• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What other variations can I try with this Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle recipe?

In summary, I'm making the 7-Layer Southwestern Salad for a "Wheat Free" show next Fri. I'd like to bring something else along. I was thinking a dip w/ veggies, but maybe a dessert instead? I have the recipe for the PB Cookies.Thanks for the great ideas!In summary, I made the Brownie Mocha Trifle on Fri, it was a great hit and I sold several of the bowls. I booked a brunch show for April, I'm making a brunch casserole of some sort (haven't decided yet) and the Cinnamon Graham Monkey Bread. She's making Mimosas! I thought I'd take the Trifle Bowl and use it for
pamperedinAlaska
Silver Member
I'm making the 7-Layer Salad for a "Wheat Free" show next Fri. I'd like to bring something else along. I was thinking a dip w/ veggies, but maybe a dessert instead? I have the recipe for the PB Cookies.
Thanks for the great ideas!
:D
I made the Brownie Mocha Trifle on Fri, it was a great hit and I sold several of the bowls. I booked a brunch show for April, I'm making a brunch casserole of some sort (haven't decided yet) and the Cinnamon Graham Monkey Bread. She's making Mimosas! I thought I'd take the Trifle Bowl and use it for some fresh daffodils.

Brownie mocha trifle...mmmmmm recipe please????
Oh and the 7 layer salad..what is that? Is that the one in the picture with the avocado in it???

I got both recipes off here somewhere...I'll have to check. The photo I have has some wedged tomatoes on top.

Here's the salad...

Seven-Layer Southwestern SaladFresh vegetables, black beans and a zesty salad dressing are united in a layered salad with lots of zip.

Directions:
1.In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.
2.Drain and rinse beans using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife, dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in Simple Additions™ Large Bowl.
3.Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ’N Scraper®, spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.
Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 1/2 cups): Calories 190, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 380 mg, Fiber 3 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving (1 1/2 cups): 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 fat (1/2 carb )

Cook’s Tips: For a heartier main dish salad, 2 cups diced cooked chicken can be added between the bell pepper and lettuce layers, if desired.

This salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003
www.pamperedchef.com

I am trying to find the salad in the trifle bowl in all the pictures with the avocado in it. It looks sooooooo good. It looks green and yellow mostly.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. The mocha trifle came from Harriet's AWESOME book of recipes. It's a thread further back. Good luck finding the allusive avocado recipe!

Hmmm. I'll have to find that Mocha one..YUMMMMIEEEE. God that sounds good.

Here is the basic recipe that I used...I'll add more coffee and more toffee next time.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MOCHA TRIFLE

1 package (18.25oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
1 ¾ cup cold milk
2 packages (3.4oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
¼ cup warm water
4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars (1.5 ounces each)

1. Lightly spray 9”x13” Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to the cake-like package directions. Cool completely.

2. In Classic 2-Qt Batter Bowl, whisk pudding mix into milk using 10” Whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Dissolve coffee granules in warm water; add to pudding mixture, mixing well. Fold in whipped topping using Super Scraper.

3. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes.

4. Chop toffee bars using Food Chopper.

5. Layer 1/3 of brownie cubes onto bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture, pressing lightly, and 1/3 of chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times.

6. Chill 30 minutes before serving.

Yield 12 servings
NOTE: Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling may be substituted for white chocolate pudding, if desired.

Do you need to be wheat-free for dessert, too? How about the easy chocolate fondue from All the Best. It's like chocolate chips melted then you stir in cool whip. Serve it with fruit or angel food cake or graham crackers (some stuff for the non-wheat free people...) Always a hit and SUPER easy!

My mom was allergic to wheat. Carefully read the backs of all cans and boxes. Modified food starch is a wheat product and is found in MANY items, some you wouldn't think of. Marshmallows, pie filling, mayonnaise, and soup are a few that I can remember.

Well, it's Thur. night and I'm still not sure about the dessert. My host is making a dip, we're doing the salad, and dessert? She really wants the dessert to be wheat-free (it's the iron she says). How do you demo/display the fondue? Thanks for any last-minute suggestions!

I just read the mini-triffle idea in the prep bowls. Maybe I'll do that for my show. She's not expecting more than 5 guests, I have 2 sets of bowls...i can then make the mini-triffles according to how many there are...or make them ahead and bring the left-overs home for my family. I told her 5 outside orders and I'll bring the dessert. She met that. Maybe I'll do a green themed triffle for St. Patty's Day? I tend to ramble when I have a brain-storm. Please excuse the crazy-ness!

A question and a recipe suggestion....
pamperedinAlaska said:
Here is the basic recipe that I used...I'll add more coffee and more toffee next time.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MOCHA TRIFLE

1 package (18.25oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
1 ¾ cup cold milk
2 packages (3.4oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
¼ cup warm water
4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars (1.5 ounces each)

1. Lightly spray 9”x13” Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to the cake-like package directions. Cool completely.

2. In Classic 2-Qt Batter Bowl, whisk pudding mix into milk using 10” Whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Dissolve coffee granules in warm water; add to pudding mixture, mixing well. Fold in whipped topping using Super Scraper.

3. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes.

4. Chop toffee bars using Food Chopper.

5. Layer 1/3 of brownie cubes onto bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture, pressing lightly, and 1/3 of chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times.

6. Chill 30 minutes before serving.

Yield 12 servings
NOTE: Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling may be substituted for white chocolate pudding, if desired.

A question first - what is Cinnamon Graham monkey bread??? That's one I haven't heard of!

And when I make the Brownie Trifle, I've used the Cheesecake Pudding mix.....very tasty!

Related to What other variations can I try with this Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle recipe?

1. What is a 7-Layer Salad Companion?

A 7-Layer Salad Companion is a specialized tool designed by Pampered Chef to help easily assemble and serve a classic 7-layer salad. It has a deep, wide bowl with a removable strainer insert and a dressing container that fits into the center.

2. How does the strainer insert work?

The strainer insert fits snugly into the bowl, allowing you to easily layer your salad ingredients while ensuring excess moisture is drained away. This helps prevent your salad from becoming soggy and keeps it fresh for longer.

3. What size salad does the bowl hold?

The 7-Layer Salad Companion has a capacity of 8 cups, making it perfect for serving a family-sized 7-layer salad. It can also be used for other types of salads or as a serving dish for side dishes or desserts.

4. Is the 7-Layer Salad Companion dishwasher safe?

Yes, the entire 7-Layer Salad Companion is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleanup. It is also made from durable, high-quality materials that are built to last.

5. Can I use the 7-Layer Salad Companion for hot or cold salads?

The 7-Layer Salad Companion is safe for use with both hot and cold salads. The bowl and strainer insert are heat-resistant up to 300°F, making it great for layering and serving warm salads. Just be sure to remove the dressing container before placing it in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• laylaleigh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
melindag
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies