• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using the grinders when recipes call for specific measurements

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I am curious how everyone handles measuring out salt and pepper for their recipes at a show. When it calls for it, I love to use our S&P of course, but am wondering how best to measure it. Do you improvise on how many twists you think it takes to reach the amount? Or do you grind it into a prep bowl and then really measure? Or do you use the host's S&P?

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
I usually don't measure, just grind a few times and move on, that's how I salt and pepper at home so that's how I do it at shows. Unless it's for baking and then I use a canned salt and measure. Oh, and I usually have the grinders setting out for the taste testing in case anyone wants to add more to their serving.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Ditto what Paula said. :D

Lindsay

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
I don't have our grinders yet (love them though - they are so handsome!) But, I'm a touch OCD :blushing: so I thought I'd share what I did with my grinder at home. I counted the number of grinds it took to reach 1 tablespoon (I think it was 15) and then wrote that on a small piece of paper that I taped to the grinder (need to redo it with my label-maker once we unpack it...). Anyway, it's an easy trick.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Beverly M Hernandez
Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
Replies
Views
Caryn Toering
Replies
Views