
$601-1250 20%
$1251 + 25%

I tell them PC will send a check for 10 or 15% and I will write them a check for the balance. I figure with the possible bookings you get and the fact that a lot of organizations communicate with each other, I will more than make up for it in the long run. The biggest plus is getting my name out since I'm really just starting. My first fundraiser cooking show is next Saturday and already 30 people have RSVP'd that they will be there. I sent out 60 postcard invitations and the host handed out 40 more. Several people asked for catalogs so they could take them to work to hand out, so I typed a letter and put it inside the catalog with some order forms and she handed those out.
The only thing I'm not positive on is this: Since this is my Super Starter month, do fundraisers count towards my sales goals? I saw on here that Wedding Registries do not, so now I'm scared that fundraisers don't either.
If anyone know the answer to that, i would greatly appreciate knowing it.
Thank you and good luck!
Kristy

Great QuestionI like the extra % you give for the fundraiser. I am also curious about it counting towards your SS month as I am in the same boat.

Brooke

Yes, fundraisers count for the SS sales goals.

Thank you Debbie for that info!!
Kristy

Host Benefits - during fundraiserSo, my next question is about the host benefits. If it is going to be a fundraiser, does the name of the host have to be the name of the Org for which you are raising money? What about the HWC fundraiser? - Let's say Mary is going to host a show for me on May 1st and she would like it to be a fundraiser show for the Susan G Komen foundation. Does she still get the host special for the month? And how would I designate the foundation as getting the raised money? I'm just a little confused. I'm sure this will be in my kit info - I'm just already starting to set some fundraising shows up and want as much info as I can.

Thanks,

Brooke

The name of the host and the name of the organization can be different. When you get your Pampered Partner software, you will see that you can put in different information for each. Like, my fundraiser's organization is Miami Baptist Church, but the host is Sandy Preston. Sandy is eligible for the host special, but not for host specials of parties bookes from the fundraiser. Each guest and anyone who orders from the catalog for the fundraiser is entitled to the guest special. Miami Baptist will receive a check made out to them from PC. PC will not send a check from a fundraiser to an individual. It must be to an organization.
Also, the host has the option to donate the host special to the organization. In my case, the church has a kitchen that is used pretty frequently since the members can reserve the church for civic functions. Sandy, however is keeping the bowls for herself, which I totally understand since I want them so badly, too! They make me want to host a party myself in March so I can get them!
Kristy

I think I get itOk. Thanks Kristy. So even if I choose to host a show of my own as a fundraiser - I, as the host, can still get the host benefits if I choose too, but designate the show as a fundraiser for XYZ charity and PC will still send XYZ charity a check.? Great. That not only makes total sense - it's great because people will more likely book a show knowing they still get their benefits.
Thanks again.
Brooke

The only host benefit you receive as the host of a fundraiser is the monthly host special.
Kristy

Well, at least that's something, since the flyer says "All donations will be made to your organization in the form of a check, and are in lieu of host benefits." I thought that meant ALL benefits. So it only applies to the free, and 1/2 price benefits??? Are the complete rules written down somewhere??

Judith

It's in our welcome packet. As popular as fundraisers seem to be, maybe they should give us more information or lay it out a little better. I'm one of those people who need lists, like:
Fundraisers:
Hosts receive the monthly host special for the month the fundraiser is submitted.
The organization receives 15% of the total sales.
The Consultant receives 15% commission.
The organization receives $3 for every booked show.
Hosts do not receive free, discounted, or half price items.
Hosts can not get host specials for shows booked from the fundraiser.
PC will send a check directly to the organization.
The organization receives 10% for sales of up to $600 and 15% for sales of over $600.

That's how I need it laid out.
Anyway, that was rambling. :eek:
Kristy

Well, that's great info, but where exactly did you get it? I found one page in our paperwork and it says nothing about consultants only getting 15%. But you're right, they need more detailed info on the fundraisers!

You have to read your Recipe for Success. E-12 Cooking Show Fund-raisers

Yeah, that's the page I read, but I don't remember it saying anything about the 15% for consultants. Guess I'll have to go back and see if I missed anything. But it's not as if they had an abundance of info on that page! LOL

The commission info is on page F-6 under "Income Opportunities"

As consultants, does our commission increase for fundraisers, or is it just a flat 15%. I'm in the middle of a fundraiser & they've already raised over $1,200 just among their group, & now ea. member is taking catalogs to friends, co-workers, etc.
I'm also donating part of my commission, but at 15%, it makes it difficult for me to increase my donation--even if their sales increase.
I like the idea of giving back, so how does PC encourage this?

As consultants, my understanding from reading our policies, we only receive a flat 15%, no matter how much is raised. I'm just starting a fundraiser, & they've already raised $1250 just among themselves. Now they're taking catalogs to friends, co-workers, etc., so there's a potential for raising even more.
I like giving back to the community (& will still increase the % I give depending on what they raise), but would like to see PC support this as well.
Maybe I just don't understand the business end from their perspective. Is it less beneficial for PC for us to do fundraisers as opposed to cooking shows?

I would think it would be more beneficial because PC is writing a check to the organization, which is a tax write off.
My husband is a teacher and coach and wanted to do PC for the fundraiser for the baseball team, but when the parents found out PC only offered 15%, they refused to participate. That's part of the reason I offer more. 15% is pretty bad.
And we do receive a flat 15%. I think we should get our regular commission since we're doing more work than just a regular kitchen show. We're printing tons of order forms for people to take with them and we have to buy a lot more catalogs to send home with people. I don't like that I've offered 25% if they have sales of more than $1200, which means I only make $60. But I have to increase what we offer them so they will DO the fundraiser. I'm pushing them to set a goal of $2000 so we'll both make money, the church and me. If it's less than that, it's almost not even worth it.

Note: when you reach $15,000 in commissionable sales, not only do you get a 2% increase on your regular sales, but your fundraiser commission raises to 17% as well.

What Percentage Does the Org Get?

The percentage that the organization receives for each sale varies depending on the product and the type of fundraiser. Generally, the organization receives 15-20% of the total sales.

How is the Percentage Calculated?

The percentage is calculated based on the total sales generated from the fundraiser. For example, if the total sales are $1000 and the agreed percentage is 15%, the organization will receive $150.

What Factors Affect the Percentage?

The percentage that the organization receives can be affected by the type of fundraiser, the products sold, and any special promotions or discounts applied.

Can the Percentage Change During the Fundraiser?

In most cases, the percentage is agreed upon before the fundraiser begins and will remain the same throughout. However, if there are any changes or updates, the organization will be notified and given the opportunity to adjust their fundraiser accordingly.

How is the Percentage Paid to the Organization?

The percentage is typically paid out as a check or direct deposit to the organization after the fundraiser has ended. The payment method and timing may vary, so it's best to discuss this with your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Debbieskk