• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director What Are Some Ideas for Celebrating a First Director's Promotion?

In summary, Carolyn celebrates her new director by organizing a surprise team get-together, making a book of her PC story so far, and giving her a new director's red apron.
baychef
Silver Member
I am celebrating our first director this Thursday...any ideas on what I can do?

baychef said:
I am celebrating our first director this Thursday...any ideas on what I can do?

Check your inbox

If you haven't promoted a director, can you share what was done for you? What you liked or didn't like? Thanks!!!

And thank you, Carolyn!!!:love0010:

Its her night! What did your director do or not do for you when you promoted? Make it a BIG deal.. Make sure ALL of her team is present. Include them in the celebration. Let her team know how important they are to her success as well as their own they are a franchise now. Let her take leadership of her own team. She's worked hard to acheive this goal let her know how proud you are of her and her team. If she is staying with you for team meetings make sure she has a part in your meetings.

When I promoted my director had people on my team email her how I inspired them, I still have a copy of it somewhere, it almost made me cry.

pchefkris said:
Its her night! What did your director do or not do for you when you promoted? Make it a BIG deal.. Make sure ALL of her team is present. Include them in the celebration. Let her team know how important they are to her success as well as their own they are a franchise now. Let her take leadership of her own team. She's worked hard to acheive this goal let her know how proud you are of her and her team. If she is staying with you for team meetings make sure she has a part in your meetings.

My director lived a 4 hour drive away and was not in a celebratory mood. Her niece recruited me and her niece just dropped from someone wanting to promote to giving up. It is a long story, but her niece and I went from good friends to her being envious of my growing business. I know that sounds very egotistical but like I said...it is a long story and it was not a celebrated moment at all. I think she gave me a pin that said Director on it! That's ok...I was excited enough for all of us!!

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I shop tonight and have the meeting tomorrow night!:party:

Hi Ann

Sorry I've not been on here for a while or I would of responded sooner. I just promoted out my first director last month and this is what I did:
arranged a surprise team get together for her,
made a book of her PC story so far with contributions from her team, other consultants and directors, and her family (her daughter did a picture of her which was brilliant!)
I gave her the new director red apron we have here and a mug from Vista print with a photo of her and the words 'PC Director' underneath
We had a bottle of bubbly and red balloons and her team all brought some snacks to eat etc.

My aim was to make her feel like a Queen for the day and she was genuinely flabbergasted by the whole thing.

I guess this is too late for you for today but it might help others in the future.

Have a great time and I'm sure she will appreciate all that you do for her.

Kirsty
x

Related to What Are Some Ideas for Celebrating a First Director's Promotion?

1. What are some creative celebration ideas for a birthday party?

There are many fun and unique ways to celebrate a birthday! Some ideas include hosting a themed party, such as a decade or costume party, planning a surprise outing or activity, throwing a backyard barbecue or picnic, or organizing a game night with friends and family.

2. How can I make my anniversary celebration extra special?

To make your anniversary celebration memorable, consider planning a romantic dinner at home, taking a weekend getaway, renewing your vows, or recreating your first date. You could also surprise your partner with a thoughtful gift or plan a surprise trip to a destination they've always wanted to visit.

3. What are some budget-friendly celebration ideas for a graduation party?

If you're looking to celebrate a graduation without breaking the bank, consider hosting a potluck party with friends and family, having a movie night with a homemade concession stand, organizing a backyard BBQ or picnic, or planning a DIY photo booth with props and decorations.

4. What are some fun celebration ideas for a baby shower?

For a baby shower, you could plan a themed party, such as a gender reveal or "ready to pop" theme, have a DIY onesie decorating station, organize a mocktail bar, or play fun games like baby shower bingo or "guess the baby food" game. You could also incorporate personalized touches, such as a photo booth or a onesie decorating station.

5. What are some unique celebration ideas for a retirement party?

To make a retirement party special, consider incorporating the retiree's interests and hobbies. You could plan a golf outing, a wine or beer tasting, a cooking class, or a day trip to a nearby attraction. Other ideas include a roast or game night with friends and family, or a nostalgic themed party with music and decorations from the retiree's era.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • krhodes74