• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want a Creamier One-Pot Pasta? Try This Tip!

In summary, today at a show I did something unplanned. Instead of adding salt and pepper I added approx. 1 to 2 tsp. of the Citrus & Basil Rub to the recipe. Something amazing happened in the pot because it was SO MUCH BETTER! Kicked up a notch you might say! And it goes without saying, double the cream cheese too!
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
Today at a show I did something unplanned. Instead of adding salt and pepper I added approx. 1 to 2 tsp. of the Citrus & Basil Rub to the recipe. Something amazing happened in the pot because it was SO MUCH BETTER! Kicked up a notch you might say! And it goes without saying, double the cream cheese too!

Every single guest ordered that rub AND they order other rubs. I honestly didn't try it in the recipe before and thought I would experiment at the show. That really paid off! Literally! $$$

Mmmm- I think that experiment should give you Diva Status!! I hereby dub you Mini-me...oops, I mean Spice Diva! ;) I don't hand that title around to just anyone, so use it with honor, grasshopper!

Kitchen Diva said:
Mmmm- I think that experiment should give you Diva Status!! I hereby dub you Mini-me...oops, I mean Spice Diva! ;) I don't hand that title around to just anyone, so use it with honor, grasshopper!

Ah, but when I take the scraper from the master's hand I will truly be a diva! LOL!

I'll have to try that, but won't really know if it's any better since I haven't tried it to begin with:)!

I LOVE that recipe. I have added the Greek Rub and also have added the Italian seasoning. All of them are great. I don't have the citrus rub - gotta get it! Thanks - hope you made tons of sales DessertDiva

I was a bit underwhelmed when I followed the recipe and now I know what to add for some UMPH!

I really like this recipe as is. But, I doubled the cream cheese and added chicken, the kids loved this version, I wasn't as impressed. So, now I will need to try it with the citrus and basil rub.

missmindym said:
I really like this recipe as is. But, I doubled the cream cheese and added chicken, the kids loved this version, I wasn't as impressed. So, now I will need to try it with the citrus and basil rub.

chefmeg said:
I was a bit underwhelmed when I followed the recipe and now I know what to add for some UMPH!

I was underwhelmed as well! I don't know if I measured the pasta incorrectly since I had a huge bag and had DS help measure but even with chicken and double cream cheese I found it dry and only really tasted the sundried tomatoes. I thought it would be creamier (kinda like a alfredo I guess). Maybe it was just my expectations were so high after all the ranting and raving on CS about how awesome it was! Not sure if just a spice is going to do it for me...

chefmeg said:

missmindym said:

I was underwhelmed as well when I made this recipe. I'm not sure if maybe I measured the pasta wrong since I had a huge bag and DS was 'helping' but even adding 3 chicken breasts chopped up and doubling the cream cheese it seemed dry and bland to me. Maybe my expectations were too high after all the ranting and raving on here but I was expecting more of an alfredo sauce for whatever reason and all I found was it was dry and the main flavor was the sundried tomatoes. I'm not sure just adding a spice will do it for me....

I probably should mention this too. We didn't add the 3 cans of chicken broth but a 48 oz carton of Swanson chicken broth. Yes, that little extra broth made a difference with the cream cheese sauce. Hope this helps everyone who doesn't like this recipe.

DessertDivaFL said:
I probably should mention this too. We didn't add the 3 cans of chicken broth but a 48 oz carton of Swanson chicken broth. Yes, that little extra broth made a difference with the cream cheese sauce. Hope this helps everyone who doesn't like this recipe.
Yeah, I always add a little extra chicken broth and cream cheese and that usually does the trick of making it a little creamier. Also, I have added roma tomatoes instead of the sundried and it helps with the tomatoe taste.

Related to Want a Creamier One-Pot Pasta? Try This Tip!

What is the "Tip for Creamy One-Pot Pasta" recipe?

The "Tip for Creamy One-Pot Pasta" is a delicious and easy pasta dish that can be made in just one pot, making cleanup a breeze. It is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that combines creamy alfredo sauce with flavorful ingredients like bacon, peas, and Parmesan cheese.

What are the ingredients needed for the "Tip for Creamy One-Pot Pasta"?

The ingredients needed for this recipe include: one pound of linguine or similar pasta, four and a half cups of chicken or vegetable broth, one cup of heavy cream, one cup of grated Parmesan cheese, six slices of bacon, two cloves of minced garlic, one cup of frozen peas, salt and pepper to taste, and fresh parsley for garnish.

Can I substitute any ingredients in the "Tip for Creamy One-Pot Pasta" recipe?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ingredients in this recipe to fit your preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use different types of pasta, such as gluten-free or whole wheat, and you can also substitute the bacon with cooked chicken or omit it altogether for a vegetarian option.

How long does it take to make the "Tip for Creamy One-Pot Pasta"?

The total time to make this recipe is about 30 minutes. The prep time is approximately 10 minutes, and the cook time is around 20 minutes. This makes it a quick and easy dinner option for busy weeknights.

Can I make the "Tip for Creamy One-Pot Pasta" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. Simply follow the recipe instructions, let the pasta cool, and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, reheat it in a pot on the stove or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies