• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Delicious Meat-Free Appetizers?

In summary, my host for Friday is being difficult. She doesn't like meat and is poo-pooing every suggestion I give her. I think Veggie Pizza is so boring.
DebbieJ
My host for Friday is being difficult. She doesn't like meat and is poo-pooing every suggestion I give her. I think Veggie Pizza is so boring.

Hit me with your favs.

Here are a few...no meat really narrows it down, huh?!?:eek:

Attachments

• Mediterranean Dip Duo.doc
    20 KB · Views: 326
  • Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels.doc
    26 KB · Views: 377
  • Parmesan Rosemary Pinwheels.doc
    26 KB · Views: 346
  • Tomato Basil Squares.doc
    20 KB · Views: 289
  • Hot Pizza Dip.doc
    20 KB · Views: 451
Grecian Party Squares
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1 envelope (.9 ounce) dry vegetable soup and dip mix
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
1 garlic clove
¼ cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Unroll package of crescent dough across one end of Stoneware Bar Pan, with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using Baker’s Roller, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form crust. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack.

2. Meanwhile, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and soup mix; set aside. Drain spinach in small colander, squeezing out as much moisture as possible; add to ingredients in batter bowl. Drain artichokes and water chestnuts in colander; chop with Food Chopper. Add artichokes, water chestnuts, feta cheese and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to batter bowl; mix well.

3. Spread spinach mixture evenly over crust. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate Parmesan cheese over filling. Bake 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Cut into 24 squares with Pizza Cutter; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 appetizer squares

I ditto the grecian party squares...love them to demo...and everyone loves them...I explain to host they are a take off of the spinich dip in the bread bowl that everyone likes...just made on crescent rolls for appetizer pieces

Veggie Pot stickers - use spinach or extra waterchestnuts instead of the canned chicken.

Cheesy Artichoke Trianglesthese will show alot of tools and are really yummy.

Oh! I totally forgot the Grecian Party Squares! Those are sooooooo good!

Don't know if it's too late, but my FAVORITE appetizer ever happens to be vegetarian, and it is called Elegant Artichoke Cups. YUMMY! (Wonton shells with artichoke, lemon, bell pepper, lots of cheese, etc). You can view it on pdf on consultants corner as a new consultant recipe. I've been doing it at shows for about 2 years, and always get raves!

Just a quick tip you can use the salad spinner to drain the spinach for the grecian party squares.

Yeah, it's Friday night but maybe someone else needs ideas. As Heather mentioned on the other thread...the salsa made with the salad choppers is yummy!

In the stoneware inspirations cookbook, there is a artichoke/sun dried tomato tart. I have made it as is and it is delicious, and I've also taken the filling and put it into little phyllo tartlet cups in the mini muffin pan... also delicious. Brought it in the mini form for an Easter appetizer and the woman who had us over was raving about it, and she is a very good cook so that meant a lot!

The crostini. You can have the marinara topping (I can't remember right now what the other toppings were). There were 3 topping options all together. They are very good.

Related to What Are Some Delicious Meat-Free Appetizers?

1. What are some easy appetizers without meat that I can make for a party?

There are plenty of delicious and satisfying appetizers that do not include meat. Some popular options include bruschetta with tomatoes and basil, spinach and artichoke dip, caprese skewers, and stuffed mushrooms. These recipes are easy to make and are sure to be a hit at your next party.

2. Can you recommend any vegetarian options for appetizers?

Yes, there are many tasty vegetarian appetizers you can make. Some ideas include vegetarian spring rolls, vegetable quesadillas, hummus and pita bread, and roasted chickpeas. You can also get creative with ingredients like tofu, quinoa, and lentils to make unique and flavorful appetizers.

3. Are there any easy appetizers without meat that are also gluten-free?

Absolutely! Many appetizer recipes can easily be made gluten-free by substituting ingredients like wheat flour with gluten-free alternatives or using gluten-free crackers or bread for dips and spreads. Some gluten-free appetizer ideas include stuffed bell peppers, avocado toast, and fruit skewers with a yogurt dip.

4. Can I make a vegetarian version of popular appetizers like buffalo wings or sliders?

Yes, you can definitely make vegetarian versions of popular appetizers. For buffalo wings, you can use cauliflower or tofu as a substitute for chicken. For sliders, you can use portobello mushrooms or black bean patties instead of meat. These options are just as tasty and satisfying as the original versions.

5. How can I make sure my vegetarian appetizers are still filling and satisfying?

There are many ways to make vegetarian appetizers hearty and satisfying. Adding protein-rich ingredients like beans, lentils, and nuts can make a big difference. You can also incorporate whole grains like quinoa or brown rice into your appetizers to make them more filling. Don't be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and flavors to create a satisfying and delicious vegetarian appetizer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kat212
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB