• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Recipes for a Taste Testing Party?

In summary, she says that the apple cobbler recipe is a PC recipe, but that you use only 1/3 jar of caramel.
purpampchef
I am having a taste testing party. I want the food prepared before the quests arrive. Any suggestions on what 2 recipes I should prepare?

Recipes that you want to use for your show's.

Since the DCB is not available to everyone, I was thinking of highlighting the cookware. I am looking for suggestions on what you all have tried and like. I am planning on using their comments as a guide for my Sept shows.

For the 12 inch Exe. Skillet I love the Skillet Apple Cobbler. It is easy and fantastic.
5 Granny Smith apples, 1 small jar of caramel ice cream topping, 1 large can of Gransd Biscuits (butter or flaky) 1/2 cup Brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbs flour, 1 stick of butter, 1 small bag of coconut and 1 small bag of pecans (both of which are optional)
A/P/C/S all the apples, cut into quarters and place in pan. Add about 1/3 of the caramel, both sugars and the flour. Mix well. Separate the biscuits and then pull each on a part to make 2 thinner biscuits. Cover the apples with biscuits. Add coconut and pecans (if desired) then top with melted butter. Bake at 350 for about 30 mis or until golden brown. It is a real crowd pleaser.

Two recipes? Go for one savory appetizer that doesn't need to be served hot, since you are making it before hand. Something made from the little tart pan.The other should be a sweet dessert. I am eyeing those spumoni brownies from the new Season's Best. They look fun.edit - sorry, that was not helpful for your cookware idea, was it!

Thanks, I'm always open to new suggestions!

Keep it simple on your end - open houses have, in my perspective, been poorly attended. Better to do a cream cheese brick with bottle of pineapple rum sauce poured over top and a baguette with a couple of dipping sauces than to spend hours creating recipes and only a small handful of folks come by to sample.Treat it like a show - call guests ahead, send mini catalogs to whet their appetites, and you'll do better. Good luck; let us know how it goes!

I'm with Scott. Keep it simple. For something sweet I've been doing the S'more Cups for July and August. For September I'll be doing the Mini Cookie Cheesecakes or Macadamia Coconut Blondies. (The names may be slightly off--they're from the newest dessert cookbook.)

nancyk325 said:
For the 12 inch Exe. Skillet I love the Skillet Apple Cobbler. It is easy and fantastic.
5 Granny Smith apples, 1 small jar of caramel ice cream topping, 1 large can of Gransd Biscuits (butter or flaky) 1/2 cup Brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbs flour, 1 stick of butter, 1 small bag of coconut and 1 small bag of pecans (both of which are optional)
A/P/C/S all the apples, cut into quarters and place in pan. Add about 1/3 of the caramel, both sugars and the flour. Mix well. Separate the biscuits and then pull each on a part to make 2 thinner biscuits. Cover the apples with biscuits. Add coconut and pecans (if desired) then top with melted butter. Bake at 350 for about 30 mis or until golden brown. It is a real crowd pleaser.

OMG! I tried this with guests tonight and it was great!!! We used pecans and YUMMO!!!!!! I used the squeeze bottle of caramel sauce i had (only about a third of it), and it was awesome! I'd make sure your biscuits were really golden brown to make sure they are cooked. It was good but that was the only comment my honey made! :) :thumbup:

Is the apple cobbler in the 12" skillet a PC recipe?

So do you only use 1/3 jar caramel total? May be a stupid questions.

Several years ago when I was a host my consultant made a "Magic Cake" in the Stoneware fluted pan. I make this cake all the time now and everyone loves it. Even people who aren't big into desserts. You take a regular box of Devils Food cake and make it like the package instructions. Then spray the pan with a little pam, and pour in the cake mix. Take a tub of storebought frosting and dollop it right on top (DO NOT spread it out!!!). Microwave the cake for 12 minutes, making sure the microwave rotates. Let it stand for 30 minutes, then turn upside down onto a plate. The SA Large Round Platter is perfect. Voila. "Magic Cake". When my consultant did my show, that was the first recipe she made, then while it was microwaving and sitting she did the games and stuff. I would NEVER have looked twice at the fluted pan if it wasn't for this cake and to this day it is the only recipe I've ever used it for. I'm a brand new consultant, but I've hosted several shows myself and I always tell people about this recipe and people have ordered the pan after just hearing about it. It's a definite winner!!

raebates said:
I'm with Scott. Keep it simple. For something sweet I've been doing the S'more Cups for July and August. For September I'll be doing the Mini Cookie Cheesecakes or Macadamia Coconut Blondies. (The names may be slightly off--they're from the newest dessert cookbook.)

S'more cups? YUM!!! Do you have a recipe to share? :p I don't have the cookbook....yet. ;)

emiscookin said:
S'more cups? YUM!!! Do you have a recipe to share? :p I don't have the cookbook....yet. ;)

S’More Cups
The Pampered Chef® Simply Sweet Cookbook 2010

Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Yield: 24 Cups

7 Whole Graham Crackers (1 Cup finely crushed)
¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
6 Tbls. Butter, melted
4 Bars (1.55 oz) milk chocolate candy, divided
12 Large Marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 F. Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag. Finely crush into crumbs using Baker’s Roller®. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter into Small Batter Bowl. Using Small Scoop, place a scant scoop of crumb mixture in each cup of Deluxe ini-Muffin Pan. Press crumbs to form shallow cups with Mini-Tart Shaper. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling. Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles. Remove pan from oven place one rectangle into each cup.
Cut Marshmallows in half crosswise using Professional Shears dipped in cold water. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.
Break remaining candy bars and place in (1 Cup) Prep Bowl. Microwave on High 1-1½ minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes-1hour or until set.
Cook’s Tips: Dipping the Professional Shears in cold water before cutting the marshmallows helps minimize sticking.
The time it takes chocolate to set varies depending on weather conditions and room temperature. You can refrigerate the cups briefly until the chocolate is set, store them at room temperature.
Store cups in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Freezing is NOT recommended.
For a richer chocolate flavor, substitute dark chocolate candy bars for the milk chocolate.
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 cup): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g., Saturated Fat 3.5 g., Cholesterol 10 mg., Carbohydrate 11 g., Protein 1 g., Sodium 60 mg., Fiber 0 g.
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fat (1 carb).

These are wonderful. :love:​

Any skillet cake is always impressive. You could have it in the oven as they arrive then unmold it right before their very eyes. Apple harvest skillet cake is an older one and pineapple upside down or the pina colada cake. All can be found in the recipe search.

Thank you, thank you Leslie!! :D

Related to What Are the Best Recipes for a Taste Testing Party?

1. Can I give my opinion on any product or just specific ones?

As an employee of Pampered Chef, we welcome your feedback on any and all of our products. Your opinion is important to us and helps us improve our products and services.

2. How long will it take for my opinion to be considered?

We value your time and input, and strive to review all opinions in a timely manner. However, the exact time frame may vary depending on the volume of submissions we receive.

3. Is there a limit to how many opinions I can submit?

No, there is no limit to the number of opinions you can submit. We encourage you to share your thoughts and experiences with as many of our products as you'd like.

4. Will my personal information be shared if I submit an opinion?

We take the privacy of our customers seriously. Your personal information will not be shared without your consent. Your opinion will be kept confidential and used only for internal purposes.

5. Can I change or retract my opinion after submitting it?

Once an opinion is submitted, it becomes a part of our database and cannot be edited or retracted. We encourage you to carefully consider your thoughts before submitting an opinion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• purpampchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJWarren
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
niclowther
  • middlemamma