• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some successful make-ahead recipes for shows?

In summary, the show is easy to do ahead of time and guests appreciate it. Guests may not be interested in an "entree/appetizer" instead of a main dish.
nikked
Gold Member
I am heading into my last trimester (due March 14), and am planning on trying the "no-/pre- cook" format I have been hearing so much about. I am looking for menu suggestions, of course incorporating cookware and/or stoneware! I also will be preparing a microwave cake in either the Stoneware Fluted Pan or the Rice Cooker Plus to go along with the main dish.

From my regular menu selections, I have selected the Baked Eggs Benedict (my personal favorite) and the Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet. I will be thumbing through the recipe books, but thought I would check here for any suggestions. I want to stay away from the cold appetizer pizzas because of the time of year. I will probably offer one or two rings as well, depending on what else I come up.

For those of you using this show format, could you please share which recipes you have found to be successful? Thanks so much!

Letter to HostsI am attaching the letter I have created to my January and February Hosts. Just need a couple more main dish recipes to offer!

Any input is appreciated! Thanks again!

LATER: Please see later post for letter. It has been modified. Thank you.

Last edited:
The letter looks great. For the note at the end you might want to list the dimensions of the pans so that someone can measure their microwave to make sure the pan will fit.

I'm afraid I don't have any recipe ideas. Although you might want to feature a couple of soups as those are frequently good made ahead and reheated and it is the season for soups.

Great Ideas!Great ideas! I especially like the idea about the soup!

Anybody all ready have the measurements of the rice cooker and the stoneware fluted pan?

Thanks!

CC has the 1440 Stoneware Fluted Pan 3" x 9½"/7.5 x 24 cm but not the rice cooker dimensions.

nikked said:
Great ideas! I especially like the idea about the soup!

I didn't think to mention but with the soup you could make up double or triple batches if you have a large enough pan and then freeze it in 1-cup portions and then just pull out the number of portions you want per-person - I'd probably do 1/2 cup per person and serve with bread or rolls to dip in it.

Final LetterHere is my final letter, just so that those who are interested can see it.

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate this site!

Attachments

• Last Trimester Letter to Hosts.doc
    223 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Looks good! the very last line says oven though...I think you mean microwave?*For any of the Microwave Cakes, you must have a turn table, and an oven large enough to hold the pan and allow it to turn. Thank you.

Thanks. Makes sense to me the way it is, but I have a issue with "translation" to others! I'll change it.

Thanks again!

For recent shows, I have been doing my recipes ahead of time and bringing them - it has been going over very well! "Seasoned" guests, who have been to their share of PC shows, are very appreciative of this format, as well as the ones who are chatty! LOL

My Death by Chocolate show has been doing well! It is super easy to do ahead of time. I make the Chocolate Chip Sensation pizza (always gets rave reviews!) and the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake - perfect for our cookware. I make both ahead of time, and both are pretty cheap to make. I finish the cake at the host's home by heating the chocolate and caramel in a Microcooker and chopping the pecans. It gets lots of ooohs and aaaahs. Doing those recipes takes care of showing the different uses of cookware and stoneware!

Last edited:
Where can the Chocolatet Chip Sensation pizza recipe be found? Is not having an "entree/appetizer" ok with most of the guests?

jeanniec said:
For recent shows, I have been doing my recipes ahead of time and bringing them - it has been going over very well! "Seasoned" guests, who have been to their share of PC shows, are very appreciative of this format, as well as the ones who are chatty! LOL

My Death by Chocolate show has been doing well! It is super easy to do ahead of time. I make the Chocolate Chip Sensation pizza (always gets rave reviews!) and the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake - perfect for our cookware. I make both ahead of time, and both are pretty cheap to make. I finish the cake at the host's home by heating the chocolate and caramel in a Microcooker and chopping the pecans. It gets lots of ooohs and aaaahs. Doing those recipes takes care of showing the different uses of cookware and stoneware!

floccies said:
Where can the Chocolatet Chip Sensation pizza recipe be found? Is not having an "entree/appetizer" ok with most of the guests?

I think this is it http://joycesfinecooking.com/Recipes3/chocolate_chip_sensation.htm .

That sounds so yummy!

floccies said:

I've never had a host, or guest for that matter, question it. I present it as a "theme" idea - Death by Chocolate. The host talks that up with her guests and gets them excited about coming to the show for the yummy food!

I also have done a one-recipe show with the Chicken Florentine Wreath made ahead of time (I assemble it at home and bake it in the host's oven). I do this for luncheon shows, and the host provides a salad or two. If the host is having more than 8-10 people, I will make two of these.

The other make-ahead show I've been doing is with any combo of two of the following three recipes: Cool Veggie Pizza, Hot Artichoke Dip, Touchdown Taco Dip. Again, I make everything ahead of time at my house. For the dips, I heat them at the host's house so they are hot for the guests.

I've been having great success with switching to this format and I am hooked. It makes the business look really easy to do, and it actually is easier to do, IMHO. I also only bring my tool turnabout, briefcase, and one crate of products that is easy to carry.

I have to pick up my son from school now and DH and I are dropping the kids off at my ILs so we can power shop for the rest of our Christmas presents! I will post a quick outline of what I do at my shows when I return....

jeanniec said:
I've never had a host, or guest for that matter, question it. I present it as a "theme" idea - Death by Chocolate. The host talks that up with her guests and gets them excited about coming to the show for the yummy food!

I also have done a one-recipe show with the Chicken Florentine Wreath made ahead of time (I assemble it at home and bake it in the host's oven). I do this for luncheon shows, and the host provides a salad or two. If the host is having more than 8-10 people, I will make two of these.

The other make-ahead show I've been doing is with any combo of two of the following three recipes: Cool Veggie Pizza, Hot Artichoke Dip, Touchdown Taco Dip. Again, I make everything ahead of time at my house. For the dips, I heat them at the host's house so they are hot for the guests.

I've been having great success with switching to this format and I am hooked. It makes the business look really easy to do, and it actually is easier to do, IMHO. I also only bring my tool turnabout, briefcase, and one crate of products that is easy to carry.

I have to pick up my son from school now and DH and I are dropping the kids off at my ILs so we can power shop for the rest of our Christmas presents! I will post a quick outline of what I do at my shows when I return....

I'm looking forward to the outline! I am being too hard on my body for shows & my legs & back are killing me when I get home from shows. I have been making the garlic pull aparts when I get there & then demoing a recipe. But all those ingredients (I bring & want to still), the products to make both recipes, paperwork, laptop, etc., is just too much! I even just bring two crates, but then with the tool turn about, laptop bag & bag with paperwork & host packets, it's too much. I want to make ONE trip to the car!

I've been reading the other threads about doing one recipe/make ahead recipes, etc., & I'm soaking it all up to make it my own, so any info is appreciated!!! Thanks!

--Hope you got all your shopping done!!--

1. How far in advance can I make a "Make Ahead" recipe?

Our "Make Ahead" recipes are designed to be made up to 2 days in advance. This allows for optimal freshness and flavor.

2. Can I freeze "Make Ahead" recipes?

Yes, most of our "Make Ahead" recipes can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to properly store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.

3. Can I use fresh ingredients instead of canned or frozen in "Make Ahead" recipes?

Absolutely! Our "Make Ahead" recipes are versatile and can be adapted to use fresh ingredients. Just make sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.

4. Can I make substitutions in "Make Ahead" recipes?

Yes, you can make substitutions in our "Make Ahead" recipes as long as they are of similar flavor and consistency. For example, you can substitute chicken for turkey in a casserole recipe.

5. How do I reheat "Make Ahead" recipes?

For best results, we recommend reheating "Make Ahead" recipes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also reheat in the microwave, but the texture and flavor may be slightly different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Meigs
  • marystell1
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mgranich