• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some easy and delicious recipes for a Campground party?

Alright...here's a run down on my tips for grilling pizzas...I use Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts (same thing that I use in the bar pans in the oven) ...The bamboo carving board and lift n' serves work really well. I unroll one pizza crust on the carving board, and use the basting brush to spread out garlic infused canola oil across the entire crust. Flip over, and do the other side. This should get the board nice and oily so that the crust slides onto the grill easily! .... Next step, strategically slide the dough directly on to the grill. Once it hits, it's staying until it's done....so try and not get any folds
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I have a Campground party coming up...and there won't be any place to cook/bake, so I'm trying to think of some good recipes to offer the hostess. I thought of deviled eggs...which would be quick and I could show off the rectangle server! I was hoping to come up with one other thing though!? Any ideas??

I had one scheduled earlier this month (ended up turning into a catalog show). My plan was to do a no-cook, I take the recipe done show and then do a catalog walk-though.

If you do want to do a no-bake demo, then a salad or a trifle (use purchased cake) would be a good choice.

And two things you definitely want to show off at a campground are the Outdoor Party Plates and Cutlery Sets.

Will there be a grill? You could do a Grill Show! The Grilled Italian Pizza is yummy! And some grilled pineapple for dessert!

Since you are on a campground with people who do that, I would do a recipe that they could do themselves when they go camping. Definitely encourage the Party Plates and Utensils. Plus the Stainless Steel Bowls (like but great to mix, serve & store) and the Chillzanne Collection. I do a Mexican Dip on the Rectangle Server. Pretty easy to prepare and yummy!

ChefBeckyD said:
Will there be a grill? You could do a Grill Show! The Grilled Italian Pizza is yummy! And some grilled pineapple for dessert!

I turned the aloha pizza recipe into grilled pizzas for my show last night! Everyone loved them :)

SaladI'd do the 7 Layer Southwestern Salad, but use the bowl of the Salad/Berry Spinner instead of the Trifle Bowl (breakage). It shows just one more use for the spinner, which is excellent. Show off the Salad Chopper too!

You can do the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, too, just do the puff pastry ahead of time.

You can always do banana boats, showing off some of our knives, food chopper (for the chocolate), etc.

Do the Salsa/Guac duo, and layer the tortilla chips (red, yellow, black bean) in the bowl of the Salad spinner too. Make Lime ade in the Family Sized Quik Stir Pitcher and slice strawberries to float in it, and limes.

OOOOO JenniferThat's sounds good. It turned out OK I take it! What did you do special to prep the grill? Just oil? And how many pieces of dough did you get out of the full recipe?
Speaking of which - DON'T FORGET THE GRILL TOOLS!

jenniferknapp said:
I turned the aloha pizza recipe into grilled pizzas for my show last night! Everyone loved them :)

What a GREAT idea! You could even grill the chicken & pineapple before hand......I LOVE grilled pineapple!

mmm.... grilled pineapple... arhghlhglhgllhhghhhh...... (a la Homer Simpson)

Now I have to wipe down my keyboard. :)

pampered1224 said:
That's sounds good. It turned out OK I take it! What did you do special to prep the grill? Just oil? And how many pieces of dough did you get out of the full recipe?
Speaking of which - DON'T FORGET THE GRILL TOOLS!
Alright...here's a run down on my tips for grilling pizzas...I use Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts (same thing that I use in the bar pans in the oven) ...The bamboo carving board and lift n' serves work really well. I unroll one pizza crust on the carving board, and use the basting brush to spread out garlic infused canola oil across the entire crust. Flip over, and do the other side. This should get the board nice and oily so that the crust slides onto the grill easily! .... Next step, strategically slide the dough directly on to the grill. Once it hits, it's staying until it's done....so try and not get any folds! The lift n' serves work really well as tools for this...Every grill is different, but try a medium heat. Close the cover, and keep an eye on the crust. It will start bubbling through in about 5 mins... flip over using the lift n' serves... then (on the cooked side) baste on the bbq sauce, meat and cheese. Cover and let it cook a bit....will take less than 5 mins! Then, slide/lift the pizza back to the carving board, top with your pineapple/red pepper/green onion toppings, cut and serve....If you get really good, and the grill is large enough, you might be able to do 2 at a time, but I chose to do one at a time. (and I did one with pork and other with chicken) ... so one was served while the other one was started. I ended up making 2 pizzas for the party, but brought a little more just in case. The shape and outcome does take 1-2 tries, so I would test it at home first. And warning....it is soooo good, you'll never want another oven cooked pizza!

Campground cookingIf you go on the ineternet and look up foil cooking, there are all kinds of recipes that you could use. Something like adding meat and veggies to a foil packet and cooking them on the grill. Reynolds wrap has a lot of recipes also. So I can't attach the recipes but I have been having all kinds of computer problems and right now all I can do is email but I do not have access to any of my documents.

Hope that this helps you. I am new to CS so hopefully this works.

Cally Gallegos
Independent Director for
The Pampered Chef
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/callyscookin

You can also cook corn on the cob right in the husk on a grill...

I tried grilling pizza tonight. I made just plain pepperoni. I used 1 box of Pillsbury Hot roll Mix for the crust. Divided it into 4 pieces. Put regular jarred sauce pepperoni and mozzarella. My guys ate it all up and thought it was yummy. Since I made the 4- I can see doing it at a show with a variety of toppings (My DH and DS wouldn't eat veggies on their pizza, but I think it would be great.) I was thinking of doing the Chicken/pineapple/BBQ sauce one, so was glad to read on here that Jennifer such a great success with it. Think I'll volunteer to make it at our next cluster mtg.

do you put foil on the grill before you put the pizza on? i just wonder why the crust doesn't sink in the holes...

That sounds like fun!
We used a friend's camper the other week, they really need Pampered Chef help! No can opener, no seasonings, no cutting board or good knife..they basically live on hot dogs and s'mores...
So my hubby and I made them steak kabobs and grilled veggies and an awesome Sangria using the pitcher.. It was sooo good! Now they don't want to go back to hot dogs (thank goodness)... :)
I can't wait to get our new camper and stock it with our products.. the bar board is perfect, and the chopper, and the grilling products..

I grilled pizzas last night using flatbread. Heated only one side of the grill, and put the pizzas on the other side. Took about 3-4 minutes for the cheese to melt. The Jumbo Turner worked perfect for taking them off.

tracim said:
do you put foil on the grill before you put the pizza on? i just wonder why the crust doesn't sink in the holes...

Nope! You just oil the dough up, and it will sort of fall through the grate, but it doesn't since too far!

Paula Deen has done pizza on the grill on one of her shows. I was amazed too that she did not put foil in the grill. It worked great and I have been very tempted to do this at home. You have inspired me to try this very soon!!!:)

How did the show turn out?

I think focusing and show casing the items that would be campout friendly would be good too. Many people have camping gear that they keep packed just for camping. I have to admit I have a wish list of things I would LOVE to double/triple up on so I could pack away things just for camping. For example ... the knives with the sharping cases, I love that the cases stay on the knives until you take it off perfect for camping! (etc...) ;)

Also what about show casing those grilling planks ???

1. What are some easy and delicious recipes that can be made at a campground party?

We have a variety of recipes that are perfect for a campground party! Some popular options include foil packet meals, grilled kabobs, and campfire pies. You can also check out our "camping favorites" section for more ideas.

2. Can you recommend any recipes that are allergy-friendly for a campground party?

Yes, we have many recipes that can accommodate various allergies and dietary restrictions. Our website allows you to filter recipes by ingredient, so you can easily find options that are gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, etc. You can also reach out to our customer service team for personalized recommendations.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for a campground party?

Definitely! Our website has a wide selection of vegetarian and vegan recipes that are perfect for a campground party. Some popular choices include veggie burgers, grilled corn on the cob, and veggie kebabs. You can also browse our "vegetarian/vegan" category for more ideas.

4. Can I make these recipes ahead of time and bring them to the campground party?

Yes, many of our recipes can be prepared ahead of time and brought to the campground party. This can save time and make the cooking process easier at the campsite. Just make sure to properly store and transport the food to ensure freshness.

5. Do you have any dessert ideas for a campground party?

Of course! We have a variety of delicious dessert recipes that are perfect for a campground party. Some popular options include s'mores dip, campfire cones, and grilled fruit with honey and cinnamon. You can also check out our "desserts" category for more ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katchkim
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Deb V
Replies