1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Vanilla chips?

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I noticed several of the microwave cakes (specifically, ones I want to make this week), use "Vanilla Chips". I'm not sure I know what those are or if my rinky-dink stores here would have them. I have several bags of White Chocolate Chips...do you think can I use those in the Strawberry Cheesecake flavored cake?? Should I add a drop of vanilla to the cake maybe, or just the chips?

Ideas? I have to run to the Food Lion for a couple produce items, so I'll look and see if they have them, but I won't hold my breath.

Jun 16, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Vanilla Chips, and White Chocolate Chips are one and the same.

Jun 16, 2009
  3. esavvymom

yeah! Thank yoU! I was hoping someone would tell me that.

Jun 16, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

:sing::D:chef::D:chef::D:sing:

You're welcome!

Jun 16, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Technically, there is no such thing as white chocolate, because it doesn't contain any cocoa solids. So by law, it can't be called "chocolate." That's why the white chips are called vanilla chips.

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann.

Jun 17, 2009
  6. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

A note on the Strawberry Cheesecake Micro Cake... I have tried to make it twice, the first at a show and the host's microwave sucked and it never did get cooked right all the way through, but then I made it at home once (where I have a great microwave that I've made a ton of the micro-cakes) and I burnt the crap out of it! So, just follow the directions exactly and watch the cake... I think that I would check it at 8 minutes and go from there... It sounds and looks so good, someday I'm going to make it and be able to eat it!!! Good Luck!

Jun 17, 2009
  7. esavvymom

Thanks for the tips!

Jun 17, 2009
Have something to add?