• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Forged Cutlery on Magnetic Strips

In summary, to properly mount a magnetic strip for forged cutlery, ensure the surface is clean and dry and use appropriate mounting hardware. Magnetic strips can be used for all types of forged cutlery, but make sure it can hold the weight and knives are securely attached. It is safe to store cutlery on a magnetic strip, but keep it out of reach of children and pets. While primarily for cutlery, magnetic strips can also be used for other metal kitchen tools as long as they are not too heavy and securely attached. Clean the strip with a damp cloth and hand wash the cutlery with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Can the forged cutlery be used on the metal magnetic strips which are sold at places like IKEA etc if someone prefers to display there knives that way.

A host asked me and i just wanted a second opinion..

Yes they can. However, as with any knife on a magnetic strip, you need to be very careful putting it on (so you don't get a chip in it) and taking it off (so you don't lose your grip and slice yourself). I would suggest to your customer to take a forged knife with them to pick out the magnetic strip, or if they already have the strip, take a knife to try it.

It is not recommended to use forged cutlery on metal magnetic strips. These strips are typically designed for lightweight knives and may not be strong enough to hold the weight of heavier forged cutlery. Additionally, the strong magnetic force could potentially damage the blades of the knives. It is best to display forged cutlery on a knife block or in a knife roll to ensure their safety and longevity.

1. How do I properly mount a magnetic strip for my forged cutlery?

To mount a magnetic strip for your forged cutlery, first make sure the surface is clean and dry. Then, use mounting hardware appropriate for your type of wall (such as screws or adhesive strips) to securely attach the strip to the wall. Make sure the strip is level and able to hold the weight of your cutlery.

2. Can I use magnetic strips for all types of forged cutlery?

Yes, magnetic strips can be used for all types of forged cutlery. However, it is important to make sure the strip is strong enough to hold the weight of the cutlery and that the knives are securely attached to the strip to prevent accidents.

3. Is it safe to store my forged cutlery on a magnetic strip?

Yes, it is safe to store your forged cutlery on a magnetic strip as long as the strip is mounted securely and the knives are properly attached. Make sure to keep the strip out of reach of children and pets to avoid accidents.

4. Can I use a magnetic strip to store other kitchen tools besides cutlery?

While magnetic strips are primarily designed for storing cutlery, they can also be used to store other metal kitchen tools such as kitchen shears or metal spatulas. Just make sure the items are not too heavy for the strip and are securely attached.

5. How do I clean and maintain my magnetic strip and forged cutlery?

To clean your magnetic strip, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and dry it thoroughly. For forged cutlery, hand wash with warm soapy water and dry immediately to prevent rusting. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on both the strip and cutlery to avoid damaging them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sillylittlechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Products and Tips
Replies