• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holding a Fundraiser at Church's Rummage Sale

In summary, the church is having a Rummage Sale to make funds to upgrade their church kitchen. I thought this would be perfect to contact them to see if I could hold a "fundraiser" during their 2-day sale. I was thinking I could set up a booth and make a Wish List for the church. Customers could either buy something for the church or something for themselves. Since I've never done a fundraiser show I have a couple questions.1. Obviously if purchasing products for the church they would pay $4 shipping. If they want to purchase for themselves can I charge direct shipping? I'm sure not all the customers would be church members and I don't think the church would be happy contacting all
khollein
A church is having a Rummage Sale to make funds to upgrade their church kitchen. I thought this would be perfect to contact them to see if I could hold a "fundraiser" during their 2-day sale. I was thinking I could set up a booth and make a Wish List for the church. Customers could either buy something for the church or something for themselves. Since I've never done a fundraiser show I have a couple questions.

1. Obviously if purchasing products for the church they would pay $4 shipping. If they want to purchase for themselves can I charge direct shipping? I'm sure not all the customers would be church members and I don't think the church would be happy contacting all the shoppers to get their item to them. Or can I have all the product shipped to me to distribute to both the church and individual customers.

2. How does the booking feature work. It says $3 for every confirmed booking. Does that mean they won't receive the money until the show is held? And if not what happens if someone cancels?

3. I guess if they'd rather have the tools instead of the money I could just do it as a regular show and have it all shipped to me and then contact each customer that way. They just wouldn't recieve the booking dollars but they'd get lot's in free product. Is there any limit to the amount of free product one show can receive?

I know this is alot but I want to contact the church tomorrow as the rummage sale is in 3 weeks! Thanks for any help.

Kim:)

1. I would have all of it shipped to you unless you have someone willing to help. You can do direct shipping, but people may not like that, especially if you charge $4 + direct shipping.2. I believe that they receive $3 for each booking, but it should be one that you have scheduled not just interest. I also offer and added benefit. $15 to the charity after that show is held or something like that.3. No limit to the amount of free product. After a $1000 show, they get $25 for every $100 in sales. See #2 for the booking benefit option.People like cash n carry so if you have some products to "get rid of" or door prizes, I'd bring those as well.Good luck! I think it's a great idea. Just don't be surprised if you don't get a great response since people do come to rummage sales for deals. You may ask that they mention that you'll be there in their bulletins too and any added deal you'll have for ordering or booking.

I have done some shows similar to this, and this is what I have done:

1. Put all the orders for the church on one order to save on shipping. If they are ordering for themselves, they can have it direct shipped (more $) or shipped to you (less $) and you'll bring it to the church on a designated day/time for pickup. Don't offer to deliver - it's too much work, TRUST ME!

2. I would only put people in as bookings if they are TRUE bookings, and you actually hand them a packet and put a date in your calendar. If they say they are interested, tell them you have to date it then and there or the church doesn't get the extra $. Then, when they hold it, you can offer extra as the other poster mentioned, if you want to.

3. If the church really does just want the products, then a reg. show is probably the way to go, but if they want to raise funds for other things (stove, etc.), then the fundraiser with the wish list might be the best option.

I'm doing a fundraiser in a few weeks for a girl who is doing an MS walk, and I'm going to make a sign that says "2 Great Ways to Raise Funds" - 1. Purchase Products - 15% goes to MS, 2. Book a show - $3 for each booked and held show goes to MS. I'm also thinking of offering free shipping on orders of $50 or more to encourage people to spend more (esp. since this month there is no "buy $60 get X free" offer).

Hope that helps - good luck and let us know what you end up doing!

1. What is the process for holding a fundraiser at a church's rummage sale?

The process for holding a fundraiser at a church's rummage sale typically involves reaching out to the church administration or event organizer to inquire about the possibility of participating. Once approved, you will need to coordinate with the church to set up a booth or table at the rummage sale and determine any fees or guidelines for selling at the event. It is also important to plan and prepare your products, marketing materials, and any necessary permits or licenses.

2. Can anyone participate in a church's rummage sale fundraiser?

Typically, anyone can participate in a church's rummage sale fundraiser as long as they follow the guidelines and obtain any necessary approvals or permits. However, some churches may give priority to member organizations or groups associated with the church.

3. What products can be sold at a church's rummage sale fundraiser?

The types of products that can be sold at a church's rummage sale fundraiser may vary, but typically it is best to stick to items that are in good condition and appropriate for a family-friendly event. This can include kitchenware, home decor, clothing, books, and small appliances. It is important to check with the church to see if there are any restrictions on the types of products that can be sold.

4. Is there a cost or fee to participate in a church's rummage sale fundraiser?

Some churches may charge a fee or ask for a donation to participate in their rummage sale fundraiser. This fee may go towards the cost of organizing the event or supporting a specific cause or charity. It is important to inquire about any fees or costs before committing to participate in the fundraiser.

5. How can I promote my participation in a church's rummage sale fundraiser?

There are several ways to promote your participation in a church's rummage sale fundraiser. You can utilize social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram, to share information about the event and your products. You can also create flyers or posters to hang up in the church or surrounding community. Additionally, word of mouth is a great way to spread the word about your participation in the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tvanhowling
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • raebates