• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using the Grinders When Recipes Call for Specific Measurements

In summary, the conversation was about how to measure out salt and pepper for recipes at a show. Some people prefer to use their own S&P, while others use the host's. Some improvise by estimating the number of twists, while others grind it into a prep bowl and then measure it. For baking, a canned salt is used and measured. One person shared a trick of counting the number of grinds for 1 tablespoon and labeling it on the grinder. In the end, it's important to have options and to measure accurately for the best cooking results.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am curious how everyone handles measuring out salt and pepper for their recipes at a show. When it calls for it, I love to use our S&P of course, but am wondering how best to measure it. Do you improvise on how many twists you think it takes to reach the amount? Or do you grind it into a prep bowl and then really measure? Or do you use the host's S&P?

I usually don't measure, just grind a few times and move on, that's how I salt and pepper at home so that's how I do it at shows. Unless it's for baking and then I use a canned salt and measure. Oh, and I usually have the grinders setting out for the taste testing in case anyone wants to add more to their serving.

Ditto what Paula said. :D

I don't have our grinders yet (love them though - they are so handsome!) But, I'm a touch OCD :blushing: so I thought I'd share what I did with my grinder at home. I counted the number of grinds it took to reach 1 tablespoon (I think it was 15) and then wrote that on a small piece of paper that I taped to the grinder (need to redo it with my label-maker once we unpack it...). Anyway, it's an easy trick.

Hi there! Great question! When it comes to measuring out salt and pepper for recipes during a show, I like to use our S&P as well. I find that it's more accurate to grind it into a prep bowl and then measure out the desired amount. This ensures that I'm using the exact measurement called for in the recipe. Of course, if the host has their own S&P, I'm more than happy to use it as well. It's always good to have options! Happy cooking!

What are the most commonly used grinders in recipes?

The most commonly used grinders in recipes are the salt and pepper grinders. These are essential for adding flavor to dishes and are typically used in almost every recipe.

Can I use the grinders for other spices besides salt and pepper?

Yes, you can use the grinders for other spices as well. Some popular options include garlic, herbs, and even dried chili flakes. Just make sure to clean the grinders between uses to prevent flavor contamination.

How do I adjust the grind size on the grinders?

Most Pampered Chef grinders have an adjustable knob or dial that allows you to choose the grind size. Simply turn the knob to the desired setting for a finer or coarser grind.

What is the best way to clean the grinders?

The best way to clean the grinders is to disassemble them and wash each part with warm, soapy water. Make sure to dry them thoroughly before using them again. Avoid submerging the grinders in water, as this can damage the mechanisms.

How do I know when I need to refill the grinders?

You can tell when the grinders need to be refilled by checking the level of spices inside. If the level is low, it's time to refill. You can also gently shake the grinders to see if there is any noticeable difference in weight, indicating that they need to be refilled.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • Bluiydangl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pamperedbybarbara