• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I do now to prepare for National Conference 2010?

Heather, do you know if there's a certain airline that is cheaper than others? I've heard some people say that Southwest is the cheapest.There is no specific airline that is cheaper than others. However, the best way to save money on your airfare is to check online before you buy. You can often find discounted rates by using search engines.
nldavis321 said:
Any thoughts or helpful hints/suggestions would he great! Thanks in advance!

Hey Nicole,

R u flying out of Orlando? I'm not sure where Tamarac is. When are you going out? We're flying out of Orlando and arriving in Chicago on the 15th @ 4pm

Today is April 28. There are only 80 days left until the start of Wave 3.I was able to see the guy from What Not to Wear at an event I worked recently. He pointed out that fit is the first element of style, and when your clothes fit right they'll be comfortable. He also said that on the show they shop for 2 solid days and consider themselves lucky if they find 7 outfits. If the only clothes you have that would be appropriate for NC aren't comfortable, you need to do something. You can have the clothes you already have altered. Or, you can buy new. Just remember that it can take lots of time to find clothing that fits your body and your budget.Here are a few more suggestions I gleaned from Clinton Kelly:Try everything on.If you can't immediately picture it with at least 3 things already in your closet, don't buy it. You'll be wasting money and closet space.A bit of alteration (a dart here, hem there) can make all the difference.

I love that show! Rae is also right- if your are not comfortable in your clothes you will not be comfortable at Conference. Take it from someone who knows! I will be going shopping soon for some new COMFORTABLE clothes for conference.

Is it business casual? Thanks Rae! Great tips! Kristi ~ Tamarac is outside Fort Lauderdale. I am actually going to be in the Pittsburgh area with family. My mom and I are driving to Chicago!

Can't wait till conference! It's my first!!!!!! I booked my airfare, my director booked the hotel, and I'll be sending in my registration as soon as I see if I'm getting anymore PC $$ after my next party on the 2nd!

Oh and Deb, I'm from the Pittsburgh area!!

Nicole, they haven't posted the dress code yet. In the past it's been
Pampered Chef requires that at all official Pampered Chef functions you dress business casual. No denim or shorts. Chicago can be hot in the summer, but keep in mind that you are indoors most of the time and the air conditioner can be chilly. Packing a light blazer or sweater is a good idea since you can easily take it on and off when needed.

Has anyone had a problem with PC polo shirts shrinking? I thought about getting a couple of those.

I signed up for my workshops the first day but just got my airfare today...flying out of Ft. Lauderdale with my clustermates. Can't wait!

I haven't looked through all the posts...has a Meet & Greet for Wave 3 been discussed yet?

Briefly. Last year we met at the bar in the Hilton. That seemed to work well. We'll firm those plans up as we get closer to NC.

Today is April 29. There are only 79 days left until the start of Wave 3.If your loved ones are questioning your desire to go to NC, do your best to include them in the excitement. Use CS to talk incessantly about NC. Your family probably doesn't want to hear constant chatter about it. However, do make sure they know that you'll miss them; you'll bring them souvenirs; and they'll benefit from the extra money you'll make because of the business boost you'll get.

Last edited:
Today is April 30. There are only 78 days left until the start of Wave 3.Start a file. I keep 2 NC files--1 in a manila folder, the other on my computer. This is where I keep all NC materials--confirmations, receipts, lists, etc. I use the computer file for anything I don't want to waste a lot of paper on. The folder is for anything I might want to take with me (like a hotel confirmation). Getting organized now helps me to stay organized all the way through NC.

Today is May 1. There are only 76 days left until the start of Wave 3.Somehow I got off track with my count, so we have 1 day less than I thought. Gee, it's coming quick. This brings something important to mind. Always double-check. It's easy to get used to relying on your director, your recruiter, your clustermates, or your friends here at CS for information. We're good, but we're not perfect. The best source of information is the HO. Make sure you're reading what they send and what's posted on CC.ETA: Found where I went wrong. I'm such a doofus sometimes.

Last edited:
Today is May 3. There are only 74 days left until the start of Wave 3.I like to look my best at NC. Since I have colored hair in a fairly short style, that means making sure that my cut and color are pretty fresh. I've already set my appointments for the next couple of months so I can make sure I'm feeling cute for NC.If this is a concern for you as well, you might want to make your appointment now. Make sure your stylist be available when you need him/her.

Today is May 4. There are only 73 days left until the start of Wave 3.Yesterday I talked about looking good. Today I want to remind you to do what you can to make sure you feel good. NC is physically and mentally stressful. It's good stress, but it's still stress. You have just over 10 weeks to prepare yourself. Here are my suggestions:Make getting rest a priority. If you're not well rested when you arrive, you're likely to struggle. After all, there's lots to do, so you might be staying up late and getting up early. Most people don't sleep as well in a strange bed. Most of us will be sharing a room with others, which can impair your sleep. These won't be as much of an issue if your sleep bank is full to begin with. Start walking. There is a lot of walking at NC. Get moving now so you won't feel like you've been hit by a truck on day 2.Eat well. Fueling your body with good food in the weeks ahead is a good way to make sure you're healthy and energetic when you arrive at NC. Who knows? It's possible that these will become good habits that will become part of a healthy lifestyle that lasts long after this NC.

Today is May 6. There are only 71 days left until the start of Wave 3.

Ken Davis shared these ideas on a recent blog. He was talking about how to get the most out of the conferences he does, but I think they translate well to NC.

Make these resolutions to help you maximize your experiences:

1. Resolve to Relax

So many times we go into new situations tense and defensive, fearful of change and concerned about what people will think. We assume a negative posture that stifles creativity and inhibits learning.

Anticipate a great experience
Believe that you will learn something helpful
Don’t set yourself up to compete. You have nothing to prove. Learning is not competition it is absorption. Become a happy Sponge Bob Square Pants. Soak it up!​

2. Resolve to Disarm
We put it this way, “Leave your guns at the door.” All those little tricks and stories and shortcuts that you usually use when the pressure is on; the candy stick, shoot from the hip easy way out solutions that keep you from trying new things, leave them at the door.

Open yourself up to learn new techniques. Risk by exploring new ideas. When you leave the conference you can pick up your guns and take them with you. You may not need them anymore. OR you may find them more affective with the new material you have learned. By leaving them at the door you will resist the temptation to depend on them and miss out on learning something new.

3. Resolve to connect

Dive in. Introduce yourself to instructors and other attendees. Ask questions, offer insight. Eat and talk and laugh with other people. TURN YOUR PHONE OFF!

In twenty years of doing workshops I can count on one hand and half of one foot the number of people who said they got nothing out of it. ALL OF THEM remained isolated and refused to get involved with the people around them. Some felt they knew it all. Usually those were sent by someone who knew they didn’t. Others never disconnected from phone - computer - business, so even though they were physically at the conference, mentally they never left the office.

4. Resolve to commit

I ask our students to commit to what we are teaching just for the length of the conference. Long enough to try the principles, get past the discomfort of doing something NEW, and experience the difference it will make in their performance. Once they leave, I give them permission to dump the whole thing and shoot me with the guns they left at the door, BUT BY THEN THEY ARE HOOKED. [Rae's Note: I'd change this just a bit. I'd resolve to commit to the new ideas for more than just the time of the conference. Give yourself a few weeks, a month or two, to try the new stuff.]

The new grip suggested by a golf pro seems intolerable until you commit to practice it until it becomes natural. Only then will you hit the 250 yard drive or sink the 15 foot putt.

Try these resolutions the next time you are at a conference.

Today is May 7. There are only 70 days left until the start of Wave 3!Are your hotel reservations set? If you're staying at a conference hotel, make sure you have all of your roommates listed (with consultant numbers). This really will make things easier in the long run. Be sure to read through all of the rules and guidelines for conference hotels. You'll want to know your rights and responsibilities just in case.

Today is May 8. There are only 69 days left until the start of Wave 3!I can't believe I forgot to update this thread this morning. My memory isn't what it used to be. That brings to mind a good tip for NC. Don't trust your memory. Write down, print off, or save in your computer all information and lists. It's the best way to make sure you don't forget or miss out on things.

Today is May 9. There are only 68 days left until the start of Wave 3!Just over 2 months isn't all that much time. It will go by quickly. CS is a great source for NC info, tips, warnings, and more. One of my favorite things about NC is a chance to meet some of my CS friends. Keep an eye out for information about Meet N Greets (often abbreviated MNG), breakfasts, and where everyone's staying.

Today is May 10. There are only 67 days left until the start of Wave 3!Happy Mothers Day to everyone who shows loving care to others. Whether you've got children of your own or not, you're a mom.Thinking about Mothers Day got me thinking about expressing appreciation. My recruiter is no longer with PC. While I'm at NC I usually send her a postcard thanking her for what she did to introduce me to the PC business. It's simple, but little things like that often mean a lot. If there is someone who has helped you in your business, consider expressing your gratitude.

raebates said:
Today is May 10. There are only 67 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Happy Mothers Day to everyone who shows loving care to others. Whether you've got children of your own or not, you're a mom.

Thinking about Mothers Day got me thinking about expressing appreciation. My recruiter is no longer with PC. While I'm at NC I usually send her a postcard thanking her for what she did to introduce me to the PC business. It's simple, but little things like that often mean a lot. If there is someone who has helped you in your business, consider expressing your gratitude.

Rae, you are always so thoughtful and ready to share your knowledge! I've been following this post to help me prep for NC....thanks for being you and for helping us out! I love the idea of appreciation, and will definitely do as you suggested! Happy Mother's Day to you....and May you always remain just as you are! God Bless!

Thank you, Laurie.

Today is May 11. There are only 66 days left until the start of Wave 3!We have just over 2 months before NC. You'll probably have several shows in that time. You'll do host coaching. You'll make lots of calls. Start taking a critical look at what you're doing, why you're doing it, and how it's working. Here are a few reasons I can think of for taking a close look at your business before NC. 1. You'll know what areas to target when you're asking questions and taking workshop notes.2. You'll know what's working well. You're likely to be asked for tips and advice while at NC. By really studying your business, you'll know what to tell those who ask. 3. You'll have a chance to make your business better before you even go. You may discover areas where you can change or streamline to make your business what you want it to be.

Today is May 12. There are only 65 days until the start of Wave 3!I'm getting really excited! I hope they post details soon--the NC bag, the added incentive for attending, etc. I'm keeping an eye on CC.

Today is May 12. There are only 65 days until the start of Wave 3!

I'm getting really excited! I hope they post details soon--the NC bag, the added incentive for attending, etc. I'm keeping an eye on CC.

Be sure to edit your home numbers and your cluster mates in your cell phone to include the area codes.

Today is May 13. There are only 64 days left until the start of Wave 3!Good suggestion, Bobby. That leads to a thought about today's tip. Make sure you have your roommates' and clustermates' numbers programmed into your phone. That will help you keep track of one another and adjust plans if necessary. Many of us Cheffers will also share numbers. I program these under "Cheffer - pampered chef consultant" in my phone. It makes it easier for my brain to find the person I'm looking for.I also take a hard copy of all of the numbers (roommates, clustermates, and Cheffers), just in case I have trouble with my phone. If something happens, I want to be able to use another phone to call.

Wow I just made the decision to go to conference yesterday (had some family trials that delayed the decision) but now I am superexcited...and overwhelmed! This thread is fabulous and I now know to start shopping...scrubs and jeans dont sound okay for NC!! WOO WOO. Thanks for all the tips :)

raebates said:
Today is May 12. There are only 65 days until the start of Wave 3!I'm getting really excited! I hope they post details soon--the NC bag, the added incentive for attending, etc. I'm keeping an eye on CC.
Did you see in the Newswire yesterday that there will be more info in the June CN about a special July incentive if we attend conference? :sing::sing::sing:New on Consultant's Corner This Week ... * The National Conference 2009 page has been updated to include two testimonials from Consultants who attended National Conference last year in Chicago. Plus: Hold and submit two Shows in July and attend National Conference and you'll receive an exclusive promotional item available only to Conference attendees (see the June Consultant News for details). Register today!

Yippee! I love those incentives. I've already got 4 bookings for July, so I'm in line to get whatever they're offering. :)

diradt said:
Wow I just made the decision to go to conference yesterday (had some family trials that delayed the decision) but now I am superexcited...and overwhelmed! This thread is fabulous and I now know to start shopping...scrubs and jeans dont sound okay for NC!! WOO WOO. Thanks for all the tips :)

You'll be so happy you decided to go. No, scrubs and jeans won't be appropriate, but you've got plenty of time to find great deals on comfy, appropriate clothing.

I love doing the tips. It keeps me on track so I'm not trying to do a bajillion things at the last minute. I'm glad you're finding them helpful.

Today is May 14. There are only 63 days left until the start of Wave 3!One of the things we usually get when we register is a tote of some kind. There will be an announcement soon about this year’s tote (assuming there is one). I take the things I want to be sure to carry with me (paper, pens, snacks and such) in a plastic bag. This way I can fold up the bag or toss it as soon as I get everything situated in my new tote.

Today is May 15. There are only 62 days left until the start of Wave 3!Not taking along a laptop? Go ahead and set up your email auto response today. Most email services let you set a start and end date for vacation responses. I usually set mine to start the day I leave and end a couple of days after I get back. That gives me a little time to get around to reading through all of the emails. I simply say that I’m off learning how to become an even better consultant and getting a sneak peek at the new products that will be out this fall. I leave my cell number so they can get to me if they have a PC emergency.

Very good tip Rae! Thanks! Now I just have to remember to do it! lol Thanks!

That's why I do mine now, while I'm thinking about it, instead of waiting until right before NC when I have 15,000,000 things to do.

raebates said:
Today is May 15. There are only 62 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Not taking along a laptop? Go ahead and set up your email auto response today. Most email services let you set a start and end date for vacation responses. I usually set mine to start the day I leave and end a couple of days after I get back. That gives me a little time to get around to reading through all of the emails. I simply say that I’m off learning how to become an even better consultant and getting a sneak peek at the new products that will be out this fall. I leave my cell number so they can get to me if they have a PC emergency.

OOHHH, that just gave me an idea for the response... "I’m off learning how to become an even better consultant and getting a sneak peek at the new products that will be out this fall. Reply to this response and book your party or catalog party between Sept. 1 - 15 and choose one of the new items FREE (up to $20)."

What do ya think?

Sounds great, Krista.

Today is May 16. There are only 61 days left until the start of Wave 3!I want you to make me a promise. If you take a picture of me at NC you’ll make sure that you’re taking it from slightly above my eye line and not below it. People look better from this angle. With digital cameras it’s common for people to hold the camera down just under their own eye line or even under their own chin level. If you’ll hold it slightly above your eyes (or even better, a little above your head--especially if you're short like me), your subjects will look better. People will love you for it. Start practicing now so it will be habit by the time you take pictures at NC.

Today is May 16. There are only 61 days left until the start of Wave 3!

I want you to make me a promise. If you take a picture of me at NC you’ll make sure that you’re taking it from slightly above my eye line and not below it. People look better from this angle. With digital cameras it’s common for people to hold the camera down just under their own eye line or even under their own chin level. If you’ll hold it slightly above your eyes (or even better, a little above your head--especially if you're short like me), your subjects will look better. People will love you for it. Start practicing now so it will be habit by the time you take pictures at NC.

I just had to share with people who understand....I officially got my vacation from my 'dayjob' approved yesterday and I am ON MY WAY to Conference! Woohoo!! Chicago..are you ready for this???? LOL

raebates said:
Today is May 16. There are only 61 days left until the start of Wave 3!

I want you to make me a promise. If you take a picture of me at NC you’ll make sure that you’re taking it from slightly above my eye line and not below it. People look better from this angle. With digital cameras it’s common for people to hold the camera down just under their own eye line or even under their own chin level. If you’ll hold it slightly above your eyes (or even better, a little above your head--especially if you're short like me), your subjects will look better. People will love you for it. Start practicing now so it will be habit by the time you take pictures at NC.

Too bad I won't be there and letting you take my pics Rae....I'm so not photogenic and could use a few good shots! lol

diradt said:
I just had to share with people who understand....I officially got my vacation from my 'dayjob' approved yesterday and I am ON MY WAY to Conference! Woohoo!! Chicago..are you ready for this???? LOL

Congratulations! :thumbup: That's wonderful news. :D

Today is May 17. There are only 60 days left until the start of Wave 3!Don't forget to put your Chef Success button on your packing list. We want to be able to pick you out of the crowd. There is a sticky post under National Conference about how you can get your own CS button.

Today is May 18. There are only 59 days left until the start of Wave 3!Don't forget to add the contact information for your shows in the few weeks after NC and postcard stamps to your packing list. While you're in Chicago, pick up some postcards, and send them to those hosts with a note that you're learning lots of great things to help make their shows a success. Think ahead tip: Buy extra postcards this year and put them away. Before your next NC trip, write, address, and stamp your postcards. That way you’ll just have to pop them in the mail once you arrive.

raebates said:
Today is May 15. There are only 62 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Not taking along a laptop? Go ahead and set up your email auto response today. Most email services let you set a start and end date for vacation responses. I usually set mine to start the day I leave and end a couple of days after I get back. That gives me a little time to get around to reading through all of the emails. I simply say that I’m off learning how to become an even better consultant and getting a sneak peek at the new products that will be out this fall. I leave my cell number so they can get to me if they have a PC emergency.

My director actually advises against this because HO sends their auto emails that tied up her email forever with them bouncing back and forth!

wadesgirl said:
My director actually advises against this because HO sends their auto emails that tied up her email forever with them bouncing back and forth!

My Gmail only sends one notice per address, I think I can set the frequency of how often.

diradt said:

Yup, and she's rooming w/ me and KReaser...oh boy, I don't know if Chi town will be ready for the craziness that will ensue...LOL

wadesgirl said:
I do this every time I'm gone for a few days, and I've never had any trouble. I'm not a director, so maybe the emails they get are different. I've never had any trouble with PC or any other emails bouncing back and forth. If it's one of the automated things (like a thanks-for-contacting-the-HO notice or weekly update), the vacation announcement goes nowhere.

Last edited:
Today is May 19. There are only 58 days left until the start of Wave 3!Make plans to hit things hard when you get back from NC. Fill up your late July and early August now. You'll want to take advantage of that enthusiasm.

I just registered on Sunday for NC! Yeahhhh I'm super excited. :) :)

Today is May 20. There are only 57 days left until the start of Wave 3!Don't forget to do a few extra shows in June to get extra spending money. Plus, you'll be earning stuff in the SAT.

Today is May 21. There are only 56 days left until the start of Wave 3!You may want to start practicing with Where's Waldo? books to get ready to spot those Chef Success buttons at NC. When you do, don't be shy. Wave wildly. Say hi. Give a hug. After all, we're family.

raebates said:
Today is May 21. There are only 56 days left until the start of Wave 3!

You may want to start practicing with Where's Waldo? books to get ready to spot those Chef Success buttons at NC. When you do, don't be shy. Wave wildly. Say hi. Give a hug. After all, we're family.

Don't forget scream madly....or is that just me?:eek:

<H2>1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?</H2><p>The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.</p><H2>2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?</H2><p>As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.</p><H2>3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.</p><H2>4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.</p><H2>5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.</p>

1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?

The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.

2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?

As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.

3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?

Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.

4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.

5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef