• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids in Kitchen: Prepping Pans for Pizza Taste Test

In summary, to involve your child in the prep process for a pizza taste test, you can have them help prepare the pans by greasing them, spreading out the dough, and adding toppings. It is recommended to use the Pampered Chef Pizza Stone for even heat distribution and a crispy crust. Before placing the dough on the pan, lightly grease it with cooking spray or olive oil. Alternatively, you can use parchment paper on top of the pan, but remember to still lightly grease it. After the taste test, clean the pan with warm soapy water and avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I'm having my Kids in the Kitchen Workshop - Pizza Taste Test next week. Each child will be receiving a small bar pan. Since it will be new out of the box, and we are making pizza, how do I "prep" them? Should I rinse them all beforehand? Should be brush with oil before putting on the dough?

Yes and yes. You should always rinse items (not that I always do!) and because it's one of the first uses you should brush it with oil until it get seasoned.

Thanks! and Thanks!

I would have them rinse and oil them so they know that's what should be done. You can talk about how important it is to always wash anything associated with food before using the first time and hos you need to add oil to the stones until they are smooth to the touch.

Kids remember these things.

ChefJWarren said:
I'm having my Kids in the Kitchen Workshop - Pizza Taste Test next week. Each child will be receiving a small bar pan. Since it will be new out of the box, and we are making pizza, how do I "prep" them? Should I rinse them all beforehand? Should be brush with oil before putting on the dough?

That is such a great idea. I would love to do something like that. My son and I have a play group we go to each week, and that sound like a really fun thing to do with them. If you don't mind sharing: How many do you have signed up? What products are you using? And what recipe are you using?

Thanks

1. How can I involve my child in the prep process for a pizza taste test?

One way to involve your child in the prep process is by having them help you prepare the pans. This can include greasing the pans, spreading out the pizza dough, and adding toppings.

2. What type of pan should I use for the pizza taste test?

We recommend using the Pampered Chef Pizza Stone for the best results. It provides even heat distribution and a crispy crust.

3. How should I prepare the pan before placing the pizza dough on it?

Before placing the pizza dough on the pan, make sure to lightly grease it with cooking spray or olive oil. This will prevent the pizza from sticking to the pan.

4. Can I use parchment paper instead of greasing the pan?

Yes, you can use parchment paper on top of the pan to prevent the pizza from sticking. However, make sure to still lightly grease the parchment paper before placing the pizza dough on it.

5. How do I clean the pan after the pizza taste test?

After the taste test, allow the pan to cool down before cleaning it with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the pan, as it can damage the non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC