• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well, I Guess I Made a Profit ....

You can also write off the value of any products you receive as a reinvestment.You can also write off the value of any products you receive as a reinvestment.How do I do that?The SA heart dish counted as "income." I am tossing it in a gift basket I'm giving away, though, so how do I prove that?You can document what you give away as a consultant gift or donation.It's like you purchased it as a demo piece. Does that make sense?
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Just did my taxes and though the return is good, I didn't go as well as I had hoped. Even with a dependent and two direct sales businesses, I still ended up "making a profit." Which is a good thing, I guess ... I am just used to a nice tax writeoff from a losing business, and I didn't have much money to show for it!

The culprit, for the most part, was a medical study that reimbursed me for my time and travel, but hit me with a 1099 at the end of the year. Also, it didn't help that the 1099 I printed from the web site showed my PC dollars as "income" and therefore my income exceeded the cost of my kit! Never mind that I never spent them!

So next year, when I SPEND my PC dollars, can I write off the expense?

I'm told that yes, you can write off any items you purchase for your business. So, those SAT items, which show up as income, can also be deducted as a business expense. It's as though they paid you a commission, then you spent it on supplies.

When you spend your PC dollars, you are re-investing them in your business, so Yes!

You can also write off the value of any products you receive as a reinvestment.

You can also write off the value of any products you receive as a reinvestment.
How do I do that?The SA heart dish counted as "income." I am tossing it in a gift basket I'm giving away, though, so how do I prove that?

I'm not sure! LOL....I just know that you can. :D Maybe make a document of what you give away as a consultant gift or donation?

It's like you purchased it as a demo piece. Does that make sense? Even if you don't give it away.

Just record it as a normal expense. The value of it (what was shown as income on your 1099) would be the expense amount. It would be the same as purchasing a SA heart and then giving it away. Think of it as the actual dollars are behind the scenes (like cutting out the middle man).

Did that make sense? Sorry, I am in a fog from my cold!

That's right. And you do the same with SAT items. If your 1099 says "Sell a Thon, $100" then you create an expense item "SAT reinvestment $100."

Also....it's good to show a profit every few years. If you take a loss a certain number of years in a row (not sure how many), your business is then considered a hobby....which (I think) means no more tax deductions. That's what they told me two years ago so last year I didn't claim all my deductions so I could show a small profit.

Now, see, The Furry Guy prefers to see that I'm making a profit. Otherwise, he feels like I'm just spending money on my PC habit.

I think if you are giving it to a church or non profit for raffel they they should give you some kind of written recipt on letter head for donation.

I think P3 lets me create expenses ... am I right?I'm not giving the dish to a non-profit ... I'm giving it to the customer who won my drawing. Although she hasn't returned my calls so if I don't hear from her by Monday I'm going to draw again ...My accountant says you need to make a profit after 3 years in business. This was my third year with Previous Product Line and my first year with PC. So while I'd have to make a profit with the previous product line if I'd stuck with it, I'd get two more years to lose money with PC before I'd have to start turning a profit.

Yes, you can create expenses in P3. I would use the dish giveaway as a consultant gift & put in there who you gave it to.

chefann said:
That's right. And you do the same with SAT items. If your 1099 says "Sell a Thon, $100" then you create an expense item "SAT reinvestment $100."

That is TOO COOL...I never knew you could do that...I'm scrounging to come up w/ a few more deductions...or else we are going to take quite a hit bc I made a profit as well, and didn't spend so much on the business as I usually do..

1. How do I know if I made a profit with Pampered Chef?

To determine if you have made a profit with Pampered Chef, you need to subtract your total expenses (including the cost of products, shipping fees, and any other business expenses) from your total sales. If the result is a positive number, you have made a profit.

2. Can I deduct my Pampered Chef expenses from my taxes?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can deduct your business expenses (such as product costs, marketing materials, and travel expenses) from your taxes. However, it is important to keep detailed records and consult with a tax professional for specific guidance.

3. How often do I receive commission payments from Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef consultants receive commission payments on a monthly basis. The payment is typically deposited directly into your bank account on the 15th of each month.

4. Can I return unsold products to Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can return unsold products to Pampered Chef within 30 days of purchase for a refund or exchange. However, certain restrictions may apply, so it is best to check with your consultant or the company's return policy for more details.

5. Is there a minimum sales requirement to remain active as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, in order to remain active and receive commission payments, you must have at least $150 in personal sales each month. This can include sales from online orders, parties, and individual customer orders. If you do not meet this requirement, you will be considered inactive and will not receive commission payments until it is met.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefbritt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pchefinski