• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vanilla chips?

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I noticed several of the microwave cakes (specifically, ones I want to make this week), use "Vanilla Chips". I'm not sure I know what those are or if my rinky-dink stores here would have them. I have several bags of White Chocolate Chips...do you think can I use those in the Strawberry Cheesecake flavored cake?? Should I add a drop of vanilla to the cake maybe, or just the chips?

Ideas? I have to run to the Food Lion for a couple produce items, so I'll look and see if they have them, but I won't hold my breath.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I noticed several of the microwave cakes (specifically, ones I want to make this week), use "Vanilla Chips". I'm not sure I know what those are or if my rinky-dink stores here would have them. I have several bags of White Chocolate Chips...do you think can I use those in the Strawberry Cheesecake flavored cake?? Should I add a drop of vanilla to the cake maybe, or just the chips?

Ideas? I have to run to the Food Lion for a couple produce items, so I'll look and see if they have them, but I won't hold my breath.

Vanilla Chips, and White Chocolate Chips are one and the same.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
yeah! Thank yoU! I was hoping someone would tell me that.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Technically, there is no such thing as white chocolate, because it doesn't contain any cocoa solids. So by law, it can't be called "chocolate." That's why the white chips are called vanilla chips.

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann.

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
A note on the Strawberry Cheesecake Micro Cake... I have tried to make it twice, the first at a show and the host's microwave sucked and it never did get cooked right all the way through, but then I made it at home once (where I have a great microwave that I've made a ton of the micro-cakes) and I burnt the crap out of it! So, just follow the directions exactly and watch the cake... I think that I would check it at 8 minutes and go from there... It sounds and looks so good, someday I'm going to make it and be able to eat it!!! Good Luck!