• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Welcome to the Tax Software Recommendation Discussion

In summary, people generally recommend using Turbo Tax for their PC business taxes. It's easy to use and has all the necessary forms included.
cewcooks
Hi all

Which tax software can anyone recommend for consultants? :)

Are you talking about filing for taxes?? if you are we use turbo tax at my house.

DH has been doing our taxes on the computer for 10 years. He's used Turbo Tax and Tax Cut both, and prefers Turbo Tax. But they're fairly similar. Costco usually has the best price on Turbo Tax.

Ann,
Does your DH use Turbo Tax for your PC business taxes too?

Turbo Tax for me.

FYI..One of the tax tips on their site states the IRS relaxed the rules for home office deduction starting this year. It pertains to the tax free status when you sell your home.

http://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ten_tax_tips_for_after_the_new_year/article;jsessionid=TNNJ5YUD2E1ZUCQIAUQBYUQKBACRCF4K#6

roxylady said:
Ann,
Does your DH use Turbo Tax for your PC business taxes too?
Yes - it's all on one return. You'll need to complete the Schedule C: Profit and Loss from Business, but that's the only real difference between having a home-based business and not. Turbo Tax (or any of the other software) will walk you right through it and have you complete parts of the form based on your answers to questions about your family, investments, and business.

I've used Turbo Tax for the last 4 years - I really like it.....but I'm strange, I LIKE doing my taxes!:rolleyes: :eek:

And a 2nd vote for Costco for the best price!

My problem is that, no matter how good my intentions are at the beginning of the year, I always have a stack of receipts at the end of the year that still need to be entered into P3 (I love :love: the income/expense report), and there are usually some receipts that I don't even unearth until DH is done with the taxes and has sent them in.

I have used Tax-Act for 4 years with my home and buis stuff. I really like it and it's a free download for basic. You do have to pay to file electronically. It was $10 the last few years.

I have used tax act too and I really like it!!

I use Tax Act (for 4 years) And I really like it. :chef:

Has anyone ever used "Free File" on the IRS website?

Thanks you guys are awesome, yes I think Costco has it cheaper, Staples wanted 90.00 for the Home and business version and Walmart had it for 80.88 or something like that!

Turbo Tax should only be about $20 for the personal version. That's all you need since it has the Schedule C included. Unless you have a separate business to file on, you don't need the business version.

Thank you all for your advice. I appreciate the help. Not meaning to bump, but I look forward to meeting those of you at Conference tomorrow/Thurs night!
Dawn

RebelChef said:
Turbo Tax should only be about $20 for the personal version. That's all you need since it has the Schedule C included. Unless you have a separate business to file on, you don't need the business version.

Ok so I do not need to get the Home and Business one? I will be safe with just the regulare one?

StacieB said:
Ok so I do not need to get the Home and Business one? I will be safe with just the regulare one?
bump...I was wondering the same thing.

Regular version works fine - that's what DH used and our refund was deposited early this week. :)

I've never done my own taxes :yuck: . OK maybe when I was a teenager. But here's the thing...

I have PC, and I had a full time job for part of the year, DH had his teaching job and the military. Plus we bought a house this year.

Do you think Turbo Tax is user friendly for this?

Last year we paid over $400 for H&R Block. I DO NOT WANT TO PAY THEM AGAIN! DH insists we do, but I think I will try Turbo Tax...OPINIONS wanted......................TIA :thumbup:

I used Tax Act this year and I was surprised at how easy it was. We had our taxes done by H&R Block last year, so it was pretty easy to look back and see what they did for everything when I got stuck on something.

Good to know, thanks Mary.

I've been using H & R Block's tax cut for the past 2-3 years and haven't had a problem at all doing it.

Great, got the Tax Cut, and I will let you all know how I make out.

I am veryyyyyyyy nervous!

Related to Welcome to the Tax Software Recommendation Discussion

1. What is the purpose of this discussion?

The purpose of this discussion is to provide recommendations for tax software that can be used by Pampered Chef consultants to manage their business finances.

2. How do I know which tax software is right for me?

It is important to consider your specific business needs and budget when choosing a tax software. Some factors to consider include the features offered, user-friendliness, and customer support.

3. Can I use any tax software for my Pampered Chef business?

While you are free to use any tax software for your business, it is recommended to choose a software that is specifically designed for small businesses or direct sales consultants. This will ensure that all necessary features and tax laws are included and accurate for your business.

4. Are there any tax software programs that integrate with Pampered Chef's system?

Yes, there are tax software programs that offer integration with Pampered Chef's system, such as QuickBooks and TaxAct. This can make managing your business finances more streamlined and efficient.

5. Do I need to purchase new tax software every year?

It is not necessary to purchase new tax software every year, but it is recommended to regularly update your software to ensure it is compatible with any changes in tax laws and regulations. Some tax software programs offer annual updates at a discounted rate for returning customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies