1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Using the grinders when recipes call for specific measurements

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I am curious how everyone handles measuring out salt and pepper for their recipes at a show. When it calls for it, I love to use our S&P of course, but am wondering how best to measure it. Do you improvise on how many twists you think it takes to reach the amount? Or do you grind it into a prep bowl and then really measure? Or do you use the host's S&P?

Oct 12, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I usually don't measure, just grind a few times and move on, that's how I salt and pepper at home so that's how I do it at shows. Unless it's for baking and then I use a canned salt and measure. Oh, and I usually have the grinders setting out for the taste testing in case anyone wants to add more to their serving.

Oct 12, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Ditto what Paula said. :D

Oct 12, 2009
  4. Lindsay

Lindsay Gold Member

I don't have our grinders yet (love them though - they are so handsome!) But, I'm a touch OCD :blushing: so I thought I'd share what I did with my grinder at home. I counted the number of grinds it took to reach 1 tablespoon (I think it was 15) and then wrote that on a small piece of paper that I taped to the grinder (need to redo it with my label-maker once we unpack it...). Anyway, it's an easy trick.

Oct 15, 2009
Have something to add?