• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your "Elevator Speech"?

problem and show how you're the solution.For my 30 second elevator speech, I would begin by telling people how busy they are, and how PC can help them be more productive and organized. I would then talk about the easy, budget-friendly recipes that are available on The Pampered Chef, and how I have fun presenting them at shows.
koima
My husband and I have been talking about me becoming a PC consultant and I'm in the works for joining. He owns a small business with a specialty service, and part of promoting his business is the "Elevator Speech." He asked me to come up with one for PC so I'm here to ask for YOUR Elevator speech!

Here's what an "Elevator speech" is, from the website Elevator Speech :
Elevator speeches are the verbal application of your company's messages. They help your executives and sales team explain exactly what your company does in about 30 seconds, and more importantly, exactly what it means to the partner, investor, prospect or customer.

Having a clear, concise, compelling explanation of what your company does is generally called an elevator speech because it should be something you can explain in a short elevator.

Help me come up with a compelling explanation of PC that will convince DH and hopefully help me to promote my new business!

I believe this would be your 30 minute commercial- Mine is "I put fun back in the kitchenm, and bring families back around the dinner table." Lately, I have been offering wish lists for wives for Chritsmas, and I have been saying "I am saving marriages one spatula at a time."

wow! that is a thinker! I will have to really think about that and practice too! I can't wait to see what others have.

I don't think that PC consultants should have that kind of speech. I think you should practice listening and turning the elevator speech into a conversation. Learn to throw out teasers that would make an potentially interested person ask a deeper question to which you could then either give them another "lead them down a trail" question or come right out and then give them your elevator speech in 10 second increments. If you feel you only have this one opportunity to chat then you probably DO need that 30 second, well versed speech but I'd say that is a minimum.My biggest advice is to not sound desperate. Be conversational, lead the conversation towards PC where you can over the course of the conversation and only push quicker if time is short.

I have a hard time with my 30 second response, too (actually, 30 seconds is a long time) and I need something concrete to say when someone asks me "What do you do?" (as in, for my job)

I want to say something like I own my own business where I help others get in and out of the kitchen quickly and inexpensively....but in reality, I usually say "I have been selling PC for 5 years." That is NOT my 10 second answer that I want to keep saying!

I like this formula:"Do you know how...well, what I do is....""Do you know how people are so busy they don't have time to cook? Well, what I do is show you how to cook healthy, delicious recipes you can make for your family in under 30 minutes.""Do you know how people are trying to find ways to save money? Well, what I do is show you how to make quick, delicious recipes that can be made for about $2 per serving"

Winnipegk said:
I like this formula:

"Do you know how...well, what I do is...."

"Do you know how people are so busy they don't have time to cook? Well, what I do is show you how to cook healthy, delicious recipes you can make for your family in under 30 minutes."

"Do you know how people are trying to find ways to save money? Well, what I do is show you how to make quick, delicious recipes that can be made for about $2 per serving"

I really like that!!! :thumbup: I've heard that with elevator speeches, you should be able to present a problem and show how you're the solution.

I've just been saying that I teach people how to cook a great meal at home with tools that save time and effort.

But I'm switching today. Thanks a lot!

I am honest and probabaly would tell people something like this because honestly some people don't take PC seriously:

I make extra money for my homeschooling family with The Pampered Chef. I have fun presenting the products at shows, playing games and making a delicious budget friendly recipe. This is a career for anyone because you can work as much or as little as you want and set your own personal goals. I do it as a hobby and really enjoy my business of teaching moms to get in and out of the kitchen with ease!

Debbie :D

Akiba said:
I really like that!!! :thumbup: I've heard that with elevator speeches, you should be able to present a problem and show how you're the solution.

I've just been saying that I teach people how to cook a great meal at home with tools that save time and effort.

But I'm switching today. Thanks a lot!
That's what I've heard as well. Basically, you want people to respond with "Wow, how do you do that?" or "I need that!"

I really like that formula! I'll be sure to use that.

I do not have one! I need to work on that.

Here are 5 questions from the HO that will help you write your personal story. Try practicing until you tell it in 60 seconds or less.

1. What was your situation before joining PC (job, family, etc.)?
2. What were you looking for from the business?
3. What was a concern you had about joining, and how did you solve that?
4. HOw i your life better because of PC?
5. What do you hope to accomplish in the next 1-3 years with your business?

I hope this helps some of you to write your story.

Related to What Is Your "Elevator Speech"?

1. What is an "Elevator Speech"?

An "Elevator Speech" is a short and concise introduction that summarizes who you are, what you do, and why you do it. It is called an "elevator speech" because it should be able to be delivered in the time it takes to ride an elevator, typically around 30 seconds.

2. Why is it important to have an "Elevator Speech"?

Having an "Elevator Speech" allows you to quickly and effectively communicate your personal or business brand to potential clients, customers, or colleagues. It can make a lasting first impression and help you stand out from others in your industry.

3. How do I create an effective "Elevator Speech"?

To create an effective "Elevator Speech," start by defining your unique value proposition or the main benefit you offer. Then, think about your target audience and tailor your speech to their needs and interests. Keep it short and to the point, and practice delivering it until it feels natural and authentic.

4. Can I use the same "Elevator Speech" for different situations?

While the main points of your "Elevator Speech" should remain consistent, it is important to tailor it to the specific situation or audience. For example, you may want to highlight different aspects of your business when speaking to a potential client versus a networking event.

5. How often should I update my "Elevator Speech"?

You should review and update your "Elevator Speech" regularly, especially if there are changes in your business or industry. It is a good idea to practice and refine your speech periodically to ensure it accurately reflects your current goals and values.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC