• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Welcome to the Neighborhood: Greeting Our New Neighbors with a Delicious Snack

In summary, a group of neighbors were discussing what to bring to their new neighbors as a welcome snack. Brownies were suggested and everyone agreed they were a great idea. One person suggested making them with crushed pretzels instead of nuts in case of allergies. Another person mentioned making a variety of brownies with and without nuts. The conversation then shifted to other topics such as what they had for dinner and plans for the next day.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
We have new neighbors........I have heard noise over the hedge - and I can tell they have a pretty big dog (or at least a dog w/ a very big bark), but I haven't actually seen them yet - don't know if they have kids, or what their ages are......so - What should I bring them as a "Welcome to the neighborhood" snack?

I would second the brownies they look absolutely delicious(sp)!!

Good idea! I was afraid to make them for just us.....way to much brownie for the 3 of us. I could take them a plate of them.....maybe a pretty SA plate?

That's a great idea. I need to make my new neighbors something, too. Then I get to eat those brownies. I won't be bringing them on a SA plate, but a nice paper one will do. (I don't own any SA plates.)

ChefBeckyD said:
Good idea! I was afraid to make them for just us.....way to much brownie for the 3 of us. I could take them a plate of them.....maybe a pretty SA plate?

Thanks - glad I'm good for SOMETHING tonight. :rolleyes:

It would be a great way to try them, split them without eating them all yourself and you can right off the recipe ingredients as either a testing the recipe or to acquire business....talk about multi-tasking!

aBSOLUTELY THE NEW BROWNIES - BUT SUB CRUSHED PRETZELS FOR THE NUTS JUST IN CASE SOMEBODY IN THEIR HOUSEHOLD HAS A NUT ALLERGY....dang caps locked button...sorry

dannyzmom said:
aBSOLUTELY THE NEW BROWNIES - BUT SUB CRUSHED PRETZELS FOR THE NUTS JUST IN CASE SOMEBODY IN THEIR HOUSEHOLD HAS A NUT ALLERGY....dang caps locked button...sorry

Or, make 1/2 the batch with nuts, half without for a variety.

(Kind of like the variety of how I used 1/2/half - that was unintentional...)

The only pretzels we have in the house are Honey Mustard and Onion Pretzel nuggets! Not sure I want to use those.

Oh well - gives me an excuse not to make them tonight - I'm tired! I canned tomatoes & salsa, and cleaned & blanched and froze mountains of green and yellow beans AND rhubarb. I baked a Rhubarb-Strawberry Pie. I got my new products and played with them, then did a couple loads of laundry - then fingerpainted w/ DS and then made dinner - Grilled Salmon w/ fresh sugar snap peas (the last from the garden) and sliced tomatoes w/ pie and ice cream. Then we played in DS pool for a while - and now, just got him bathed, had his snack and now getting ready to read before he goes to bed. I think I'm going too!

Oh - and I booked a show for October today too!:D

So.... I'll just wait until tomorrow to do the brownies!

The brownies are awesome - Can't have them in the house with the diet. Tried a little piece then took them to work The most common comment was These are to Die For

ChefBeckyD said:
The only pretzels we have in the house are Honey Mustard and Onion Pretzel nuggets! Not sure I want to use those.

Oh well - gives me an excuse not to make them tonight - I'm tired! I canned tomatoes & salsa, and cleaned & blanched and froze mountains of green and yellow beans AND rhubarb. I baked a Rhubarb-Strawberry Pie. I got my new products and played with them, then did a couple loads of laundry - then fingerpainted w/ DS and then made dinner - Grilled Salmon w/ fresh sugar snap peas (the last from the garden) and sliced tomatoes w/ pie and ice cream. Then we played in DS pool for a while - and now, just got him bathed, had his snack and now getting ready to read before he goes to bed. I think I'm going too!

Oh - and I booked a show for October today too!:D

So.... I'll just wait until tomorrow to do the brownies!
Did you say you had sliced tomatoes with pie and ice cream?

JAE said:
Did you say you had sliced tomatoes with pie and ice cream?

HA HA!!! You know how when you are tired,and things don't come out the way you mean them to?

We had grilled salmon (it was actually pretty good JAE!) w/ sugar snap peas and sliced tomatoes....and then pie and ice cream for dessert.:D :D :p

ChefBeckyD said:
I canned tomatoes & salsa, and cleaned & blanched and froze mountains of green and yellow beans AND rhubarb.

Tis the season, I've been canning tomatoes and salsa for the last three days. I enjoy it but really went overboard this year. I planted 54 tomato plants along with everything else we usually plant and after this last rain am having a hard time keeping up. Throw in 4 kids and trying to get my business off to a good start for the new season, I'm starting to really fall behind in my daily housecleaning. All I can say is whoever stops by for a visit will appreciate how clean my house is until they open a closet door :D :D :D !

Jennifer

OK, at the risk of sounding "negative", I gotta say, I would suggest fruit instead of brownies. I mean, I LOVE brownies, to say the least!
But....

We moved into our current home last December, right before Christmas. A new neighbor actually came over and brought us a fruit basket, and it was absolutely wonderful!!

With moving, grocery shopping wasn't exactly "high" on the priority list that week, so to have fresh produce in the house was greatly appreciated. It's a quick, ready-made snack, and is healthy, too!
I'm diabetic, so I definitely appreciated getting something that was great-tasting, yet guilt-free, too!!

That being said, I'd probably recommend something like a great fruit salsa, if you want to showcase a PC recipe. Apple Berry Salsa would be one choice.

OK, that doesn't sound like fun, I suppose. How about a fruit pizza? If someone IS diabetic, they could always remove some fruit from the top!! lol

Sorry if this doesn't sound so enthusiastic. I just remember how great that fruit was....YUM!!

But, that being said, I'm sure that, whatever you take over, will be enthusiastically received and appreciated!! (We also had a neighbor bring us chocolate truffles, and, I admit it, I ate them, too!! Ha! Ha! Shame on me, huh?)

Good luck in meeting the neighbors!!
Paula

ChefBeckyD said:
HA HA!!! You know how when you are tired,and things don't come out the way you mean them to?

We had grilled salmon (it was actually pretty good JAE!) w/ sugar snap peas and sliced tomatoes....and then pie and ice cream for dessert.:D :D :p

There is a Lemon Grilled Salmon recipe in the 2004 (if my memory is correct) TOH annual cookbook that is THE BEST! (You can also find it online). If you haven't tried it, try it!!!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
OK, at the risk of sounding "negative", I gotta say, I would suggest fruit instead of brownies. I mean, I LOVE brownies, to say the least!
But....

We moved into our current home last December, right before Christmas. A new neighbor actually came over and brought us a fruit basket, and it was absolutely wonderful!!

With moving, grocery shopping wasn't exactly "high" on the priority list that week, so to have fresh produce in the house was greatly appreciated. It's a quick, ready-made snack, and is healthy, too!
I'm diabetic, so I definitely appreciated getting something that was great-tasting, yet guilt-free, too!!

That being said, I'd probably recommend something like a great fruit salsa, if you want to showcase a PC recipe. Apple Berry Salsa would be one choice.

OK, that doesn't sound like fun, I suppose. How about a fruit pizza? If someone IS diabetic, they could always remove some fruit from the top!! lol

Sorry if this doesn't sound so enthusiastic. I just remember how great that fruit was....YUM!!

But, that being said, I'm sure that, whatever you take over, will be enthusiastically received and appreciated!! (We also had a neighbor bring us chocolate truffles, and, I admit it, I ate them, too!! Ha! Ha! Shame on me, huh?)

Good luck in meeting the neighbors!!
Paula
My husband is allergic to a ton of things. Apples are among them. But he is not allergic to the ingredients in the Mango Salsa so I recommend that. - if he's not allergic, chances are most people wouldn't be.

janetupnorth said:
There is a Lemon Grilled Salmon recipe in the 2004 (if my memory is correct) TOH annual cookbook that is THE BEST! (You can also find it online). If you haven't tried it, try it!!!!

I'm not a big Salmon fan....but DH loves it. JAE and I both thought that the salmon at the Executive Banquet was good though - so I decided to try it again......I know it is soooo good for me. I actually used the Citrus and Basil Rub on it last night, and then squeezed a little fresh lemon over it - and it was pretty good.

I'll have to check out that recipe - I stopped subscribing to the magazine - and now just buy the cookbook each year - same price - but I have them all in a hardbound copy now! Less Clutter!

There are also several Fish recipes in the new cookbook that look good.

Related to Welcome to the Neighborhood: Greeting Our New Neighbors with a Delicious Snack

What is "Welcome to the Neighborhood"?

"Welcome to the Neighborhood" is a Pampered Chef initiative that encourages neighbors to connect with each other through food. It involves bringing a delicious snack to your new neighbors as a way to introduce yourself and build community.

Why is it important to greet our new neighbors?

Greeting and connecting with our new neighbors is important because it helps to build a sense of community and belonging. It can also make our neighborhood a safer and more supportive place to live.

What type of snacks are recommended for "Welcome to the Neighborhood"?

The recommended snacks for "Welcome to the Neighborhood" are easy to make and transport, such as cookies, fruit salad, or a dip with chips. You can also get creative and make a signature dish that represents your family or culture.

How do I find out if my new neighbors have any food allergies or dietary restrictions?

It's always a good idea to ask your new neighbors if they have any food allergies or dietary restrictions before bringing a snack. You can either ask them directly when you introduce yourself or leave a note with your contact information and ask them to let you know if they have any allergies or restrictions.

What if my new neighbors are not home when I bring the snack?

If your new neighbors are not home when you bring the snack, you can leave a note on their door or mailbox with your contact information and the date and time you dropped off the snack. This way, they can reach out to you when they are available to connect.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Lorna May