• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the benefits of Pampered Chef's health insurance?

In summary, Pampered Chef offers insurance through a broker called PRO. The coverage is similar to any other insurance, and it has been accepted by every doctor Colleen has visited. There are some restrictions with the policy, but overall it is a good option.
finley1991
There have been a few posts with some questions about the Health Insurance that Pampered Chef offers. I have had my insurance through PC for the last 3 years. Please feel free to ask me any questions about it!

PS: I am, however, not familiar with what the DSWA offers... I can only comment on what PC has. :)

Thanks Colleen! Is it PRO Insurance? It's the one showing under Perks on CC. (I mentioned the Direct Sellers Association because PRO is the exclusive provider for DSA members.)

I think some people stay in jobs they don't like simply so they can have health coverage. I guess if you've had your insurance for three years, you're fairly happy with it?

I've had prospective consultants ask me about it and I really don't know what to tell them.:confused:

Colleen

What type of coverage do you have? Like co-pay deductible,

Yes, I have my insurance through PRO. They are brokers. When you call them, you tell them what coverage you need and they will research your options for you. When I called originally, they sent me 5 options and I chose the one closest to what I had previously. Then each year, I receive another whole set of options in case I want to change anything. I also have a prescription plan that's $7 more a month.The coverage I have is through Celtic Insurance. And I do have a co-pay and deductible. It's the same as any other insurance. It's also been accepted by every doctor I have gone to in the last few years without a problem. I did call my drs first to be sure they took the insurance before I got it.Each consultant's coverage will vary because you can choose whatever you want as far as deductible and other options.The best thing to do is to call them and tell them what your needs are. They will get back to you within a few days with your options. I ended up saving about $350 a month going with PRO. I'm also looking into disability insurance with them as well.As a side note, if you have potential consultants wanting info on our health insurance, they can call PRO directly and get quotes. They don't need to be a consultant first to get a quote.Check out their options... they also have short-term insurance as well if that is a need.Hope that helps! :)

how much approximately are your deductibles? Like with my part time job I pay 279/month which includes vision and dental and prescription and health care.

The rates are tailored to fit your needs... so what I have might be different from what someone else has and therefore the deductibles and rates are different. It's best to contact them directly to find out.

I totally agree, I had my ins through PC for over a year while waiting for my dh to get "acceptable" health insurance through his job, I was very satisfied w/ mine and the copay for prescriptions were cheaper than what I pay now! It is a VERY good alternative if you don't have acceptable coverage. Only thing is though, they do have alot of restrictions, you cannot have any pre existing conditions and they do not offer maternity coverage, unless you get a special rider for it.

But I would definitely consider it again if I had to look for other coverage!

What types of health insurance plans does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of health insurance plans, including PPOs, HMOs, and high-deductible plans. The specific plans available may vary depending on your location.

Do I have to work a certain number of hours to be eligible for health insurance?

Yes, employees must work an average of at least 30 hours per week to be eligible for health insurance benefits at Pampered Chef.

Are there any wellness programs or resources included in the health insurance benefits?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of wellness programs and resources to help employees maintain their health and well-being. This may include gym discounts, wellness coaching, and online resources for healthy living.

Can I add my spouse and children to my health insurance plan?

Yes, employees have the option to add their spouse and dependent children to their health insurance plan. However, there may be an additional cost for adding family members.

How do I enroll in Pampered Chef's health insurance benefits?

Employees can enroll in health insurance benefits during their initial onboarding process or during the annual open enrollment period. Changes can also be made during qualifying life events, such as marriage or the birth of a child.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
letmepamperu13
  • Trish in Texas
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KristinaD