• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent What Does Pmb Mean in Military Terms?

In summary, Paypal is holding the funds until the item is received by the buyer. The address includes "PMB". Thought it may be a military term....the buyer is from San Ysidro, CA....help!Hubby is Navy but I don't think it is a military term. I think PMB measn Private Mail Box, but I could be mistaken. I don't know why Paypal would hold funds until they receive it though, sorry :confused:
jwpamp
Just sold an expensive item on e-Bay. Pay Pal is holding the funds until the item is received by the buyer. The address includes "PMB". Thought it may be a military term....the buyer is from San Ysidro, CA....help!

Hubby is Navy but I don't think it is a military term. I think PMB measn Private Mail Box, but I could be mistaken. I don't know why Paypal would hold funds until they receive it though, sorry :confused:

The only time I've seen PMB is when referring to a box at like a "MailBoxes Etc" type of place... "private mail box", as opposed to the post office's "PO box".

Mailing stores provide this kind of mail box. It allows you to have PO box with a street address (the store's) for packages from places like PC that won't deliver to a PO box. Some small out of their home companies use these as their company address too.

Good job PampChef Joy ... this is another Joy and you are totally correct. I learned this from my other job and it does stand for PRIVATE MAIL BOX. I am also in Calif. Did you go to the training in Roseville on the 4th? I went and you do look familiar!

Ahh....thank you! I thought it may have had something to do with military, but now it makes sense!

My item sold for over $100 and needs to be signed for. The buyer ends up being a dentist (googled her), so all is well. The payment is pending delivery confirmation.

Wow, didn't know that it was that complex to sell high priced items on e-bay! FYI, I guess!

I had to share:
One time a retired Marine was telling me a story about a combat mission. He was seperated from his unit and ended up next to a river he knew went the right direction. So he jumped on a LOG and got back to where he needed to be. My DH was an Airborne Ranger and I have heard many such stories, however I hadn't heard him use the LOG thing before so I wasn't sure what kind of military thing this was or what it meant. So I asked him about it that night. He looked at me with a puzzled expression, so I told him the story my friend had told me. My DH laughed and laughed, he explained that my friend meant just that, a log, a dead tree. We laughed together, I'm so silly.

jwpamp said:
Ahh....thank you! I thought it may have had something to do with military, but now it makes sense!

My item sold for over $100 and needs to be signed for. The buyer ends up being a dentist (googled her), so all is well. The payment is pending delivery confirmation.

Wow, didn't know that it was that complex to sell high priced items on e-bay! FYI, I guess!
Not all high-value eBay transactions are this way. DH buys and sells car parts, many of which are quite valuable. He doesn't ship until payment is confirmed, nor does he expect sellers to ship until his payment is confirmed.

Crystal Patton said:
I had to share:
One time a retired Marine was telling me a story about a combat mission. He was seperated from his unit and ended up next to a river he knew went the right direction. So he jumped on a LOG and got back to where he needed to be. My DH was an Airborne Ranger and I have heard many such stories, however I hadn't heard him use the LOG thing before so I wasn't sure what kind of military thing this was or what it meant. So I asked him about it that night. He looked at me with a puzzled expression, so I told him the story my friend had told me. My DH laughed and laughed, he explained that my friend meant just that, a log, a dead tree. We laughed together, I'm so silly.

Been there done that! LOL There are so many terms and acrynoms (sp??LOL) in the Navy that I get confused even after being married for over 10yrs to DH!

What does PMB mean in military terms?

PMB stands for "Permanent Military Base." It refers to a fixed location or installation used for military operations or training.

Is PMB the same as a military base?

Yes, PMB and military base are often used interchangeably to refer to a permanent location used for military purposes.

What types of facilities are typically found at a PMB?

A PMB may contain barracks, dining facilities, training grounds, administrative offices, medical facilities, and other structures needed to support military operations and personnel.

How are PMBs different from temporary military bases?

PMBs are permanent and have a long-term or indefinite purpose, while temporary military bases are established for short-term operations and can be disassembled or relocated.

Are PMBs only found in the United States?

No, PMBs can be found in various locations around the world where the military has a presence, including overseas bases and installations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MLinAZ