• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Dairy-Free and Low-Carb School Lunch Ideas?

In summary, the local moms are hosting a recipe swap and the theme is saving money and fun, quick ways to jazz up your lunchboxes. The expert recommends using the mini-chillzane bowl for keeping salads cold, using Press N Seal for PB&J's, and using the cutting boards and knives to prepare food.
Pampered_Marcia
I've got a great opportunity to go to a recipe swap with a group of local moms. I just moved to the area, and I'm looking to meet new friends and customers. Plus, this is perfect timing with school starting again!

The theme is saving money and fun, quick ways to *jazz* up your lunchboxes.

I was wondering if anyone has ideas or recipes that they would be willing to share?

Thanks Everybody!

Use the mini-chillzane bowl for keeping things like salads cold for kids lunch.

I had a whole "Back To School" Email I got from someone the other day and sent out that had a bunch of PC tips, but I cannot find it anywhere on my computer. I guess I did not keep a copy for myself, and I cannot remember hardly anything it said!

Press N Seal is great for PB&J or you could use the Kid's Cutters for shaped sandwiches. Cut cheese with the Creative Cutters, that's all I can think of for now..

I like to use teh Creative Cutters and encourage the "kids" to make their own lunchables.

At least this way they know what they are going to be eating and moms can regulate what they are putting in their lunchboxes by setting up a work station to do so. AND - the kids are making their own lunches... YOU aren't!!

I use the Mini Tart pan to make small "snacks" (Mini Dutch Apple Pies) for lunch time. Mini muffins.....Kids like helping with the Tart Shaper too. I make cheesy quiches (more cheese & ham than eggs) and my grandson sucks them down...

And of course (like SoonerCHef said) you can't beat the Press & Seal for PBJ's

I've been having to brainstorm for this myself! I've been trying to make whole family dietary changes. It hasn't been easy - especially for lunches! My daughter has been diagnosed with a milk allergy, so we REALLY need to steer clear of dairy in all forms. She also has show sensitivity to refined carbs (eczema), so we have to steer clear of chips, breads, crackers, etc.

To keep cold food cold, I use a pint-sized bottle of water that I freeze overnight. I use the same bottle several times, and fill it about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way, freeze it, and add water just before packing. This gives my daughter a nice, cold drink as well as keeping her lunch safely edible.

As for what I put in it - wraps. The new Ultimate Mandoline is my new best friend these days, as are the cutting boards and knives. I also put in cut, raw veggies with some sort of dipper.

jicama (slice with UM for thin, dippable slices)
daikon radish (same as jicama)
cucumber (same as jicama)
celery (cut into bias-cut bite-sized pieces for easy dipping and eating)
carrots (sticks maybe?)
peppers (creative cutters for fun-shapes)

I'm working on more for my daughter, but that's what I use so far!

Related to What Are Some Dairy-Free and Low-Carb School Lunch Ideas?

1. What are some healthy and easy-to-prepare lunch options for school?

Some healthy and easy-to-prepare lunch options for school include:

• Whole grain sandwiches with lean protein (such as turkey or chicken) and veggies
  • Homemade trail mix with nuts, dried fruit, and whole grain cereal
  • Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and granola
  • Vegetable and hummus wrap
  • Quinoa salad with vegetables and chickpeas

2. How can I make my child's lunch more exciting and appealing?

You can make your child's lunch more exciting and appealing by:

• Using cookie cutters to create fun shapes with sandwiches or fruits
  • Including a variety of colors and textures in the lunch, such as different colored fruits and veggies or crunchy and soft options
  • Letting your child help pack their own lunch and choose what goes in it
  • Including a surprise note or small treat in their lunchbox
  • Trying out new recipes and switching up the lunch options regularly

3. How can I make sure my child's lunch stays fresh and safe to eat?

To ensure your child's lunch stays fresh and safe to eat, you can:

• Invest in a good quality insulated lunchbox or bag
  • Use ice packs or frozen water bottles to keep perishable foods cold
  • Avoid packing foods that spoil easily, such as mayonnaise-based salads or dairy products
  • Wash and dry fruits and vegetables before packing them in the lunch
  • Encourage your child to wash their hands before eating

4. Can I pack leftovers from dinner for my child's lunch?

Yes, packing leftovers from dinner can be a convenient and cost-effective option for school lunches. Just make sure to:

• Properly store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator
  • Reheat the leftovers to a safe temperature before packing them in the lunch
  • Include an ice pack or frozen water bottle to keep the leftovers cold until lunchtime
  • Label the container with the date it was originally cooked
  • Discard any leftovers that have been sitting at room temperature for more than 2 hours

5. Are there any alternatives to sandwiches for school lunches?

Yes, there are plenty of alternatives to sandwiches for school lunches. Some ideas include:

• Wraps or roll-ups made with tortillas or lettuce leaves
  • Homemade pizza pockets or calzones
  • Cold pasta salad with veggies and protein
  • Vegetable and cheese skewers
  • Homemade sushi rolls

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Halle-Doodle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • MandyK