• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Uses for Salad Choppers?

In summary, a salad chopper is a kitchen tool used to quickly and easily chop ingredients for salads, salsas, dips, and other dishes. It consists of two curved blades that are rocked back and forth to chop ingredients into small, evenly sized pieces. It can also be used to mince herbs or garlic for cooking. The benefits of using a salad chopper include saving time and effort, more control over chopped ingredients, and reducing the risk of cuts and injuries. To clean and maintain a salad chopper, it can be washed with warm soapy water or put in the dishwasher, and the blades should be regularly sharpened. Abrasive cleaners or scrubbers should be avoided to prevent damage.
Kathytnt
O.K. I got my salad choppers and these are too cool looking - Now anyone got great ideas on the many uses!!

I am tyring to eat healthy

OMG! These are so awesome! I'm addicted, and so is my family! My kids LOVE to make salads now, and of course anything they make they eat! You can toss in half a tomato, quarter of a cuke, half a pepper, even meat and dresssing! Actually, if you chop your salad all up like that, you don't even need much dressing (great for dieting) because it makes it super moist. Just squirt a little lemon or lime juice or balsamic vinegar and a tiny bit of EVOO and you're done!

I also use mine to chop up my meat for southern bbq sandwiches. I do my meat in the crock pot all day (great for summer days at the pool), and then chop it right in the pot with the chopper! LOVE IT!!!

PLUS...make sure you tell your show guests - this one is a huge male attention grabber - it's stong and powerful. My boys literally fight over who gets to prepare the salad! Anything that encourages my husband and boys to cook has got to be a beautiful thing!

...just think what would have happened if these were out during the Lorena Bobbitt fiasco!!!! :eek:

janetupnorth said:
...just think what would have happened if these were out during the Lorena Bobbitt fiasco!!!! :eek:

HAHAHA!!! Just too funny!!!!

jrstephens said:
HAHAHA!!! Just too funny!!!!

Would he be classified as a double-amputee then????:rolleyes:

I use mine to chop chicken for salad and had a friend over with a little toddler and used it for their spaghetti

Related to What Are the Best Uses for Salad Choppers?

What is a salad chopper?

A salad chopper is a kitchen tool used to quickly and easily chop ingredients for salads. It typically consists of two curved blades that can be rocked back and forth to chop vegetables, fruits, and herbs.

How do I use a salad chopper?

To use a salad chopper, place the ingredients you want to chop on a cutting board. Then, hold the chopper by the handles and use a rocking motion to chop the ingredients into small, evenly sized pieces. Repeat until all ingredients are chopped to your desired size.

Can I use a salad chopper for other foods besides salads?

Yes, a salad chopper can also be used to chop ingredients for salsas, dips, and other dishes. It can also be used to mince herbs or garlic for cooking.

What are the benefits of using a salad chopper?

Using a salad chopper can save time and effort in preparing ingredients for salads and other dishes. It also allows for more control over the size and consistency of the chopped ingredients. Additionally, a salad chopper can help prevent cuts and injuries from using a traditional knife.

How do I clean and maintain my salad chopper?

To clean a salad chopper, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing. Some salad choppers are also dishwasher safe. It's important to regularly sharpen the blades of your salad chopper to maintain its effectiveness. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers on the blades to prevent damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies